Oakland Football 2010

I thought we played solid on both sides. Offense moved the ball well and we did a good job of mixing up the playcalling, but had troubles holding onto the football. Cant afford to give up the football in the redzone next week, those are the types of mistakes that will give you a loss no matter who you play. Like seeing us sneak the end around in there, I hope it becomes a staple of the offense this year, much like it was in 2008. I wish we would try to stretch the defense by going with the long ball on occasion, but I think it will happen with time.

Defensively, we had our moments. MBA is as balanced as any offense, which gave us good practice for facing teams like Blackman, LaVergne, Smyrna, all who will probably be balanced. Had problems at times getting to the quarterback and allowed some big plays, but got their fair share too. All in all, it was a good scrimmage. I think were pretty far ahead of most teams at this point and I feel pretty good going into the opener.........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game #1 is in the books as the Patriots exacted a little revenge tonight on Ensworth, winning 20-7. Really solid on both sides of the ball in the first half as Oakland held Ensworth to -5 yards total offense in the first half while coming up with 164 yards of total offense. The Oakland defense was aided by good special teams play and the horrific play of the Ensworth offense in the first half, who had 2 snaps sail over the Qb's head, with one almost ending up a safety.

Ensworth was able to hurt Oakland a little on the ground early, but Oakland was able to tighten up to seal the win. Offense had a few chances to put this game out of reach and wasnt able to capitalize, but also give credit to Ensworth, they fought hard to get back into the game and have a solid defense. For all talk of a balanced offense, it was once again the ground game that ruled the day. Really solid win considering it was against a solid opponent and with it being the first game of the season.............

Game #1 is in the books as the Patriots exacted a little revenge tonight on Ensworth, winning 20-7. Really solid on both sides of the ball in the first half as Oakland held Ensworth to -5 yards total offense in the first half while coming up with 164 yards of total offense. The Oakland defense was aided by good special teams play and the horrific play of the Ensworth offense in the first half, who had 2 snaps sail over the Qb's head, with one almost ending up a safety.

Ensworth was able to hurt Oakland a little on the ground early, but Oakland was able to tighten up to seal the win. Offense had a few chances to put this game out of reach and wasnt able to capitalize, but also give credit to Ensworth, they fought hard to get back into the game and have a solid defense. For all talk of a balanced offense, it was once again the ground game that ruled the day. Really solid win considering it was against a solid opponent and with it being the first game of the season.............

Any more details on this game?

looking forward to my adopted team INDY maybe surprising you next week, but in reality it could be a lond day for the EAGLES of I.H.S.

looks like INDY can pass 11-18 200 yds, but cant run the ball think they managed 55 rush yds ( yeah its just one game but IHS lacks a true back to cause any threat ) and your D is just too good.....

oakland 24

INDY 6