District 5 Class Aa

gatorsfan18

You should not be so defensive, everyone has an opinion. My point about Meigs, they only lost maybe 4 or 5 starters from last years team. Same core group of players and lost to a team they had beat the year before, that my friend is not improvement. It was everyones first game, yea I'll give you the other 2 excuses. Polk had a come from behind win against Bradley last year, I was there, it was not a sound beating. Any excuse you want to come up with, 5AA still has a 1-4 record after week 0. Polk will run through the conference, and no one else will be above .500.

Meigs got beat by 1 player, lol. The qb from greenback that transferred from Alcoa threw 2 tds and ran 2. If he was 2nd string at Alcoa, I dont even want to see their first string qb. The kid looked like a man among boys. Meigs had more yards and time of possesion, but 4 turnovers that all led to scores both directly and indirectly. Ill be interested to see how they come out in week two. That'll tell me if they are improved or not.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I appriciate your school spirit and loyalty, do you have any reasons why you think that Sweetwater will be Central or Seq. this year? I would love to know why you think that Sweetwater should be in the second place slot.

Well I don't usually do all these predictions and I said this well before Tellico game. I also know It's gonna be a tight one, I agree with that 100%.

Why do I think that Sweetwater should be ranked ahead of Sequoyah and Meigs. They beat both teams lastyear,despite so many problems that I don't have time to talk about them all. Many of the problems are gone and all those freshman and sophs that saw playing time and started lastyear are a year older, wiser and stronger. There wasn't enough time to put in that offense lastyear, especially with no spring practice. This year players understand, are miles ahead of lastyear and have a totally different attitude. Coach Marsh is a winner and he has the players much better prepared. They still have some verygood players out that will be back after the bye week.

I know Sequoyah and Meigs have improved are getting better and have things goin for them!Spirit or not I would look at it the sameway if I was outside looking in at another district, because of these reasons. Central in my opinion is the biggest unknown to me. Lost alot of players, but still have some athletes!. What happens to them over the next few weeks and how much they grow as the season progresses, has alot to do with how the standings end up.