Tennessee Wrestling Question

bozo

I was suppose to move from Wisconsin last summer and that was delayed till this fall. I have read this board to understand how TN wrestling works so my son can have an enjoyable experience and I know a message board is not a perfect information source.

I am confused as to how a wrestler can get on a National Duals team, everything seems vague. Who decides who is on the team and/or is there a process? It is less than 2 weeks from the Fargo Nationals and no one knows who is on that team and who are the coaches, based on questions and answers from this board.

What is the Best of the Best? It seemed like a great competition but it was canceled? Lot of hype then gone days before the event.

Who updates the TWF website? Is this a good source of information?

Looking for answers that I have seen others ask such "cbg", but he seems to be in conflict "ghouse". Could be wrong on that but you two have numerous post about this issue, but no one seems to answer the questions.

Thanks for your help

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Tn wrestling ;Confusion and lack of off season continuity...the teams sent to Cadet and Jr Duals didnt have all of the best wrestlers on it...Not one state champ on the JR team or the Cadet team either ? other states have there studs on those teams. Tn. fails to have that happen...is it to many ego's and personalities to make that work? someone feel free to explain why we wait to the last minute to delegate Coaches and put together a team ? And for those young men and coaches that step up to take on the task at the last minute.

thank you for your hard work!

2010 CADET TEAM

84 (Unattached) Forf

91 Kyle Lee (Tennessee)

98 Double Forfeit

105 Dakota Bromley (Tennessee)

112 Nick Gray (Tennessee) State placer 2010 D 2

119 Garrett Alexander (Tennessee) Central Region placer 2010

125 Matt Johnson (Tennessee) 2 time state D2 placer

130 (Unattached) Forf

135 Brandon Hunt (Tennessee)

140 Aaron Lopez (Tennessee) state placer 2010 SE Regional placer 2009-2010

145 Turbo Smith (Tennessee) runner up state 2010 ,SE regions 2009 2010 ,Central Region placer 2010

152 Keagan Matlock (Tennessee)

160 McCoy Newberg (Tennessee) state placer 2010, Fresh natl placer, 2009 TOC placer 2010

171 John Shrader (Tennessee)

189 Double Forfeit 0 0.00

215 Billy Swanson (Tennessee) SE Regional placer 2009-2010 ...Tn's next 215 lb state champ

285 Unknown (Unattached

Jr Team 2010

105 Kyler Smith (Tennessee)

112 - Kendall Kermick (Tennessee) 5th last 2 years 2 time placer

119 - Nicholas Maxwell (Tennessee) 5th, 5th and 2nd palce 3 time placer

125 - Anthony Patnode (Tennessee)

130 - Devan Teaster (Tennessee)

135 - Jamarious Reed (Tennessee)

140 - Parker Smith (Tennessee)

145 - Josue Brown (Tennessee)

152 - Edward Holland (Tennessee)

160 - Jonathon Roberts (Tennessee)

171 - Tyler Johnson (Tennessee)

189 - Jamison Cherry (Tennessee)

215 - Unknown (Unattached) Forf

285 - Unknown (Unattached) Forf

All of these above guys will all be better for there hard work they have done this summer.

What do we have to do to get others committed to getting better at the higher level or are most of the better Tn wrestlers happy to be the best just in there state.There are also some really good wrestlers injured who are not wrestling this summer that def would be if not injured as well.Wrestlers like Watson and Martino come to mind. Also heard that Duncan and Hooker were sucessful in there trip to Europe to wrestle.

Not sure, but i am doing all i can to change things up in Knoxville. I need help though. I am going to be a first year head coach, and i have lots of ideas. Very ambitious. Anyway, with a little help, no egos please, haha, we can turn this around. Good Luck this season, I am looking forward to making many new contacts.

coach jones

Central Bobcats Wrestling

Centralbobcatswrestling.com

I was suppose to move from Wisconsin last summer and that was delayed till this fall. I have read this board to understand how TN wrestling works so my son can have an enjoyable experience and I know a message board is not a perfect information source.

I am confused as to how a wrestler can get on a National Duals team, everything seems vague. Who decides who is on the team and/or is there a process? It is less than 2 weeks from the Fargo Nationals and no one knows who is on that team and who are the coaches, based on questions and answers from this board.

What is the Best of the Best? It seemed like a great competition but it was canceled? Lot of hype then gone days before the event.

Who updates the TWF website? Is this a good source of information?

Looking for answers that I have seen others ask such "cbg", but he seems to be in conflict "ghouse". Could be wrong on that but you two have numerous post about this issue, but no one seems to answer the questions.

Thanks for your help

I've often wondered the same. I think they could tell us, but then they would have to kill us.

Anyone with questions/suggestions or input about the state of TN wrestling should attend the fall meeting held by TWF usually in middle of the state last few years at Cumberland Univ.

Open to everyone and especially the wrestling enthusiast. Your vote counts on all decisions for the states future. It is held on usually the 2nd or 3rd weekend in September at around 9 a.m. until business completition.

Anyone with questions/suggestions or input about the state of TN wrestling should attend the fall meeting held by TWF usually in middle of the state last few years at Cumberland Univ.

Open to everyone and especially the wrestling enthusiast. Your vote counts on all decisions for the states future. It is held on usually the 2nd or 3rd weekend in September at around 9 a.m. until business completition.

Has the date for this meeting been set yet? If not let's try and have this meeting before the opening day of the archery deer season this year. :roflol:

Gotta have your meetings befor the fun is allowed. Heck i have not been able to hunt in over 8 years due to wrestling during deer season, but heck got to take care of business first.

Never know, you cout get sum good shots off at the meeting and have you an honorable mount for your wall.....lol

Gotta have your meetings befor the fun is allowed. Heck i have not been able to hunt in over 8 years due to wrestling during deer season, but heck got to take care of business first.

Never know, you cout get sum good shots off at the meeting and have you an honorable mount for your wall.....lol

Hey Coach,

since i am a newby, will you please put me on your email list and update me as to dates and times of these big meetings? I would greatly appreciate that, or call me.

865 368 4459

Thanks,

coach jones, central high school

Hey Coach,

since i am a newby, will you please put me on your email list and update me as to dates and times of these big meetings? I would greatly appreciate that, or call me.

865 368 4459

Thanks,

coach jones, central high school

Coach all you have to do is go to tennwrestling.com the home site for Tennessee Wrestling Federation.

• 1 month later...

WOW, after a month, the best answer is: to go to a meeting at some point in time no one knows when, and a place to be determined and find the details on a site that is never updated, that could have answered the original question. I guess I should seek answers else where with other organizations. Guess I "barked up the wrong tree"

WOW, after a month, the best answer is: to go to a meeting at some point in time no one knows when, and a place to be determined and find the details on a site that is never updated, that could have answered the original question. I guess I should seek answers else where with other organizations. Guess I "barked up the wrong tree"

Its still the off season. Wait til the season starts or is about to start and you questions will be answered on here. Your new to this forum, believe me when I say, about the time preseason tournaments start up this forum gets nasty.

Its still the off season. Wait til the season starts or is about to start and you questions will be answered on here. Your new to this forum, believe me when I say, about the time preseason tournaments start up this forum gets nasty.

Couldn't agree more, this place will pick up with traffic very soon. Most of us just simply aren't checking this board as regularly as we would closer to the season.

In reference to some of the questions posted,

I am waiting to hear confirmation on the location for the state meeting (hopefully today) and once that is done I will post full details. The meeting will take place as it traditionally has on the 3rd Saturday of September which this year is the 18th.