Oakland Football 2010

I felt the same way, almost no penalties(and to be honest I dont know if they were even calling them). I think Mt. Juliet has a pretty solid qb, really solid in the short to intermediate passing game, just needs to pull that string a little on the long ball. I hope scrimmaging Mt. Juliet is a yearly thing, its a good barometer for where Oakland is as a program as long as Coach Perry is running things in Mt. Juliet

Agreed...100%.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Oakland looked good. Oakland definitely is ahead of Riverdale in preparation right now but that's expected with that big senior group. Gonna be a heck of a year. If Oakland commits to being more balanced they're going to be much better on offense. The kickers look like they'll be OK. You can never tell much from a first scrimmage...the DL looked good but I don't think they got tested as well as the coaches would have liked. They did get a good pass rush most of the time. They're still pretty imposing but not a big as last year's group.

MJ seems woefully short of RBs for a wing-t team. I'm sure they'll get better but their coach was getting pretty frustrated with a couple of them. I think MJ will have a good year but still lots of work to do.

Great crowd. I'm sure the team and coaching staff were pleased with that show of support.

Thanks for the recaps, guys. I hate missing it when we scrimmage MJ. They are well-coached, disciplined, and physical to the bone. It sounds like we look as bright as I thought we would. Glad to hear plenty of folk stopped by. Was the concessions open?

I missed out didn't I? But, we now have a contract on our house in the Boro so I guess it was worth it? You guys keep me posted on all the happenings. This is a very special senior group that is expecting to add to their jewelry. Go Pats and good luck to Kody.

This is Lindsey Wilson's first year of football. Good school.

Lindsey Wilson actually had a football program 75yrs ago. A player from their last season is going to flip the coin for their new season Sept 4. I think he is like 90 something years old.

Other local players going to Lindsey Wilson are Corner Graves from Father Ryan, Dakota Brown from Smyrna,Breeon Moreno from Clarksville and Greg Young from Hillsboro.

Thanks for the recaps, guys. I hate missing it when we scrimmage MJ. They are well-coached, disciplined, and physical to the bone. It sounds like we look as bright as I thought we would. Glad to hear plenty of folk stopped by. Was the concessions open?

I missed out didn't I? But, we now have a contract on our house in the Boro so I guess it was worth it? You guys keep me posted on all the happenings. This is a very special senior group that is expecting to add to their jewelry. Go Pats and good luck to Kody.

You would have liked it, 2P. We had a couple hundred there last night, probably the biggest crowd I have ever seen for a scrimmage. Will be a little different. I am thinking a meeting of all the Oakland brethren should be in place when we play up at Christian Co., yes?

Lindsey Wilson actually had a football program 75yrs ago. A player from their last season is going to flip the coin for their new season Sept 4. I think he is like 90 something years old.

Other local players going to Lindsey Wilson are Corner Graves from Father Ryan, Dakota Brown from Smyrna,Breeon Moreno from Clarksville and Greg Young from Hillsboro.

I also hear Darius Coffey and Zach Barnes will be joining that roster.