Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut

BatmanDB

Coaching has not held us back but experience has. Of course I don't agree with everything our coaches do but thats football. We had several kids with no varsity experience playing last year and that hurts. I dont know if your talking about Devon Swafford or Derick Steele but I will address both in my views. Devon Swafford was not ready for varsity play and thats just a fact. He did great on JV and thats were he needed to be to playing to get better. I don't feel he would have helped us much anyways with our O-line being down. Derick Steele can not catch a ball that can never reach him I dont care how fast he is. I know I will catch some heat for this but some of our starting players last year hurt us and should have never been on the field. Anything you say about a football team can be pointed at coaching so I will go ahead and say No thats not what I'm pointing at! The biggest thing that held us back last year in my opinion is inexperience (we should have went deeper in the line the year before but we didnt maybe because they were 10-0 and wasnt needed).

Also we had some players that should not have been out there and they killed us every game.

I meant Derick Steele

Waco your slipping, your fellow tribe fan and I were talking about speed in the backfield not team speed. Please take the time to read the post before responding. Are you saying CS shouldn't start, Swafford maybe?

I really don't care what your talking about. Im talking about team speed. We have it this year and didn't last year. I don't know how long you've been smoking crack but you should lay the pipe down. I don't know how you get that what I said means CS shouldn't start. I've gotta' check the point totals, I think you just took over 1st place in the running for "Mo-Ron of the year"

I meant Derick Steele

We had some team speed last year but it was nothing like we have this year. Last year the speed could not be utilized efficienty. We had CS which is a power runner but he had the box stacked everyplay and our O-line was down. We had Sean and Derick but we could not utilize them if we can not get them the ball. Our passing game was not a strong point along with the other issues. Devon was not ready for varsity and he grew leaving him right were he was. We have several Juniors that have stepped up big this year. We have all the speed of last year combines with alot more speed this year. The big difference is I believe we will be able to execute all over the field, ground or air. We have pretty much stepped our game up all over the field. Waco, if you want you can school me now :thumb: .

We had some team speed last year but it was nothing like we have this year. Last year the speed could not be utilized efficienty. We had CS which is a power runner but he had the box stacked everyplay and our O-line was down. We had Sean and Derick but we could not utilize them if we can not get them the ball. Our passing game was not a strong point along with the other issues. Devon was not ready for varsity and he grew leaving him right were he was. We have several Juniors that have stepped up big this year. We have all the speed of last year combines with alot more speed this year. The big difference is I believe we will be able to execute all over the field, ground or air. We have pretty much stepped our game up all over the field. Waco, if you want you can school me now :thumb: .

Your doing very well on your own. It's tosssalad that needs to go to school.

Your doing very well on your own. It's tosssalad that needs to go to school.

I'm glad the boards have lite up LOL. Waco, you asked for the people to come alive and boy have they :shock: . I want to talk football. Different views are good with me even if I disagree. Thats why we are here to agree, disagree and support our teams. Now, Lets get it on :twisted: .

Edited by FootballMania

I would guess I went to more DB games than you did last year. You remind me of one of those fans that hide in the closet and post but have never seen a football field. You get my meaning?

You have no meaning. Your coming unglued. The more you post the more you tell on yourself. A disgruntled x-DB dad or player who didn't get on the field. You know Kingsport, DB, and DB players to well. Tighten up your loffers cause im going to lay a pancake block on you soon. Mo-Ron

I tell you guys about the difference on the offensive line from last year to this year after saying depth is a concern as it has been for a while.We have three of last years starters back and lost an all state center {Hanson}who is going to play college ball and a guard that was offered a scholarship and was very strong{Fuller}.Both were 260 plus pound players.Both were allso hurt or played hurt at some tough times.Depth was our biggest problem last year and I hope it is deeper this year,but we did have some good lineman as we do this year.

I am constantly amazed(but shouldn't be) at how quickly a thread with a reasonable premise deteriorates into a pissing and shouting match between supposed mature adults. All signs point to a much improved Tribe with greater team speed and depth. It's had to get a handle on the relative talent of any team in the preseason and limited number of scrimmages prior to Week 0. Looking forward to an exciting season of Indian football and a great game between two exceptional secondary schools when the Admirals travel up I81 to meet our Indians in our Teepee...Good Luck Farragut!!! Roll Tribe Roll!!!!! Roll Tribe Roll!!!!! 10-0 has to begin with 1-0.

Edited by LGVol

I am constantly amazed(but shouldn't be) at how quickly a thread with a reasonable premise deteriorates into a pissing and shouting match between supposed mature adults. All signs point to a much improved Tribe with greater team speed and depth. It's had to get a handle on the relative talent of any team in the preseason and limited number of scrimmages prior to Week 0. Looking forward to an exciting season of Indian football and a great game between two exceptional secondary schools when the Admirals travel up I81 to meet our Indians in our Teepee...Good Luck Farragut!!! Roll Tribe Roll!!!!! Roll Tribe Roll!!!!! 10-0 has to begin with 1-0.

I know man. I can't believe how inmature some adults can be. This is a very good post for a 1st timer :)

I am confused about one thing though. If your a DB fan, why would you wish Farragut good luck? I mean, I hope they fumble on every play. Thats what I would like to see. No offense Farragut fans.