Brentwood Blastoff - Sat., Aug. 14

PageMan

This scrimmage day will have 28 teams where the Varsity will play 55 min. followed by the JV teams.

Here are the teams:

Brentwood, Riverdale, Siegel, Greenbrier, Franklin, Centennial, Blackman, Ensworth, Page, Ooltewah, Independence, Cookeville, Wilson Central, Father Ryan, Ravenwood, Harpeth Hall, Hillsboro, CPA, DCA, Bartlett, BGA, Rossview, Lipscomb, Brentwood Academy, Goodpasture, Hume-Fogg, Nashville Christian, and Smyrna

There will be 12 courts and the matches begin at 8 AM and will end at 8 PM.

Admission is $6 and T-Shirts are $18. No outside food or drinks allowed.

I will have a brief report on Sunday.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have never been to this tourney, it is the best pre-season event in TN!

Several of the Greenbrier posters are predicting great things from 1 of the state top programs. I am curious as to how they do Sat. I am sure 5 sport dad and Stubulldog will give detailed and insightful analysis.

If you have never been to this tourney, it is the best pre-season event in TN!

Several of the Greenbrier posters are predicting great things from 1 of the state top programs. I am curious as to how they do Sat. I am sure 5 sport dad and Stubulldog will give detailed and insightful analysis.

:roflol::roflol:

This scrimmage day will have 28 teams where the Varsity will play 55 min. followed by the JV teams.

Here are the teams:

Brentwood, Riverdale, Siegel, Greenbrier, Franklin, Centennial, Blackman, Ensworth, Page, Ooltewah, Independence, Cookeville, Wilson Central, Father Ryan, Ravenwood, Harpeth Hall, Hillsboro, CPA, DCA, Bartlett, BGA, Rossview, Lipscomb, Brentwood Academy, Goodpasture, Hume-Fogg, Nashville Christian, and Smyrna

There will be 12 courts and the matches begin at 8 AM and will end at 8 PM.

Admission is $6 and T-Shirts are $18. No outside food or drinks allowed.

I will have a brief report on Sunday.

PM, no wonder my eyes are getting glazed over, its the second week in August and the only schools I havn't seen so far are Centennial, Hillwboro, bartlett, rossview, brentwood Academy, Hume Fogg and Nashville Christian. For you that are fans, likely Pageman has seen more. Least you think there is a good idea who is the best, everyone has had at least2-3 players out and sometimes the rotations look like tic-tac-toe as coaches search to find the best chemistry in a lot of good players. Chemistry? Yes, Chemistry. Two players good, one fits in better? I have named the coaches of Schools on other tournaments held so far and I am only going to rename the ones I see that I have not seen. I hope Coaches names can still be found on the first go arounds and if i see they are missing, I will post again.

While I haven't had the fortitude to do this before and taking my life in my hands, I am going to try to start mentioning some of the OUTSTANDING PLAYERS on recaps. Will I get help in doing this?? Likely in the stands asking fans who some of the players are and their opinion. Will this take some time? yep. Will I be able to get all of them and go to the Largest MIDDLE SCHOOL PRESEASON TOURNAMENT in the state at Cumberland University in Lebanon Tennessee on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? I hope so. Can I help PMAN along with the rest of you? Yep. Can he get all of these scores? Are you kidding, only a superhuman, healthy person can do this? If he attempts to do the best he can he will need tremendous help. His main responsibility is PAGE HIGH SCHOOL and the rest of us will nfill in the best we can and we hope someone will make it easy for us.

Twelve courts he said, Whew. Turn over once an hour. Twelve hours. 144 matches, varsity and JV format. Only would someone who loves Volleyball and the parents and players who play it. attempt and I did say attempt, to do it. Anyone reading this post and wishes to be a part of their schools participation in this event by just writing down the scores of their matches(YOU are going to be there, maybe just put down who won?????????) and give the sheet to someone designated to take the scores, it would be of help. PHargis, does that mean 28 people???? If I add it up right, YOU'RE RIGHT. Did I hear someone say that "What if I forget to turn it in?" Go home and the next day get on CoachT.com and post the scores on the message board for this Playday. We will find a way to accumulate them. Embarassed to say you will,umm, never done it. If nothing else,and everything will be chaotic, look in on Sunday to see what happened. pageman has already said his report will be brief. Short and to the point. Hopefully my report, if I get the info, will be more inclusive. Depends on the time and how you help me. And for the rest of you throughout the State, 28 diversified schools playing to near collapse at the Bash. Only one like it so far this year. Barbara Campbell would only attempt to do this with the quality of play. Do you think College and University Coaches will come to see this event? I would say yes, there will be some there. Why not, they haven't even started their season. There will not be another weekend that will have as many Schools and Players playing volleyball. Come See 28 Schools playing at Cool Springs and some 35 Middle Schools playing at Cumberland University in Lebanon. Come, get in out of the heat, and understand this is Volleyball, no heat stroke a time to watch some of the best in the State. If what is posted is true, this is the Sport that has all coaches who coach, sensitive about their players and will not allow practices to be held in high temp areas.Evidently there are some messed up minds to allow players to play in high temps against the rules. Someone turn them in. Not another day!!!!!

Edited by PHargis

1. Brentwood 8. Ensworth 15. Ravenwood 22. Rossview

2. Riverdale 9. Page 16. Harpeth Hall 23. Lipscomb

3. Siegel 10. Ooltewah 17. Hillsboro 24. Brentwood Academy

4. Greenbrier 11. Independence 18. CPA 25. Goodpasture

5. Franklin 12. Cookeville 19. DCA 26. Hume Fogg

6. Centennial 13. Wilson Central 20. Bartlett 27. Nashville Christian

7. Blackman 14. Father Ryan 21. BGA 28. Smyrna

Saturday

Time/Ct 1A 1B 2A 2B 3A 3B 4A 4B 5A 5B 6A 6B

8:00-8:55 ---- ---- 3-7 17-19 5-9 11-12 13-16 14-15 23-24 25-26 20-21 27-28

9:00-9:55 ---- ---- JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV

10:00-10:55 1-10 2-7 24-26 3-8 12-15 5-6 11-13 14-16 4-9 18-20 23-25 21-22

11:00-11:55 JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV

12:00-12:55 1-9 25-28 2-6 12-13 4-10 15-16 5-8 11-14 20-22 17-18 19-21 23-27

1:00-1:55 JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV

2:00-2:55 1-8 24-27 19-22 2-9 3-6 4-7 18-21 5-10 12-14 13-15 17-20 26-28

3:00-3:55 JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV

4:00-4:55 1-7 23-26 18-22 17-21 2-8 3-10 4-6 19-20 11-15 12-16 25-27 24-28

5:00-5:55 JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV

6:00-6:55 1-6 18-19 23-28 24-25 26-27 2-10 3-9 4-8 5-7 11-16 13-14 17-22

7:00-7:55 JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV JV

Stay ON TOPIC -- I have deleted ALL posts not pertaining to tomorrow's Brentwood Blast-Off.

Good luck to all the teams -- stay safe and play fair :)

That doesn't correct the misunderstanding with the other poster but she read my post so it may. P4k, without saying anything else, this situation went on too long. Your action here, IMO, is appropriate.

Announcements