AAA State Tournament

mjuhb

farragut 4-0 white station: farragut player got a strait red #14 i think other than that they rolled

centennial 2-0 lavergne: centennial scores late and bristol shuts them down

hendersonville 4-2 riverdale:h-ville got 3-0 riverdale cut it to 3-2 than scores late for the 4-2 win

bearden 2-0 collierville: didn't see it

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State Quarter Finals

Farragut - 3

White Station - 0

Centennial - 1

Lavergne - 1

Centennial wins in PKs 4-2 (Great run by Coach McMillan, every elimination game for Lavergne has gone to OT - still be rooting for you 7AAA)

Hendersonville - 3

Riverdale - 1

Earlier in the season I though Hendersonville and Ravenwood were the two best teams that we played all year. They possess well, finish chances, and have solid keeping...a good combination. RHS will play hard but are a little outmanned in this one.

Collierville - 0

Bearden - 3

Clueless about Collierville. If you match the intensity of Bearden from the start and can counter well, you will get some good opportunities against Bearden. They committ so many players to the attack that they can be vulnerable to the quick counter. Not in this one...

State Semi Finals

Farragut - 2

Centennial - 0

Bristol keeps Centennial in the game. Farragut experience pays off.

Bearden - 1

Hendersonville - 2

Redemption from a regular season game in which Hendersonville appeared to be the stronger team. PK was the deciding factor in the first match which saw Hendersonville control possession for long periods of time. Commandos get their revenge.

State Finals

Hendersonville - 2

Farragut - 1

OT

Why not? Even the mighty can fall. Happy early wedding present for former Assistant Coach Lee! :roflol:

I do not see Farragut falling to Hendersonville. Furthermore, I am baffled by your analysis of the Bearden and Collierville game. Bearden vulnerable to the counter? Bearden throwing all of their dogs forward? Bearden keeps their defensive shape as well as any team that I have seen. While their playing style is not easy on the eyes, they have proven to be very successful at grinding out 1-0 wins this year. Maybe I have not been watching Bearden closely enough though, but I, too, think that they will beat Collierville rather easily.

I DO think that Hendersonville is capable of beating Farragut, but it is going to take an off night from Farragut and a tremendous effort from Hendersonville. Farragut WILL score, and I just can't see Muth, Wayman, and Kendrick stumbling again this year. Farragut has the best midfield in the state, but a lot of people forget that they have the best defense in the state too. Farragut wins 2-0 in the finals over (hmmm....) Bearden or Hendersonville. Now...assuming that Bearden and Hendersonville both get through, Bearden/Hville II could be a great match!

GREAT TO SEE THAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS AN OPINION!!!!!

Fair enough on the Bearden analysis as they did not send as many players forward vs. Hendersonville as they did against Siegel and Cordova (granted these are the only Bearden games I was able to watch) and our (Siegel and Cordova) records / reputations were no where near Hendersonville's.

BTW who is #14 (red carded player) for Farragut?

Hendersonville seemed to wilt under the sun...Hope there are ice baths in their future and their legs hold up for the Semi Finals or my predictions are in serious jeopardy.

MJUHB...great to see you. Sorry I had to run, I had to grab a few e-mail addresses. I'll send you a link on what I got. I know you appreciate it. Not sure if I will get back again this week......maybe.

May your darkhorse be victorius

Canes

good to see you too

i spent more time talking(between you, the refs, my lavergne and siegel peeps) than watching soccer

The only player holding Centennial in the tournament is Bristol. Bristol is the only reason they made it as far as they have! LaVergne dominated the 1st half and there was no score until the middle of the second half. Centennial didn't know what to do with us. They also had a rather high foul rate and out did LHS on yellow cards.

The only player holding Centennial in the tournament is Bristol. Bristol is the only reason they made it as far as they have! LaVergne dominated the 1st half and there was no score until the middle of the second half. Centennial didn't know what to do with us. They also had a rather high foul rate and out did LHS on yellow cards.

Proving the old adage that there are two sides to every game -- I saw this game and thought the first half was even with both teams creating some opportunities. LaVergne did a good job of creating space and negating Cent. size and speed advantage in this half. The second half was pretty much all Centennial with the exception of the last five minutes. LaVergne did not have the size or speed to keep up. Bristol was unreal on a couple of saves, but what did you expect; he is one of the top players in the state/nation.

Size does NOT matter in soccer - speed, yes. If size did matter, then several world class footballers wouldn't be playing! Check the height/weight stats of any futbol team playing in the World Cup. The US is the only country that is worried about how 'big' a player is because of American football. Of course, there is that player from Coite de Ivorie...thighs the size of large tree trunks...

Straight from the TSSAA website:

SHOTS: LaVergne - 12; Centennial 13.

SAVES: LaVergne - 8 (Antoine Shelton); Centennial - 6 (Ryan Bristol).

FOULS: LaVergne - 8; Centennial - 16.

CORNER KICKS: LaVergne - 3; Centennial - 8.

GOALS: Centennial - Chance Cunningham (61:00, Unassisted); Chance Cunningham (79:00, Unassisted).

Daily News Journal story:

http://www.dnj.com/article/20100526/SPO ... goalkeeper

I think size plays a role in soccer, it seemed to play a role in this game. There were several 50/50 balls where the Cent. player was able to outmuscle the LHS player to the ball, especially in midfield. The Lavergne midfield had trouble maintaining possession in the 2nd half. They did a great job in the 1st because they kept their spacing and spread the attack. The second half they allowed Cent to take the attack to them and they played on their heels most of the time.

Centennial has to play smart in tonight's game. What little I was able to see of Farragut last night, it will be a tough match and I do hope that Centennial wins. The Hendersonville v. Bearden game will be interesting as well but I do believe that Bearden will prevail.

Centennial v. Bearden in the final.

Size does matter. Who would you rather face- a keeper thats 5'5" or a keeper thats 6'7"? You can have the best defender in the state, but if the opposing forward is a foot taller, that gives him a great advantage on headers alone. Sounds like the kid from Centennial is the real deal. The teams that win it all don't always look the best the entire game, but they find ways to finish and win.