DISTRICT 10---OUTLOOK 2010

NeWbLuE

Congratulations to NCS Coach Jeff Brothers & the entire team for a big win over Zion tonight. Any word on Knobloch's injury on the last play of the game?

Thomas Knobloch is a really good all around athlete! Click here for Mid State STAT LEADERS

I had to give Thomas some pub here on this string as many of you already know he is currently the leading receiver in the Mid State across all classes with more yards and receptions than anyone else after 4 games this year. He also consistently kicks into to the end zone limiting any returns, averages close 40 yards on his punts, while also being their primary kick off and punt returner. He can hit field goals from 35 to 40 yards 7 out of 10 times. As well as being a solid defensive safety.

NCS is a very small with only around 180 total students in the entire high school so like many of their players Thomas plays both ways and many times never leaves the field.

Edited by youthsportsPIX

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's week 4 and the cream is rising to the top. The surprises so far...

1. ER mailing it in! What a shame; not much more to say.

2. NCS with a 3-1 record.

Based on team performances to date, I'd have to say the standings should end like this:

1. Jo Byrns

2. WHH

3. NCS

4. CA

5. McEwen

6. Houston Co.

7. ER

2 & 3 could swap...if NCS beats WHH on 9/30 it could set up a huge game in week 10 when NCS visits JB. It's quite possible NCS would come into that game 8-1 with a chance to win the District. Could you imagine? I still think WHH wins and makes the playoffs but it looks like we'll have 3 teams make the playoffs (maybe 4 if CA puts it together)

4&5 could swap as well but I believe CA is better.

6&7 could also swap if the ER freshmen can come together...yes freshmen.

Well it's week 4 and the cream is rising to the top. The surprises so far...

1. ER mailing it in! What a shame; not much more to say.

2. NCS with a 3-1 record.

Based on team performances to date, I'd have to say the standings should end like this:

1. Jo Byrns

2. WHH

3. NCS

4. CA

5. McEwen

6. Houston Co.

7. ER

2 & 3 could swap...if NCS beats WHH on 9/30 it could set up a huge game in week 10 when NCS visits JB. It's quite possible NCS would come into that game 8-1 with a chance to win the District. Could you imagine? I still think WHH wins and makes the playoffs but it looks like we'll have 3 teams make the playoffs (maybe 4 if CA puts it together)

4&5 could swap as well but I believe CA is better.

6&7 could also swap if the ER freshmen can come together...yes freshmen.

Good Report Moto, I agree with everything you have put together here. Uh.. NCS they just keep making noise huh. This week will start to tell the tale, WHHeritage plays Clarksville Aca. Away. and NCS just played CA so we should be able to start weighing the talent pool over there in Bellevue. The score of the NCS- CA was NCS winning by 10, 31-21. Lots of offense in that one. I was happy with WHHeritages win over Eagleville it was a hard fought game with Eagleville scoring a late td on a pass into the corner of the endzone as the game was winding down, making it 20-14. Heritage was clicking a lot better on both offense and Defense. Good snap back game. Now to focus on one game at a time. Did JB not play as snappy at Heath this week? ER may be down but I believe not out they will not finish last in the district I assure you. ha Hope everyone stays injury free. Football is a rough rough game, and the boys in highschool are much stronger than just 25 yrs ago. I have heard of several bad injurys around Tennessee and you always seem to see several players with casts, slings , and walking on Crutches on the sidelines. Good luck and I hope District 10 puts 4 in the playoffs this yr.

Good Report Moto, I agree with everything you have put together here. Uh.. NCS they just keep making noise huh. This week will start to tell the tale, WHHeritage plays Clarksville Aca. Away. and NCS just played CA so we should be able to start weighing the talent pool over there in Bellevue. The score of the NCS- CA was NCS winning by 10, 31-21. Lots of offense in that one. I was happy with WHHeritages win over Eagleville it was a hard fought game with Eagleville scoring a late td on a pass into the corner of the endzone as the game was winding down, making it 20-14. Heritage was clicking a lot better on both offense and Defense. Good snap back game. Now to focus on one game at a time. Did JB not play as snappy at Heath this week? ER may be down but I believe not out they will not finish last in the district I assure you. ha Hope everyone stays injury free. Football is a rough rough game, and the boys in highschool are much stronger than just 25 yrs ago. I have heard of several bad injurys around Tennessee and you always seem to see several players with casts, slings , and walking on Crutches on the sidelines. Good luck and I hope District 10 puts 4 in the playoffs this yr.

Yes, JB definitely played down to their competition against Heath. Statistically it was still a pretty impressive game but the overall feel of their performance wasn't as good.

• 2 weeks later...

JoByrns Wins and is the only team that has a chance to go undefeated for reg season in Dist 10.

NCS is only one point away from being undefeated! with only the 7_6 loss to Hillwood so far.

EAST Robertson wow is all I can say.

Clarksville Academy is very much improved and if they can put together more perfect games like last week they will be difficult for any one left on the schedule.

WHHeritage is on a roller coaster ride! UP and down UP and down. Have the making of a playoff team, but everyone has to be on the same page.

McEwen beat Houston co this week 22-6. and may be looking up to a few more wins too.I know they will be looking forward to WHH afer they saw what CA did .

Houston Co has yet to have any luck on Friday night.

Good luck to all this week.

Final standings should be...

1. JB

2. NCS

3. CA

4. WHH

5. McEwen

6. ER

7. Houston Co.

JB, NCS, & CA earn playoffs spots.

In order for the final standing to end like this ^ Nashville Christian would have to beat WHHeritage next Thursday night, and win all remaining district games IF they do that then Heritage is prob out of the playoffs by finishing 4th. But we might send 4 from this district.

But if WHHeritage wins that game against NCS and wins out the rest of the district games there might be a 3 way tie for 2nd. Right? There are alot of games still left in this season to be talking about this but...that what we're here for right. Must remember that one of the 3 bottom teams could throw a monkey wrench in that plan if they sneak up on someone a win a game. It will play out to be a exciting season if WHH beats NCS. I still can not believe NCS won that game against CA. There are alot of other scenarios that could play out. wow. :popcorneater: Its gonna be fun.

In order for the final standing to end like this ^ Nashville Christian would have to beat WHHeritage next Thursday night, and win all remaining district games IF they do that then Heritage is prob out of the playoffs by finishing 4th. But we might send 4 from this district.

But if WHHeritage wins that game against NCS and wins out the rest of the district games there might be a 3 way tie for 2nd. Right? There are alot of games still left in this season to be talking about this but...that what we're here for right. Must remember that one of the 3 bottom teams could throw a monkey wrench in that plan if they sneak up on someone a win a game. It will play out to be a exciting season if WHH beats NCS. I still can not believe NCS won that game against CA. There are alot of other scenarios that could play out. wow. :popcorneater: Its gonna be fun.

Yeah I'm assuming NCS will beat you guys since you got blown out by CA and NCS beat CA. If WHH beats NCS then more than likely there'd be a 3-way tie but then you apply the tiebreaker scenarios. Like you said, there's still a lot of football to play...