Oakland Football 2010

Its time again for another season of Oakland Football. Oakland will be in its 3rd season under Coach Thomas McDaniel and his staff, looking to improve upon the 10-3 quarterfinal finish they had last year. Oakland lost a fair bit of guys, especially on the defensive line and the secondary, but those key roles will be filled up by seniors who are looking to make their mark on the program. 2 Things always conincide with a successful season: Strong quarterback play and leadership, Oakland has both of those this year.

With their first scrimmage just 2 weeks away, I would like to see what others think about the Patriots chances this year? Would love to talk football with my fellow Patriots whether it be on this forum or on my website that is at the bottom of my signature. GO PATS!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland has great representation in the Murphy Fair Preseason poll. Even though these polls do not mean a thing come December, its still a good start to the season! Lets Get It!!

I agree. But in honest, Mitchell and Mayberry are almost no brainers. Mayberry stats may suffer a little bit due to the fact that the Patriots will be stacked in the backfield, but Oakland will be better for it in the long run. Fletcher will be relied on for both sides of the ball, this will be the year for him to make his mark having played in the shadows of McAdoo, Murray, and Coffey the last few seasons.

Also wanted to note Oakland's scrimmage schedule: July 30th v. Mt. Juliet, August 6th @ Red Bank, August 13th @ MBA, all times are 6pm.

There are two Barretts. One will be an incoming Freshman.

Yes, One is a Junior and will be getting some playing time at linebacker and the youngest has been rehabing a broken leg and will be ready to go in a few weeks he is already 6ft 2in and weighs 288lbs and is probably one of the best middle school lineman I have seen In a while. I also heard that The oldest brother Derek will be starting nose guard at Lindsey Wilson college In KY and may be named Defensive Captain as a redshirt Freshman.

I think everyone knows what a big fan I am of the Barrett kids. So good to see two in red, white, and blue these days. You can bet they will be a force to reckon with on the field this year. I hope to catch Derek in a game this year since it looks like McAdoo won't be seeing the field this yr at UK. Bummer.

I hope to make it to a scrimmage before the first game to give my input on this yr's new kids. I really expecy big things this year out of the senior class. This group of kids helped put OHS back on the map and are very seasoned.

I think everyone knows what a big fan I am of the Barrett kids. So good to see two in red, white, and blue these days. You can bet they will be a force to reckon with on the field this year. I hope to catch Derek in a game this year since it looks like McAdoo won't be seeing the field this yr at UK. Bummer.

I hope to make it to a scrimmage before the first game to give my input on this yr's new kids. I really expecy big things this year out of the senior class. This group of kids helped put OHS back on the map and are very seasoned.

I would suggest that you make it to the first one if you can. I know how much respect you have for Roger Perry and it is Oakland's only home scrimmage. You should make it for the 7-AAA Barnstorming Tour :rolleyes: . Should be a fun season regardless, One day away till pads!

I would suggest that you make it to the first one if you can. I know how much respect you have for Roger Perry and it is Oakland's only home scrimmage. You should make it for the 7-AAA Barnstorming Tour :rolleyes: . Should be a fun season regardless, One day away till pads!

Very true, I think he has come in and developed that MJ program into contenders. Sad that they had to play us in first round b/c I think both of us should have drawn easier opponents like some schools did.

Yes, One is a Junior and will be getting some playing time at linebacker and the youngest has been rehabing a broken leg and will be ready to go in a few weeks he is already 6ft 2in and weighs 288lbs and is probably one of the best middle school lineman I have seen In a while. I also heard that The oldest brother Derek will be starting nose guard at Lindsey Wilson college In KY and may be named Defensive Captain as a redshirt Freshman.

This is Lindsey Wilson's first year of football. Good school.