Polk vs Bradley Central

DmacDaddy

It could go either way...... but I will take Bradley by 7 :D

Just curious, where do you see the edge for Bradley ? I was giving the edge to polk for two reasons 1) coach Davis 2) Bradleys line is "suspect"

Well I dont really....... just going out on a limb. But, Bradley's passing game should be better with Copeland with a year under his belt at QB, and I do think Bradley is faster on the corners( if they can get outside) in the running game. Its a Rivalry game and honestly I think it could go either way. No doubt Coach Davis is a great coach, no argument there.

Will come down to fundamentals. Who tackles better. Suspect may be a good word for Bradleys line but I do believe the backup center got a lot of reps last year when McAmis broke his hand. Plenty of rotations on the O-Line last year will help. Bradley's line will be smaller and more mobile. When they spread this year, teams better be prepared to defend against a confident QB with a good arm.

This should be a great game again this year. Polk has a lolt of starters and the starting qb has 4 years under is belt should have good strength on the o line and d line for polk. Polks o line lost 2 starters but has 3 returning starters adn 2 of them seniors. The o line should be great for polk as well as the d line. Polk has great depth again this year and should be just as good if not better then last years team. Bradley's qb should be better with a year of playing under his belt. I think though polk will be ready as always with the job Coach Davis and his staff does with there players and they are hungry and wanting to play already. CAn't wait to get the season started. Good luck to both teams

Will come down to fundamentals. Who tackles better. Suspect may be a good word for Bradleys line but I do believe the backup center got a lot of reps last year when McAmis broke his hand. Plenty of rotations on the O-Line last year will help. Bradley's line will be smaller and more mobile. When they spread this year, teams better be prepared to defend against a confident QB with a good arm.

It was a different back up center, the current center (gets bullied on a consistent basis) . Copeland is going to be more of a factor this year and his arm is stronger, but can the line give him time to throw? And the kids that rotated last year were also seniors. Both Bradley RBs are bigger,faster, and stronger than last year,but both are selfish and could be a distraction in the huddle and chemistry. Bradley's WR core is quick and tallented, but routes will have to be short. Bradleys D line has no rotation ability,and two returning starters. Lbs are small, and get lost in traffic. The DBs are solid. Polks hard nosed running attack and Coach Davis's ability to raise Polks ability will be the difference. Bradley's predictability on off. play calling will shoot them in the foot again. I hope its a nail biter down to the last tick, should be fun to watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Early Scouting Report for Bear Coaches: free of charge

(especially defensive coaches)

Polk Co is going to run the Wing T,,,same ole stuff..go ahead and game plan for the wing t

....ignore all the tri county rumors that are out there: Davis and Wildcats are going to surprise everyone when they debut in Hal Mumme's Fun n Gun 5 wide...dont bite...i also heard in town at the Cleveland Courthouse that some one heard Polk's offense might bust out in the ole wishbone....horse dung

don't believe it...prepare for the wing t...you knew it last year, bad results...now you know it this year...prepare...and good luck

Early Scouting Report for Bear Coaches: free of charge

(especially defensive coaches)

Polk Co is going to run the Wing T,,,same ole stuff..go ahead and game plan for the wing t

....ignore all the tri county rumors that are out there: Davis and Wildcats are going to surprise everyone when they debut in Hal Mumme's Fun n Gun 5 wide...dont bite...i also heard in town at the Cleveland Courthouse that some one heard Polk's offense might bust out in the ole wishbone....horse dung

don't believe it...prepare for the wing t...you knew it last year, bad results...now you know it this year...prepare...and good luck

i usually dont post very often but this is just funny...

i went to the game last year out of shear curiosity and was both very impressed and disappointed. I have many many years of coaching a very successful team in the birmingham area and bradley must have had an epiphany if they plan on stopping polk's offense not to mention that heart and conditioning.

first off... polk doesnt run a true wing-t. if you prepare for a true wing-t you will get embarrased again. they run an old school variation of the wing-t that has way too many wrinkle options. also, i checked that program while i was there last year and all of their skill positions will be returning if everyone is still playing and healthy. that means bigger, stronger faster!

second...bradley will have to set aside their player and coaching staff arrogance and get their fannies in condition. i dont just mean lifting weights either. thats great for one shot one kill plays but in order to compete with polk's great conditioning bradely will have to run thousands of short and long sprints.

third...bradley had no heart at all in that game. their star athletes are typical selfish athletes. when things are going their way they are on fire but when the goin gets tough they look for a way to hit the side lines. from backs to lineman, if the player asks to be subbed out for a few plays they need to stay on the sideline because they will hurt their team. i saw all of bradley's lineman and their small "speedster" ask to come out on a regular basis. i guess thats easy to do though when you're getting your mouth busted every single play.

fourth...i will very interested to see how the bradley wirey quarterback responds to being planted repeatedly by both of polks all-state d1 linebackers. i hear around town this kid has an amazing arm and i dont doubt that he does but its hard to throw when your beat up that badly.

believe it or not i dont really care for either team but a lot of things better have changed for bradley for them to beat this small country smash mouth team with great coaching and since they have the same coaching staff i imagine that there has not been too much changed. i would have loved to try and coach against both of these teams. would have been fun.

good luck to both teams and i am going to try to make it to polk for this years season opener. should be interesting. can anyone tell me how early i would need to get there to actually get a seat?

i usually dont post very often but this is just funny...

i went to the game last year out of shear curiosity and was both very impressed and disappointed. I have many many years of coaching a very successful team in the birmingham area and bradley must have had an epiphany if they plan on stopping polk's offense not to mention that heart and conditioning.

first off... polk doesnt run a true wing-t. if you prepare for a true wing-t you will get embarrased again. they run an old school variation of the wing-t that has way too many wrinkle options. also, i checked that program while i was there last year and all of their skill positions will be returning if everyone is still playing and healthy. that means bigger, stronger faster!

second...bradley will have to set aside their player and coaching staff arrogance and get their fannies in condition. i dont just mean lifting weights either. thats great for one shot one kill plays but in order to compete with polk's great conditioning bradely will have to run thousands of short and long sprints.

third...bradley had no heart at all in that game. their star athletes are typical selfish athletes. when things are going their way they are on fire but when the goin gets tough they look for a way to hit the side lines. from backs to lineman, if the player asks to be subbed out for a few plays they need to stay on the sideline because they will hurt their team. i saw all of bradley's lineman and their small "speedster" ask to come out on a regular basis. i guess thats easy to do though when you're getting your mouth busted every single play.

fourth...i will very interested to see how the bradley wirey quarterback responds to being planted repeatedly by both of polks all-state d1 linebackers. i hear around town this kid has an amazing arm and i dont doubt that he does but its hard to throw when your beat up that badly.

believe it or not i dont really care for either team but a lot of things better have changed for bradley for them to beat this small country smash mouth team with great coaching and since they have the same coaching staff i imagine that there has not been too much changed. i would have loved to try and coach against both of these teams. would have been fun.

good luck to both teams and i am going to try to make it to polk for this years season opener. should be interesting. can anyone tell me how early i would need to get there to actually get a seat?

So how did your guys react when you posted this in the BCHS field house?