District 9AAA - Spring Football

Station Camp scrimmages Pearl-Cohn today (Tuesday August 3rd) and on Friday August 6th they scrimmage Whites Creek. Those 2 tests should be good tests. I know I saw the Bison back during the spring when they went early and scrimmaged Cheatham County and they looked like a team with a lot of potential on that night. Of course it is very hard to gauge teams during spring scrimmages.

I was informed this game was a tie. I beleive 2 tds a piece.

MJ did in fact scrimmage Shelbyville tonight--MJ was ahead 34-7 when I left late in the game

Welcome back billybee. Where was it at? I went to the Jr High (old HS) didn't see anything and then went to the new HS and there was a few cars there. I was getting ready to get out of my car when a guy informed some people parked close to me that it was canceled. That was at 5:50. Now i'm really ticked off. I drove down 109 (hate 109) and missed it. At least give me some details. Especially the QB spot. Is Brown QBing?

Edited by MJpride

Welcome back billybee. Where was it at? I went to the Jr High (old HS) didn't see anything and then went to the new HS and there was a few cars there. I was getting ready to get out of my car when a guy informed some people parked close to me that it was canceled. That was at 5:50. Now i'm really ticked off. I drove down 109 (hate 109) and missed it. At least give me some details. Especially the QB spot. Is Brown QBing?

Scrimmage started at 7:00

yes started at 7 at the new high school--i heard 6 as well and sat around for an hour--quite a day yesterday--dropped off #15 at Cumberland University for the start of football camp, and then hit up a MJHS scrimmage for a walk down memory lane!

The guy must have told the people parked close to me they CHANGED not CANCELED the scrimmage. Between the military and age my hearing is not quite as sharp as it use to be. Now I have proof to my wife that it is not just selective hearing.It seems like our offense is clicking early on. I think our O-Line will be even better than last years. We don't have the size of GHS and HHS lines but are guys know their assignments and mesh really well together. For us to have a shot at district our defense is going to have to take it up a notch or two from last year. I know we had some studs from our Fresh team last year on defense. This year should be exciting. Not alot expected out of this team this year. Maybe we end up like Beech last year and win it all. Should be fun this year. At this time last year there was alot more smack talking from everyone on here. I think it will come down to the last week again to crown a champ in the district. Go BEARS!

I think this will be a very tough district with some very close games. I could see 5 teams make the playoffs from this district. Beech is going to be the hunted but has some major talent returning. Gallatin and Hendersonville are right on their heels. Both have some experience and big lines. Mt Juliet may be the sleeper of the bunch. Perry will have the Bears prepared every week. Station Camp I feel could get hot and make some noise with a fast backfield. Wilson Central....not too sure about. Lebanon has a shot at the playoffs if the cards fall right and injuries don't creep up on them. Portland should be better but I think they are still not quite there yet.

Gwave, I think you may be right. It wouldn't surprise me to see 5 teams make it this year. Of course as a biased fan, I have to give the nod to Gallatin as district champs. They have alot going for them. Biggest O-Line I've ever seen at Gallatin, possibly the fastest secondary, 2 potential all-state LB's, a 6'6'' WR, and the possibility of some 3,000 yards coming from the backfield. Not to mention, the biggest district games are all at the Wave Yard this year. Man, it's gonna be a grueling schedule though.

Gwave, I think you may be right. It wouldn't surprise me to see 5 teams make it this year. Of course as a biased fan, I have to give the nod to Gallatin as district champs. They have alot going for them. Biggest O-Line I've ever seen at Gallatin, possibly the fastest secondary, 2 potential all-state LB's, a 6'6'' WR, and the possibility of some 3,000 yards coming from the backfield. Not to mention, the biggest district games are all at the Wave Yard this year. Man, it's gonna be a grueling schedule though.

I don't know about the fastest secondary. Gallatin definitely needs some more game time for the experience factor. Gallatin definitely will have a tough schedule. McKinley should be very good. They are talking possible state championship caliber. Hillsboro looks to be better than last year with a load of athletes. Brentwood is a preseason pick for that district. Crawford will have them well prepared. Not too mention district 9-AAA.