CAK vs. Grace

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace looked rough in the jamboree. I watched the Halls scrimmage, we looked much better in the scrimmage than in the jamboree. Our defense is solid, but FD said it, we play several of our guys both ways, and in this heat, that will take its toll. Playing 1A and 2A teams we can usually get away with the lack of depth. The schools we play are usually in the same boat. Playing teams such as CAK, Gibbs, Johnson County, etc. who have more depth could cause problems.

CAK is an elite program, well respected by the supporters of our program and folks around east TN. I look for the score to be similar to last year, if we can hold the ball and keep CAK's offense on the bench as long as possible. Special teams are also a question mark, need to get better this week to keep this one close.

Grace looked rough in the jamboree. I watched the Halls scrimmage, we looked much better in the scrimmage than in the jamboree. Our defense is solid, but FD said it, we play several of our guys both ways, and in this heat, that will take its toll. Playing 1A and 2A teams we can usually get away with the lack of depth. The schools we play are usually in the same boat. Playing teams such as CAK, Gibbs, Johnson County, etc. who have more depth could cause problems.

CAK is an elite program, well respected by the supporters of our program and folks around east TN. I look for the score to be similar to last year, if we can hold the ball and keep CAK's offense on the bench as long as possible. Special teams are also a question mark, need to get better this week to keep this one close.

Special teams are a question for the Warriors as well. We graduated a very fine kicker who could put it in the endzone about 70% of the time, not so this year. We will have to cover every kick. Honestly I'm a bit nervous about that. CAK was out of sync in the jamboree as well and will need to do much better against Grace. I too believe ball control will be the best opportunity for Grace to win, keeping the CAK offense on the sideline. But that sort of game plan will further exasperate the fatique issue. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams have some limited success with that early on, but as the game wears on I believe the Warrior defense will be too tough. A repeat of the 100 yds in penalities and 5 turnovers from last years performance by CAK could significantly help the RAMs as well. The Grace oline is big, but the CAK dline is quick & strong and the LB's are very active, and they only play one way. Should be an interesting game, I can't wait for Thursday. I pray all players from both sides can play an injury free game.

I am interested in seeing how the CAK offensive line does against the best defensive line in the state. Cant wait to see this match up.

Now Shooter, you know as well as I do that "the best defensive line in the state" comment was influenced by an adrenaline high that we all get just before football season begins. :rolleyes: Heck, we're all undefeated right now! Coach M.Bradley is as fine an offensive line coach as you will find in TN high school football and has some very good & experienced offensive linemen to work with. Grace may very well have a good defensive line, but I'm not concerned a bit about how CAK's oline will hold up against the RAMS. My guess is those big ole boys from Grace will be bent over gasping for air after a couple of qtrs of pass rushing. We'll see :popcorneater:

Edited by FootballDad

It's exciting to see the season is almost here! I'm looking forward to a good and spirited match up this Thursday with Grace. I think the biggest question on the outcome falls on the shoulders of the Warriors. I think Grace is a good up and coming program and has a fine team, but on paper the Warriors should be substantially better. Will CAK have 5 turnovers, give up special teams touchdown(s), give up major penalty yards, all like last year? If so, this game could really disappoint the Warrior players and fans with the outcome. Last year there were more inexperienced players starting for the CAK than this year. That should pay dividends, but the Warriors have to come out focused and sharp. I predict Coach Bradley and staff will have this team primed and ready. While the first game may not look quite as sharp as a mid season match up, I expect the Warriors to be able to win decisively.

PS: Concessions will be outstanding!

Edited by Govolsknox

It's exciting to see the season is almost here! I'm looking forward to a good and spirited match up this Thursday with Grace. I think the biggest question on the outcome falls on the shoulders of the Warriors. I think Grace is a good up and coming program and has a fine team, but on paper the Warriors should be substantially better. Will CAK have 5 turnovers, give up special teams touchdown(s), give up major penalty yards, all like last year? If so, this game could really disappoint the Warrior players and fans with the outcome. Last year there were more inexperienced players starting for the CAK than this year. That should pay dividends, but the Warriors have to come out focused and sharp. I predict Coach Bradley and staff will have this team primed and ready. While the first game may not look quite as sharp as a mid season match up, I expect the Warriors to be able to win decisively.

I cant believe GVK made a post and didn't reference the concessions stand! I'm already tasting those grilled burgers and homemade bananna pudding :popcorneater: We've also got some new and exciting stuff to enhance the pre-game atmosphere. The game ball was delivered by skydivers last year for our home opener, this year it is being delivered by ?????, can't tell, but you'll be impressed. Also, there is a new inflatable warrior helmet complete with smoke for the team to run through. It's HUGE! It looks like something you would see in the NFL.

I cant believe GVK made a post and didn't reference the concessions stand! I'm already tasting those grilled burgers and homemade bananna pudding :popcorneater: We've also got some new and exciting stuff to enhance the pre-game atmosphere. The game ball was delivered by skydivers last year for our home opener, this year it is being delivered by ?????, can't tell, but you'll be impressed. Also, there is a new inflatable warrior helmet complete with smoke for the team to run through. It's HUGE! It looks like something you would see in the NFL.

FBD, Please note that I edited my previous post to address the egregious error on my part. :blush:

I don't know how BC figured out the Stars garbage truck plan. He must have found coach Bradley's box. I hope the box is out of reach (where it belongs) before the last game of the season.

Now as far as the helmet is concerned, smoke coming from the grilling burgers doesn't count. And I hope the CAK score is as large as the helmet when the clock hits zero!