Oakland Football 2010

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confident Coach 'Mac' and the staff will have the team ready. My concern is whether the concession staff is going to be game ready or are we going to have to reteach them about the correct hotdogs again this year? <_<

Hopefully we will NOT have to go thru a first game with bland hotdogs! ;)

Only thing worse than a bland hotdog, is a bland hotdog served with a kick in the head! :popcorneater:

I am confident Coach 'Mac' and the staff will have the team ready. My concern is whether the concession staff is going to be game ready or are we going to have to reteach them about the correct hotdogs again this year? <_<

Hopefully we will NOT have to go thru a first game with bland hotdogs! ;)

Just to help you out Old-Timer; I called Bill Palmer @ Palmer Foods today. He said he has been the supplier for the "Oak-Dog" for sometime now and feels confident that the supply will be there as long as they have thier credit worked out.

Also Mike, now that you are now retired and most likely not to attend any games that require night driving, you can contact Palmer Foods and get the same "Oak-Dog" to make at your home on Friday nights when you are hugging your transistor radio.

Good Luck and Good Times!

2010 the year of a peaceful Boro. ie Donkey.

luv

hee haw

I have heard that so far practices are upbeat and intense so far. The Pats are hungry. That is a good sign, and I hope to get by to catch one . We are lucky we have the indoor facility . That puts us ahead of the game practice-wise with all the heat index restrictions. What a great investment !

Its time again for another season of Oakland Football. Oakland will be in its 3rd season under Coach Thomas McDaniel and his staff, looking to improve upon the 10-3 quarterfinal finish they had last year. Oakland lost a fair bit of guys, especially on the defensive line and the secondary, but those key roles will be filled up by seniors who are looking to make their mark on the program. 2 Things always conincide with a successful season: Strong quarterback play and leadership, Oakland has both of those this year.

With their first scrimmage just 2 weeks away, I would like to see what others think about the Patriots chances this year? Would love to talk football with my fellow Patriots whether it be on this forum or on my website that is at the bottom of my signature. GO PATS!

Pretty much going to copy and paste what I put on the website:

•Really good, balanced playcalling tonight. Oakland threw a couple of 3 and 4 receiver sets at the Bears and it worked pretty well, including a touchdown pass from Christian Adams to Buddy Mitchell.

•Speaking of Buddy Mitchell, there were a couple of moments where Oakland went to the Wildcat Formation, with Mitchell taking snaps at quarterback. The results were mixed, but it will definately give teams something more to think about when defending the Oakland Offense

•Oakland looked really solid in the passing game early on, leading to some big plays early on and making Mt. Juliet respect the run as well as the pass. One of those big plays was a simple WR screen to Dustin Henry that went for a BIG gain, eventually leading to that touchdown pass from Adams to Mitchell. William Butler showed some nice athleticism on a catch, but was later stripped as he was trying to come down with it.

•Oakland got Christian Adams involved running the football tonight. Adams had to have at least 25-30 yards Rushing. While it is a welcome sight because Adams is truly more athletic than he is given credit for, you wonder if it is neccessary in the preseason, but alas, you cant play in fear.

•Webster Gilcrease made a name for himself tonight, breaking off two big runs, one leading to a touchdown. T Mayberry and Dre Frasier have their starting sports at HB and FB locked up, respectively, but there is certainly a chance for Gilcrease to make his way as the backup and get some carries as Oakland will no doubt try to spread out the workload running the ball this year

•Defensively, Oakland looked pretty solid for the most part, gave up a couple of big gains on outside runs, but held Mt. Juliet to 10 points, and they got 7 of those at the very end of the scrimmage. Mt. Juliet pretty much got all of their yards on the left side of the line, minus one big run that Mt. Juliet come up with on the right. Chris Watkins showed some nice pursuit on a sack.

•Secondary did well when challenged deep, really a big improvement from 2 years ago and even last year. Only blemish was a pass that Buddy Mitchell tipped that was caught by 6-5 Wr Vaughn Cornelia. I really like our foundation in the defensive backfield. Credit #6 William Butler for making a really nice interception.

5 Players that stood out tonight: #23 TB Webster Gilcrease, #6 WR/DB William Butler, #88 K/WR Dustin Henry, #16 QB Christian Adams, #54 DL Chris Watkins.

Overall Grade: B+ on offense, B on defense( Which is pretty good considering this was the first scrimmage of the season for the Patriots).

Also for those who are anxious to know, the Oakland Dog will indeed be back this year. There was a mix up with the supplier last year and thus the sub-standard hot dog you all had to find out for yourselves last year

I figured thats what happened! Good evaluation though. Did you see any of the Freshman game? The future looks promising.

Thought that was a pretty good evaluation as well. From an observing standpoint, the first group's score was 13-10. Mt. Juliet scored first with a fg, but in hindsight I think they wish that series could've ended with 6, b/ce I think they had a first and goal inside the five. Objectively, both defenses played very well against the run. I would agree Oakland's qb scarambled well in a couple of key 3rd down situations. MJ had some bright spots in the power run game and overall team speed on defense. These two didn't look like a first fall scrimmage, which bodes well for them both in the future.

Thought that was a pretty good evaluation as well. From an observing standpoint, the first group's score was 13-10. Mt. Juliet scored first with a fg, but in hindsight I think they wish that series could've ended with 6, b/ce I think they had a first and goal inside the five. Objectively, both defenses played very well against the run. I would agree Oakland's qb scarambled well in a couple of key 3rd down situations. MJ had some bright spots in the power run game and overall team speed on defense. These two didn't look like a first fall scrimmage, which bodes well for them both in the future.

I felt the same way, almost no penalties(and to be honest I dont know if they were even calling them). I think Mt. Juliet has a pretty solid qb, really solid in the short to intermediate passing game, just needs to pull that string a little on the long ball. I hope scrimmaging Mt. Juliet is a yearly thing, its a good barometer for where Oakland is as a program as long as Coach Perry is running things in Mt. Juliet