District 10 AAA 2010

LEON

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone talked to Kelly about his options? TSSAA has to clear Kelly before he can play, and has to prove this move is not due to athletics. Good luck, but looks as if Northeast football is getting a little faster if he is cleared. By the way, every athlete rezoned choose not to leave? Now that my friend is truly fishy. Did Kelly go through spring practice, and when did he start working out with Northeast?

So how many seniors from Northeast are headed to West Creek? Good luck to the region, Northeast just got alot faster. Kelly is a huge skill athlete, and will make that offense alot better. Why would Rossview allow this move? I know NE AD will OK this, but will Jonny Miller OK the move. I also have one more statement, "Academic Move!" Rossview is an academic school, and how could you make a academic move to Northeast from one of the best academic schools in this county? What has the TSSAA said about his hardship?

Well, as a Henry County fan, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't take the district this year. We lost 18 of 22 starters to graduation, and we have a new head coach. But James Counce certainly isn't a pushover as most of us in HC already know :D. I'm certainly glad to have him back, after all, he is the winningest coach in HCHS history. And he hasn't changed the offense or defense, so most of the kids are already familiar with it. I've seen our spring practices, and believe me, we're still going to be good. But we won't be on the level we have been the last few years, at least not yet. Although we're going to be young, we're going to be talented as always, and we're going to have depth as always. But do to our inexperience i'll say we go 7-3 in the regular season. And then end up with an 8-4 record overall. Just a prediction, but that's just how i see it right now. I think we'll be right back in the hunt for a state title in 2011. And the answer to the QB situation is Junior QB Najee Ray. He was lighting it up in spring practice. His arm isn't quite what Shonte's was, but his athleticism makes up for it and then some. He reminds me a lot of Calvin McNairl. Sophomore Khalil Kendly, Junior Matt Craig, and Senior Dillon Beloate are the other options at QB.

I believe Northeast is the team to beat in the district this season. They went to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs last season with a VERY YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM that allowed a total of 6 points against Clarksville, Dickson County, Rossview, West Creek, & Kenwood. That is COMBINED!!!! The Eagles losses against both Springfield & Northwest were in highly competitive contests which they fell by a grand total of 4 points. I believe that with what all they return + what all Henry County loses = a great opportunity for an experienced football team that has enjoyed success and knows how to win to win even bigger and I personally believe that Northeast has a great chance to be the 2010 version of "the Beech Buccaneers" when all is said and done.

I believe Northeast is the team to beat in the district this season. They went to the 2nd Round of the Playoffs last season with a VERY YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM that allowed a total of 6 points against Clarksville, Dickson County, Rossview, West Creek, & Kenwood. That is COMBINED!!!! The Eagles losses against both Springfield & Northwest were in highly competitive contests which they fell by a grand total of 4 points. I believe that with what all they return + what all Henry County loses = a great opportunity for an experienced football team that has enjoyed success and knows how to win to win even bigger and I personally believe that Northeast has a great chance to be the 2010 version of "the Beech Buccaneers" when all is said and done.

Yes, Northeast was indeed one of our more difficult games of last year. It was our homecoming game and i think we won 21-7. Even though we won by two TDs, that was our second lowest point total of the season, and if i recall correctly, they held us to fewer yards than any other school did all of last season, including Clarksville and Gallatin(our two losses). It wouldn't surprise if they beat us this year.