How Fast Does Decatour Co. Stephen Gant Throw?

BigSwoJr

lemme add i didnt think we had 14 strikeouts

14 strikeouts or otherwise he went through the entire lineup like a circle saw through a 2x4 after the second inning!

I saw the gant kid sit at 88 at Pringles Park earlier this year. I saw him shut-out USJ and Lexington this year. I drove from Covington to see him throw against UC at Riverside ,and it was no contest. He is the

best pitcher for his age that West Tennessee has produced in many years. He totally dominated UC.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard he throws up to 107 mph on a good day... but what makes him so deadly is his 69 mph changeup that he will throw at any point in a count. also, he throws a killer slider and nearly unhittable knuckler. he has been scouted since he was 9 years old. good luck uc.... although, uc does have some tough hitters... stevie gosset is always a threat, and don't take their eight hole hitter, caleb long, too lightly.. this should be a good game.

It runs in the Gant family. Stephen's old brother Clayton would touch 110 mph on a good day.

Good thread,but a lot of bunk flyin' round too. First congrats to Gant, and all the Panthers on the title from a Scotts Hill fan....GREAT job, great team,way to represent the district(Adamsville too)! Now back to the subject at hand, does it really matter how fast it's coming if you cant touch it? Gant is still a kid,(soph, I think) and his stuff is NASTY! Give him two more years to mature and he should be faster still,but the movement of the ball,and the mental toughness of the pitcher to challenge,or to outwit the hitter is equally important. Ever see Greg Maddux blow down a lineup?Everything from 107 to low 80's has been thrown out there in response to the question,and the real truth is somewhere comfortably between those numbers, but the WHOLE truth is,get a bat,take your swings,and then tell me how good,not how fast Stephen Gant is. :roflol: