DISTRICT 10---OUTLOOK 2010

NeWbLuE

Football season is here again. Here are the teams in District 10, in no particular order... rank em as you see em. I'll place my ranking a little later. Does any team go undefeated in District? or Season? How many teams will this dist send to the playoffs.

Houston Co

Clarksville Aca.

McEwen

East Robertson

White House Heritage

Nashville Christian

Jo Byrns

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Jo Byrns (10-0)

2. East Robertson

3. White House-Heritage

4. Nashville Christian

5. McEwen

6. Clarksville Academy

7. Houston Co.

East and WHH could go either way. Right now I only see two teams making the playoffs (top 2 teams automatically qualify). It's possible we could get 3 and it's a stretch to think we'll have 4. It really depends on how well the teams do outside of the district.

Heritage is definately not the third place team in the district. The team fighting for second with East is Nashville Christian. They got everyone coming back and with Coach Brothers taking that job they are going to cause problems for folks.

I don't agree but I won't be too surprised if you're right. I put NCS at 4 because of Brothers. Without Brothers I'd have them at 6. WHH has some good returning talent too so don't write them off.

Heritage is definately not the third place team in the district. The team fighting for second with East is Nashville Christian. They got everyone coming back and with Coach Brothers taking that job they are going to cause problems for folks.

For those of us not overly familar with Coach Brothers, why is his addition going to make such an impact? I was under the impression he didn't accomplish much at JP2. If that was the case, why will NCS be any different? This is not a flame - this is an honest question. And - Why so quick to write off Heritage? East has some rebuilding to do too.

Football season is here again. Here are the teams in District 10, in no particular order... rank em as you see em. I'll place my ranking a little later. Does any team go undefeated in District? or Season? How many teams will this dist send to the playoffs.

Houston Co

Clarksville Aca.

McEwen

East Robertson

White House Heritage

Nashville Christian

Jo Byrns

Not being biased at all but myself and a few others think the Devils should go 10-0 heading into the playoffs, but the game has to be played first. I know the first night in pads the drills for the linemen got pretty intence, alot of hoopla and aggression, coach adkins had the qb's and skill guys running pass skeleton, WHEW ! I mean loaded ! I guess we will see what the season holds for the Devils, barring any serious injuries they should be in store for another deep run in the playoffs

For those of us not overly familar with Coach Brothers, why is his addition going to make such an impact? I was under the impression he didn't accomplish much at JP2. If that was the case, why will NCS be any different? This is not a flame - this is an honest question. And - Why so quick to write off Heritage? East has some rebuilding to do too.

I don't know a lot about Brothers other than what I've read and heard. I also work with a guy who has a son that played for him at JPII and they have nothing but good things to say about him. Maybe "he didn't accomplish much at JP2" but the ground work was laid. I don't think there are many coaches out there that could start a new football program at the highest level of DII and be much more successful. I was told their numbers were pretty low until recently. I believe they were used to 10-12 players per class and last year they had over 30 freshmen and they have at least that many freshmen again this year. Given the recent spike in numbers and their new coach, I think JPII will be making some noise pretty soon. With that said, I don't know if you can fully judge his capabilities based solely on JPII. Other than that, I read this in the paper:

Brothers experienced significant success in high school. As a quarterback at Brentwood Academy, he helped guide the Eagles to two straight state championships (1987 and ’88), with the ’88 team finishing with a No. 7 ranking by USA Today.

He went on to become a four-year letterman at Vanderbilt, playing safety under head coaches Watson Brown and Gerry DiNardo.

He was an assistant at his alma mater, BA, for two years (1994-95), then coached at CPA for six years under David Pack before he took his first head coaching job at JPII in ’02.

Not being biased at all but myself and a few others think the Devils should go 10-0 heading into the playoffs, but the game has to be played first. I know the first night in pads the drills for the linemen got pretty intence, alot of hoopla and aggression, coach adkins had the qb's and skill guys running pass skeleton, WHEW ! I mean loaded ! I guess we will see what the season holds for the Devils, barring any serious injuries they should be in store for another deep run in the playoffs

RDM...who looked like they were ready? Who looked like they had put in the work? Can't wait to see how they look on Friday against Watertown! The last time we had to go to Watertown we ended up at the big show in December.

Good response so far....some of you might already know

I am a supporter of WHHeritage hince the NEWBLUE tag.....we are the New blue of White House. Course the old blue is that other white house team the Blue Devils. We now have the Best School in Robertson Co. The brand new 30 million dollar White House Heritage is opening this Fall. Its just about a mile north of I65 on Hwy 76. We are all very proud of it. I expect the population of students will increase over the next few years. I wonder how long we will stay in A/ AA. The football stadium/field is not ready yet and we will be playing all the home football games at the same place, the park. Still sharing it with the Blue Devils. That is why we have like 3 Thursday night games.

White House-Heritage was mostly a young team last year.Some talent was lost to the Senior class but Quaterback, running back and receivers, all got vast experience last yr as Soph and Jrs . WHH made it to the 2nd round of playoffs for the first time and got put out by the eventual State Champion Trousdale Co. So this should be a good year,and spirits are high after a great season.

WHH is growing and building each yr. Weight room has been big and like ol Roy says the boys have been working hard and getting stronger. They should be able to knock some big holes. haha Speed is not an issue we have it. Tackling will be the test this year. Some of the games last yr were won or lost by tackling issues. (the Jo byrns game comes to mind,Forrest and Trousdale Co. grrr )

Did TSSAA change the playoff system again>??(thinking some changes were made.) I know there were lots of mad coaches at the end of last yr.

Im still not ready to rank em. Need to watch a few scrimmages and practices then maybe a Jamboree.

GO PATRIOTS.

Good response so far....some of you might already know

I am a supporter of WHHeritage hince the NEWBLUE tag.....we are the New blue of White House. Course the old blue is that other white house team the Blue Devils. We now have the Best School in Robertson Co. The brand new 30 million dollar White House Heritage is opening this Fall. Its just about a mile north of I65 on Hwy 76. We are all very proud of it. I expect the population of students will increase over the next few years. I wonder how long we will stay in A/ AA. The football stadium/field is not ready yet and we will be playing all the home football games at the same place, the park. Still sharing it with the Blue Devils. That is why we have like 3 Thursday night games.

White House-Heritage was mostly a young team last year.Some talent was lost to the Senior class but Quaterback, running back and receivers, all got vast experience last yr as Soph and Jrs . WHH made it to the 2nd round of playoffs for the first time and got put out by the eventual State Champion Trousdale Co. So this should be a good year,and spirits are high after a great season.

WHH is growing and building each yr. Weight room has been big and like ol Roy says the boys have been working hard and getting stronger. They should be able to knock some big holes. haha Speed is not an issue we have it. Tackling will be the test this year. Some of the games last yr were won or lost by tackling issues. (the Jo byrns game comes to mind,Forrest and Trousdale Co. grrr )

Did TSSAA change the playoff system again>??(thinking some changes were made.) I know there were lots of mad coaches at the end of last yr.

Im still not ready to rank em. Need to watch a few scrimmages and practices then maybe a Jamboree.

GO PATRIOTS.

The only change they made to the playoffs is how teams qualify for the playoffs. Only the top two teams (regardless of class) in the district get an automatic bid. All the remaining teams get lumped together in their respective class and then you qualify for the playoffs using the same old tiebreakers (most wins, most wins over teams with .500 record, etc.). That's the cliff notes version...

I dont see why Jo Byrns doesnt go 10-0...Anything less would be underachieving in my mind. They will be the most disciplined team in the district(as always)and will also be the most talented team this year...

East has to replace two players Woodard and Cope. They replaced one of them. Defense is coming back along with their line so they should be ok.

My beef with putting Heritage in the top 3 is their line. Everyone who knows football knows that the big boys win and lose the games period. I know they have skill players coming back. Im jus worried about them getting pushed around up front. If they can hold their own up there they should be ok. but i have my doubts..

I dont see why Jo Byrns doesnt go 10-0...Anything less would be underachieving in my mind. They will be the most disciplined team in the district(as always)and will also be the most talented team this year...

East has to replace two players Woodard and Cope. They replaced one of them. Defense is coming back along with their line so they should be ok.

My beef with putting Heritage in the top 3 is their line. Everyone who knows football knows that the big boys win and lose the games period. I know they have skill players coming back. Im jus worried about them getting pushed around up front. If they can hold their own up there they should be ok. but i have my doubts..

East has to replace more than just two players don't they? What about Moody, I was thinking they lost their QB, top two WR's, top RB, and a few linemen. Most of those guys played defense as well. I still think ER will have plenty of talent and do well this year but I remember them losing several key players.