Greeneville @ Jeff. County

waltersstate

I think the Devils will come out with a W! From what I've heard it might be a long year for Jeff County...

Last I checked, returning 18 starters doesn't usually spell a tough year for a talented football team. We are much improved from last season with a new offense that fits our personnel better. Last year was our first season running the 3-5-3 defense, so our defensive unit is much more familiar with how to effectively run this defense than they were this time last year. I'm not saying that the Devils aren't an excellent team and a legit state title contender. Because they are. But don't count JC out. They're a much better team than most people expect. It's very possible that Jeff Co comes out with a big win.

I think the Devils will come out with a W! From what I've heard it might be a long year for Jeff County...

Last I checked, returning 18 starters doesn't usually spell a tough year for a talented football team. We are much improved from last season with a new offense that fits our personnel better. Last year was our first season running the 3-5-3 defense, so our defensive unit is much more familiar with how to effectively run this defense than they were this time last year. I'm not saying that the Devils aren't an excellent team and a legit state title contender. Because they are. But don't count JC out. They're a much better team than most people expect. It's very possible that Jeff Co comes out with a big win.

Returning 18 starters for a team that ended last season 5-5 it sure as heck can spell a tough year

Unfortunatly, I think this game will be much closer than what many greeneville fans may think. Returning that many starters counts for alot, and if the devils don't contain jeff countys speedy qb like theyve struggled with in scrimages, it could be a very very long night. None-the-less, Devils win 31-21 by outlasting the patriots late in the game and by running the ball into the heart of the defense :mrgreen:

how did jeff do in scrimmages

Returning 18 starters for a team that ended last season 5-5 it sure as heck can spell a tough year

Im pretty sure that returning any starters is always a relief for any coach. Last year, Jeff Co did go 5-5, but finished on a 5-1 run; including wins against playoff teams Mo East and Seymour. Lost a defensive struggle to Morristown West 10-3, and blew a 28-0 lead to William Blount. So that 5-5 season could just have easily been 7-3, correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that Greeneville's record last year? But hey, Im not gonna sit here and say what if about last season, yes we did go 5-5 last year. However, we were a very young team, and now were a veteran team. Jefferson County vs Greeneville is going to be a great game, I can't wait. Btw Jefferson County plays against Cherokee Friday August 13 @ Morristown East stadium. Only gonna play a quarter but Jeff Co will give everyone a preview of whats to be in 2010. Go pats

Im pretty sure that returning any starters is always a relief for any coach. Last year, Jeff Co did go 5-5, but finished on a 5-1 run; including wins against playoff teams Mo East and Seymour. Lost a defensive struggle to Morristown West 10-3, and blew a 28-0 lead to William Blount. So that 5-5 season could just have easily been 7-3, correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt that Greeneville's record last year? But hey, Im not gonna sit here and say what if about last season, yes we did go 5-5 last year. However, we were a very young team, and now were a veteran team. Jefferson County vs Greeneville is going to be a great game, I can't wait. Btw Jefferson County plays against Cherokee Friday August 13 @ Morristown East stadium. Only gonna play a quarter but Jeff Co will give everyone a preview of whats to be in 2010. Go pats

Yes Greeneville was 7-3...lost a heartbreaker to ranked Sullivan South on a 4th quarter TO, held a very talented ranked Betsy to just 10 pts but w/o Spradlin, couldn't get the offense going....got taken to the woodshed by #1 ranked TH.

Devils could have easily been 9-1 against better competition...and your point?

Shld be an exciting game but Greeneville shld come out on top in the end. Spradlin will hit ya and wear ya down all night long but dont forget about the qb. he can bomb them 60 yards or run it 60 yards. Defense will be ready and will keep ya guessin all night long. in the end devils come out on top like the #1 team in 4A shld...28-7 possibly more by greeneville...

Net Top 10

http://www.tricitiessports.com/clients/tricitiessports/speedy-indians-look-to-race-to-top-spot-in-tricitiessportscom-net-rankings-p44629-199.htm