Mt Pleasant fooiball

rebelboy121

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from hear say..... Principal decided to retire instead of being forced out by the state. Principal and assistant principal will be replaced next year. State will also be the one deciding the new administration. Rumor is that it will not be anyone from Maury County, rumor not gospel. Few teachers was forced out also.

I do not think the football coach was one of them, I did hear that one of the non paid assistants will not be back next season. Numbers of football kids has been reported to be down during the spring, not sure of the true number of players. I do know that one kid that was a freshman two years ago that played some at QB has decided not to play this year. As always I do not like to put names on here but I will put his number from two years ago, #38. I think his main focus is on basketball.

Info from kids and friends they think they will have a real decent season.

They didn't really contend this past year. I still don't understand how they would even be able to since they're 2A.

1A or 2A......mTp is still in Region 6.

The way I look at it is.....plus side for all Region 6 1A schools to play UP against a few 2A schools in Region play, then get to play 1A in playoffs.....

Downside for Region 6 2A schools to play down against 1A schools in Region play, then face playing 2A in playoffs. Though I really don't see the level of competition between the top teams of Region 6 necessarily to be playing down for 2A schools in this Region.....here I'm thinking the beatable teams of Region as far as down play. And Heck, as far as that, who knows... the whole Region liable to be UP this year.

Even worse I guess is being 2A in a Region with 1A and getting beat by 1A...? :roflolk:

• 1 month later...

Hey BB, I saw a player at mTp this past Friday that may give us some flash backs of Marco....

WHolder, is it the QB or the RB with the Marco-esq moves? I know RB has his size and almost comparable speed, but has he learned to hang onto the rock and make the moves? And the QB from what little time he got last year, before getting hurt, has the moves.....

Any info on what time Scrimmage is this Tues.???

MWrench, I figured I'd bring us over here before we all got into some trouble.... lol...PC's doing great so far and I think it's their time to shine so let's leave their thread to them, deservedly so. Your right about Dailey running over some guys a lot of times, and Dugger having nice footwork as well. Wholder serves our memories correctly, mTp would have had a long struggling night against CA's Ingram without Dugger being there. And if memory serves me correctly, Marco was there to help out on Ingram several times although at the time he wasn't out on Defense at safety all that often at the time. But there were times that I seen Marco turn on a dime and was able to stay on his feet that just left myself and others around me in awe to just exactly how in the heck did he just do that. Ah, memory lane.... just can't stay on that road forever though, so on we go....

As far as this years team, I've heard the same thing that WHolder said about T.J.... not playing..... And as far as how mTp's going to be this year.....I haven't seen them in action as of yet.... Fall practice and scrimmages are just getting started. But what little I have gotten to see of spring practice on the web in video, they are showing real promise. We'll know more in a week or two......

Edited by Big Bigby