Jefferson County

helment

Irish I will be fair...Yes Goins should have run for the first down.Period.However it wasnt "thrown over the head of the receiver,into the endzone " It was(in fact) finger tipped by a Central DB .It would have gone for a TD if not for that excellent DB play.Let's not also forget that Goins scored the ONLY 1st team TD that day!!RED81KPsmash..There is alot of Hype on both those guys that were in the front! Let's hope they both do well and get their teams and communities support.

Yes yes he did go for that defensive touchdown. I wasn't sure how that happened, i missed everything that happened in that play except Goins running down the field all alone. And I did not see the finger tip- I was pretty high up in the stands. I just thought it floated over the wide receiver, but chances are I was mistaken. Do you agree with anything else?

Awesome scrimmages last night though. 28 points is a quarter no matter who it is against.

Edited by Irish423

Yes yes he did go for that defensive touchdown. I wasn't sure how that happened, i missed everything that happened in that play except Goins running down the field all alone. And I did not see the finger tip- I was pretty high up in the stands. I just thought it floated over the wide receiver, but chances are I was mistaken. Do you agree with anything else?

Awesome scrimmages last night though. 28 points is a quarter no matter who it is against.

I agree with everything.penalties and turnovers can and usually are Killers.The Line has and will work hard!,I know they are hungry and I know they are going to come out with fire and attitude.DK looks great.A new QB and a new system will have a few bumps in the road.Bible has done a good job thru the summer and had a great quarter at the Jamboree against Cherokee.I do like that we are about 3 deep at QB as Goins and Red can both get it done if an injury occurs.As far as screens, I really liked the play of Evan Mcfall(jr) at corner and I thought Smiley(jr) will also contribute alot.Man that defence should really turn some heads!!I am very excited about our chances this year.I also think we are deep at most positions(which I'm sure most teams can't say).I think the coaches and players have done the work to prepare us for this season.On The O side ,we have alot of playmakers (a shifty scat back),(a bruising fullback)several recievers that can "catch and go"and TE's that want the ball too!.We will have to play as a TEAM.We have to exploit mismatches!!GOOD LUCK to the PATRIOTS!!! I will have the cowbell ready!!

"out worked anyone in East TN"? I'm glad to see Coach Anderson has inspired serious committment in his players, but you don't seriously think all the rest of the teams in east TN just get up one afternoon in late July and decide they better get ready for football do you?

Ha, of course I don't think that the rest of East Tennessee teams slack while Jefferson County is the only team that works hard. All teams work hard, no doubt. What I meant is, is that Jefferson County has worked hard, very hard and I'm not sure many other teams have outworked them. I think you misunderstood what I said.

Go Pats

Way to go PATRIOTS looked very good defense looked better than last year. Offense improved a 100% offensive line needs a little more improvement on the o line. Bible had a good game lets hope he stays healthy so much talent on this team keep going to 10 and 24 both have speed and can out run the other teams esp. with the help with the good blocking. Good luck on keep on winning and playing team ball just think if we had Mason how he could help the team.

Ha, of course I don't think that the rest of East Tennessee teams slack while Jefferson County is the only team that works hard. All teams work hard, no doubt. What I meant is, is that Jefferson County has worked hard, very hard and I'm not sure many other teams have outworked them. I think you misunderstood what I said.

Go Pats

"The Jeff Co football team has probably out worked anyone in East TN" I believe I correctly understood what you said. Guess I didn't understand what you meant. Thanks for the clarification. Either way should be a great matchup between 2 well-prepared teams come Friday. Go Greene!

• Upvote 1

"The Jeff Co football team has probably out worked anyone in East TN" I believe I correctly understood what you said. Guess I didn't understand what you meant. Thanks for the clarification. Either way should be a great matchup between 2 well-prepared teams come Friday. Go Greene!

You are 100% correct barb. It should be a great match-up between two well prepared teams this Friday night in DV.

Both teams have tremendous speed on the D lines and both teams swarm to the ball. I would look for some misdirection plays from both teams to slow down the rush as much as possible. I can see this game being close or a blowout. It mainly depends on if the teams can keep a hold of the football. I expect some major “Smackdown†type hits being delivered by the defenses as the speed of the linemen/linebackers comes home in hit after hit as the game wears on.

IF Greeneville can keep a sustained pass rush and make sure tackles, force turnovers, they win. IF Jefferson County can hold onto the football, get receivers in space and give Bible time to make accurate throws, Jefferson County wins.

My prediction: I will give that on Thursday.

Peace

PS: Bring a Cowbell. Many of the players have told me they like it. Especially when Jefferson County is on Defense.

If you do not like Cowbells, bring ear plugs. You will need them.

Jeff Co. is going to have a tough year the coaches have no clue how to coach high school football.To much talent on one team and they have no idea how to use the boys to win a game mostly on offense. I hope they prove me wrong but i doubt it.

just cant understand why you think like that. Anderson came in 2007, brought us to the playoffs and had wins over morristown west, morristown east, and sevier county. In 2008, we had a lot of hype but were were plagued by injuries and any year where your 1 and 2 team qb's get injured you're going to have a tough year. In 2009, we were very young, breaking in a new qb, and a new defense, yet we still defeated morristown east and finished in the district 5-2. This year, there is no excuse, the patriots will win the district, I believe, and will make a run in the playoffs. I hope you come out friday and get behind this team. Go Pats

by me sayin the jeff co football team has outworked anyone in east tennessee, doesn't mean I don't think every other team doesn't work hard. Yes, there are teams who work harder, I was just trying to get the point across of how much this team has put their time in this football program. thats why I think you misunderstood what I meant. Anyway it doesn't matter, Go Pats only three days away

I posted this on the Greeneville/JeffCo Prediction Thread also:

As 10,000 + fans arrive and the Cowbells will be ringing for the Biggest Game in JeffCo Football History since 1987. The JeffCo Patriots ride out the early onslaught by the Greeneville D as Bible gets the ball to 10 and 24 in space, 33 and 44 pound the rock and make a game of it. The coaches rotate in the senior heavy D line and Linebacker corps to keep them fresh for the 3rd and 4th quarter in the heat and noise of Dumplin Vally.

There will be a TON of points scored as the offensive weapons on both sides take over and crank out the TD's, but Special Teams will be the difference as someone will force a turnover or block a punt to get a quick score.

Both Teams have great speed and talent and heart. But it will come down to senior leadership as JeffCo's Battle Worn Seniors Gut It Out.

My Prediction: Greeneville 33 Jefferson County 37

Peace

Also, Fans: Bring a Cowbell or a noise maker of some kind. If you do not have a Cowbell, find me, I have 2 dozen extra you can barrow for the night of the game. It annoys the dickens out of the opposing offenses. We can be the twelfth man with the right kind of crowd noise. (NOT CUSSING AT THE COACHES OR PLAYERS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THE PLAY CALL) Thank You!!!

Go Pats!!!

I hope you are correct. We will take a win of any kind. I think if we put 37 on them, we win in a blowout!!! The croud will be felt in Knoxville if we put 37 on them. You are correct. this could be one of the biggest wins in school history. JC is starving and looking for a team to get behind. Many will come off the couches if we pull this one out. Great things could start from this win. Go pats. Ring the bells loud!!

I hope you are correct. We will take a win of any kind. I think if we put 37 on them, we win in a blowout!!! The croud will be felt in Knoxville if we put 37 on them. You are correct. this could be one of the biggest wins in school history. JC is starving and looking for a team to get behind. Many will come off the couches if we pull this one out. Great things could start from this win. Go pats. Ring the bells loud!!

Not a big student of Patriot football history I take it?