Whitehaven vs. MUS scrimmage 7/30/10

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny.it was a nice scrimmage! Great crowd!! The little scat back for Mus (#3) is a player. I thought that mus got the best of whitehaven in this one. but, I think that both teams learned alot about themselves tonight. They are both better off.

Go Trojans!

Danny.it was a nice scrimmage! Great crowd!! The little scat back for Mus (#3) is a player. I thought that mus got the best of whitehaven in this one. but, I think that both teams learned alot about themselves tonight. They are both better off.

Go Trojans!

Yea they have a good system and some great coaches. We got some work to do but I think we will be able to compete this year.

Yea they have a good system and some great coaches. We got some work to do but I think we will be able to compete this year.

There is not doubt that you guys will compete this year. You have some Massive OT's. #66 looked young but he is going to be a monster one day.

Go Trojans!

Edited by Rob_M

Watched a few scrimmages this weekend, Both of the Southwind scrimmages, Saw Whitehaven and MUS briefly, and Hillcrest/Kingsbury.

Southwind "beat" Fairley, but White Station "beat" Southwind by a score of 9-0(Safety and TD), Both the Defenses looked killer, but I do think White Station secondary may be a weakness this year. Coach Rutherford loves to blitz so they should be alright against most teams. After the first drive White Station didn't do much, as Antonio Cheatam started getting hit a little bit harder and harder, and the Sophmore QB Jerry Thompson looked good running the read option, but his arm leaves something to be desired. As for Southwind they have alot of young, and new faces, but their defense looked good, Deadrick Jones and Chaz Powell made some nice plays in the secondaries. They have a kid from FLorida playing LB, man he's a missle. Their Offense struggled until the last drive.

The Hillcrest/Kingsbury game was somewhat sloppy, and I was surprised that Hillcrest basically ran away with the scrimmage, but it is just a scrimmage.

In other words I think Whitehaven's success will be determined by the coaching staff, White Station probably WON'T repeat as State Champs, this is Whitehaven's year in 6A honestly. I think Hillcrest and Kingsbury may be a little better than people think, and I'm positive Southwind will win more than 2 games this year.

Any word on other scrimmages coming up?

Good matchup. Millington's secondary will be tested. Tre Taylor is a good QB, and Terrel Lee is a good WR.

Ridgeway vs. MUS this friday. Southwind vs. Christian Brothers too on Saturday.

The annual preseason scrimmage between Millington and Houston is always a good one. Both teams get after it hard and the coaches get an early read and what they are doing well and what they aren't

Go Trojans!