Union City vs. Wayne County Scrimmage

UCHSgirl

What does fans attacked mean to you? I believe that's what you stated.Please read the statement from the fan who was neither a UC or WC fan.Watch those guarantees. :popcorneater:

Getting punched in the face and called a denoting racial slur? If that's not attacking, I don't know what is. It was witnessed by several coaches. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

What does fans attacked mean to you? I believe that's what you stated.Please read the statement from the fan who was neither a UC or WC fan.Watch those guarantees. :popcorneater:

so just because wc didnt lay down from all the cheap shots and late hits its all their fault. thats not the way it works. you can blame wc all you want but the fact is uc was getting pushed around and couldnt take it.uc was the ones playing dirty, wc was only standing up for each other. playing dirty is not gonna make uc as good as last year, thought yall was much classier than that. wc was the first to congratulate yall last year and would like to wish you the best this year, so let it go and worry about football.

Cat fight at the wildcats den? Who would of thought?

The cat's out for blood? UC did knock them out of the playoff's. duh?

The scrimage was not scheduled to be filmed by either teams!

Im sure that someone did film the game and the video will surface.

A lot of parents film their kids (palm cam, cellphone, video-cam) and im sure

someone has evidence of what happened.......post it on youtube and leave the url in this thread.

I was not at the den, asthma has me knocked out. Trash talking is bad sportsmanship, all...............?

There seems to be some real confusion about what did and did not happen, as well as some interesting linguistic squabbling concerning "fans" vs. "a single fan." First, NO FANS or FAN physically touched any player. One individual did go into the endzone yelling during the first fight; however she did not get within fifteen yards of the brawl and didn't touch any player from either team. Furthermore two policemen (a deputy and state trooper) witnessed both outbreaks of fighting and did nothing.

Now, they did nothing because it really wasn't that serious. The PLAYERS did get into two separate fights. Neither one was particularly brutal. Don't get me wrong, they were certainly fights complete with tackles and punches, but nothing along the lines of FIU vs Miami or Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State from years past in college football. The first incident lasted for something around a minute, while the second one was much shorter. The coaches successfully broke up both fights. The scrimmage did continue after the first incident, and was set to continue after the second one.

I hate the scrimmage ended the way it did, because I watched a scrimmage involving Bolivar a few years back that was much the same. However, it was handled differently. In that scrimmage, there was a long break after the fight followed by both teams shaking hands. If this scrimmage had been handled very well at all, I really doubt that it would have ended the way it did.

Wayne County and Union City are both primed for good years. I hope both teams can settle down, and that the coaches RUN off some of that extracurricular aggression. (I noticed that Wayne County did start running suicides as I was leaving the field - I assume that it was the beginning of some sort of punishment). Good luck to both teams, but please learn some discipline. I would hate to read about ejections later in the season for either team.

Edited by 1RT

Suspensions made by the TSSAA for either team as a result of this mess would be ridiculous. That should be up to the coaches. As for the name calling or racial slurring or whatever you want to call it, seriously? I was called all kinds of things when I played. A-hole, s.o.b., cracker, you name it. Toughen up and knock 'em the next play (BEFORE THE WHISTLE). Or just simply say, "Scorrrrreboarrrrrd!"

How long did they actually scrimmage before it all hit the fan ??....I take it UC didn't score ??...I saw where WC did score at least one TD...

uc stalled twice inside wc redzone but also had 2 interceptions but didnt stop drive because they both get 10 plays for sure

What a way to start the season...what a bunch of crap!!! I'm disappointed!

I was very disappointed myself and I saw most of all of it. Both teams were at fault from what I saw. I noticed several late hits by the UC team on WC players and then I noticed several punches being thrown at times by both teams. I could not tell what was being said between the players. As far as the WC crowd jumping in, there were a few men that went out there trying to help the officals & coaches breakup the brawl. I did not see any adults throwing punches or anything like that. I had some adults near the first fight say that UC's coach made some remarks to one of the officials about a call where UC's DB tackled a WC WR during a play and the coach was using some bad language. I was also told that a State Trooper standing at the gate when UC left the field had to warn the UC coaches about the language that was coming from UC's players toward several women & men near the gate.

Both teams are going to have to learn that they can't punch or cheapshot other teams down the road or a lot of these players are going to miss out on some playing time.

A state trooper warning the coach for his players cussing the Wayne Co. people? What else did you expect...them to walk out in total silence. I'm sure the WC fans were saying nothing to stir it up either, huh?

After going to Waynesboro last year for the UC/WC playoff game and as a neutral observer, I saw WC lay several late hits in that game with no penalties being called. I'm sure the UC players didn't forget that either. Also, I remember that one of the WC posters got on here after that game talking all kinds of crap and saying UC wasn't no good and degrading the players etc... I'm starting to see a trend coming out of Wayne Co. I'm not saying UC isn't at fault for all of this, but the big dog can only take so much before he bites back and that may have been what happened.

A state trooper warning the coach for his players cussing the Wayne Co. people? What else did you expect...them to walk out in total silence. I'm sure the WC fans were saying nothing to stir it up either, huh?

After going to Waynesboro last year for the UC/WC playoff game and as a neutral observer, I saw WC lay several late hits in that game with no penalties being called. I'm sure the UC players didn't forget that either. Also, I remember that one of the WC posters got on here after that game talking all kinds of crap and saying UC wasn't no good and degrading the players etc... I'm starting to see a trend coming out of Wayne Co. I'm not saying UC isn't at fault for all of this, but the big dog can only take so much before he bites back and that may have been what happened.

It's hard for me to imagine a UC team conducting themselves in that matter. Some time tempers do flame that's part of the game! Even back in my day UC always showed great sportmanship and represented the city of UC well! That was back in the old big ten days. This is only imo have no dog in this fight i wasn't there. But UC has always showed good sportmanship! :|

According to most of UC fans on here your players don't cuss or fight. I guess that I was shocked to hear that they did have to be warned. Actually, the WC fans near the gate was mostly some mothers & grandparents and it was only a small group of people that had not even been around the excitement.

Shoot..... I'm glad we finally have something good to read about on here... :thumb:

BTW.... Kids are going to be kids... I do not approve of fighting or throwing a punch at someone but again they are 15-16-17 year old kids... It has happened to every team & it will continue to happen...

[

Edited by wholder