Sequatchie Valley Football Jamboree

volsbbfan

Jamboree Format  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the SV Jamboree format?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy do you know what your book needs? It needs The Great One's autograph. I will be arriving at the jamboree tonight around 6:00 and I will be on the lookout for a man with a book. If I see you then I will grace you with my presence and autograph your book. It will be worth alot more with my autograph.

FOOTBALL SEASON IS LIKE CHRISTMAS TO ME..YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!!!

I was reading in my book last night and this morning about these teams that are going to be playing tonight. I could read about everyone except Marion. That Beck guy didn't even fill out the survey for Murphy. I had to get last years book out and convert junions to seniors, sophomores to juniors, and freshman to sophomores to see how good they were going to be this year. I will be there tonight and will bring my book if anyone wants to read along with me about these teams. I hope Grider has had our boys lifting hard this week so they will be real big and strong for the game tonight. You think im joking cause im not.

if the boys have not lifted hard till this week, it won't help. You think im joking cause i'm not.

I seen the jamboree tonight. Marion County warriors struggled the whole night and shot themselves in the foot. the coaching staff needs to get on them boys. Sp did not impress me at all. infact I thought they were mighty weak. Signal prob 3-4 td's better than sp right now, be licking your chops cause you will tear SP up because their pass defense and defense in general is horrible!!!! There db's need tons of work and could not stop the passing attack all night...Grundy county was the other team that looked good. Teams from the "sequatchie valley" will struggle mightly this year.

I seen the jamboree tonight. Marion County warriors struggled the whole night and shot themselves in the foot. the coaching staff needs to get on them boys. Sp did not impress me at all. infact I thought they were mighty weak. Signal prob 3-4 td's better than sp right now, be licking your chops cause you will tear SP up because their pass defense and defense in general is horrible!!!! There db's need tons of work and could not stop the passing attack all night...Grundy county was the other team that looked good. Teams from the "sequatchie valley" will struggle mightly this year.

Jasper was bad. Most undisciplined Warrior team I have seen in a long time. And only team there wearing their practice jerseys. In their defense though, they did have about 6 big boys that looked like they were hurt and not dressed out. That could have something to do with how they played. And they lost a lot from last year. I'll wait until the season actually begins for them before I have a final judgement.

Lookout Valley looks to be going the old way in terms of numbers. Not enough bodies.

Sequatchie looked decent enough to win some this year. Their backs 2 and I think 44 were good ball players.

Whitwell was Whitwell. May be a little better than last year.

Bledsoe has improved some.

Grundy was the sharpest team there for the most part. Very good looking group of players. They'll make some noise this year.

South Pittsburg may have been the best overall team there. But they were far from playing the best. Pass defense was bad. Blocking was bad. If they play like this all year there will be 3 or 4 losses.

Its Just a jamboree and one Qtr of Football and alot can happen when you had in kickoff and kickoff return. I thought all teams there had their moments good or bad. Sequatchie came out flat against Grundy and got it took it to them, but then they took it to Marion County. Same goes for Whitwell they came out played their buts of against SP, but then they came out and shot them selfs in the foot against MC. I think all the valley teams showed promise and they all showed there faults. I dont agree with you saying all teams are going to struggle. Here is my take on the teams.

Grundy- I thought came out and looked good against Sequatchie and looked very much improved, but they came out a little flat against LV however they did look like they was mixing in some players.

Bledsoe- I thought there Off passing attack was very well ran but there Def struggled at times.

Sequatchie- Came out flat against Grundy but then came out and took it to MC. The question now rises with them is which team is going to show up. The team against Grudy will win them 3 or 4 but the team against MC will win the 7 or 8.

Whitwell- I thought they looked better than last year and will give some teams fits. I thought there Off was ran pretty well at times and there Def flew around the ball.

LV-Same story every year they have athletes but not the Depth. They played with BC and GC but all in all they still need some work and They will be fighting with MC and Whitwell for that other playoff spot should be interesting.

South Pitt- For the first time in a while they didnt come out and run all over people as usual. However, I thought there QB did well at times and he is very accurate. There Def will get better and I think there OFf is still pretty good. Should be intresting when they play a couple teams this year.

Marion County- They looked young and its not the best they have looked in a long time. There Def needs work and the center and QB exchange needs to be fixed. They will struggle at times this year and with improving whitwell and LV not looking bad it will be a hard fought year to get in the playoffs.

Edited by DefMinded

Well here is my take last night...SP and Grundy were the two best teams there..like everybody has said Jasper has ALOT of work to do...Worst line I have seen in my life at Jasper...I mean the qb was barely getting the ball before his linemen were pushed back two and three yards...Gibbs is by far their go to guy! I thought Travis and Jake both looked good on offense at quarterback..both made smart reads and did a good job...Offensive line played alright...Antonio played great at wr....Now the defense...and I am talking about the pass defense....they need a little work...but it was a jamboree and from the looks it looked like we were in some zone on alot of those passes and not man so thats understandable...but reguardless...alot of work to be done...hit the field and work your tails off playing to go to Cookeville.

Jasper was bad. Most undisciplined Warrior team I have seen in a long time. And only team there wearing their practice jerseys. In their defense though, they did have about 6 big boys that looked like they were hurt and not dressed out. That could have something to do with how they played. And they lost a lot from last year. I'll wait until the season actually begins for them before I have a final judgement.

Lookout Valley looks to be going the old way in terms of numbers. Not enough bodies.

Sequatchie looked decent enough to win some this year. Their backs 2 and I think 44 were good ball players.

Whitwell was Whitwell. May be a little better than last year.

Bledsoe has improved some.

Grundy was the sharpest team there for the most part. Very good looking group of players. They'll make some noise this year.

South Pittsburg may have been the best overall team there. But they were far from playing the best. Pass defense was bad. Blocking was bad. If they play like this all year there will be 3 or 4 losses.

Those guys were not allowed to dress out from missing practice....not hurt

Grundy looked sharp. Who is their coach? nice play calling with great execution

Bledsoe is good again, even without that really good QB.

Lookout Valley, well, Signal might want to recruit some of their better players.. lol

Marion needs an O-line, but as PowerP said some sat out due to missing practices.

Sequatchie definitely has some athletes... #2 is a beast on offense and defense.

Whitwell, had some bright moments.

SP best play came from the QB's and Antonio Chubb (WR).

Now, SP better do something about the pass defense or Signal will put 60 on the board.

I don't know how could say that Bledsoe doesn't have a good QB, I watched every game played last and to me #10 from Bledsoe was the best looking and most accurate QB there, Just my opinion but I have scouted alot of good QB's in the South and he ranks in the top 5 of the Junior class in the State of Tennessee. This kid will put up big numbers by season's end.

Yeah, the QBs biggest problem wasn't anything that he was doing. Too many dropped passes was the problem that I saw.

I don't know how could say that Bledsoe doesn't have a good QB, I watched every game played last and to me #10 from Bledsoe was the best looking and most accurate QB there, Just my opinion but I have scouted alot of good QB's in the South and he ranks in the top 5 of the Junior class in the State of Tennessee. This kid will put up big numbers by season's end.

You have already ranked him in the top 5 in Tennessee, before he play's his first game. Are you kin or from Bledsoe? However, I think Pirate Mike was refering to Tyler Harvey last year.