Dyer County vs. Dyersburg

Who we talking about. We are finally getting rid of most of Dyersburg's problem in my opinion. Ramer is retiring. He is the reason that the Counces are not still here. Maybe Ramer's replacement will take pride in what Dyersburg use to have and fix things because lets be honest my wife could have a .500 team at Haywood. I do not have anything against Bart Stowe but he was not ,is not and never will be the right guy for Dyersburg.

Counce Sr. quit when Jr went back to MBA...Now Junior has left MBA and is back with his father at Henry County..How do you blame that on Ramer?...Counce bailed on us when Jr went back to MBA..Junior wanted to coach in college and thought he could achieve that at MBA...Now he is at back at Henry County..

I agree though, It will being interesting to see who we get in after Ramer hangs it up..

And you're right..He UNDER ACHIEVED at Haywood...I always liked our odds when the other school had better athletes...A James Counce team would be there in the fourth quarter...These days, We are SUNK..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counce Sr. quit when Jr went back to MBA...Now Junior has left MBA and is back with his father at Henry County..How do you blame that on Ramer?...Counce bailed on us when Jr went back to MBA..Junior wanted to coach in college and thought he could achieve that at MBA...Now he is at back at Henry County..

I agree though, It will being interesting to see who we get in after Ramer hangs it up..

And you're right..He UNDER ACHIEVED at Haywood...I always liked our odds when the other school had better athletes...A James Counce team would be there in the fourth quarter...These days, We are SUNK..

Trust me Counce Jr left because of Ramer. If MBA was the reason he would still be there.

Trust me Counce Jr left because of Ramer. If MBA was the reason he would still be there.

You guys didn't give Bowlin a chance and now you're not giving Stowe a chance. Yea you could win games in the regular season but always choked in the playoffs. The "Legend" I think not. The legend in Mike Smith's mind. You lose a game to the Choctaws and now the sky is falling. :unsure:

You guys didn't give Bowlin a chance and now you're not giving Stowe a chance. Yea you could win games in the regular season but always choked in the playoffs. The "Legend" I think not. The legend in Mike Smith's mind. You lose a game to the Choctaws and now the sky is falling. :unsure:

Comparing Stowe to Darren Bowling is like comparing Tommy West to Don Shula...NO COMPARISON...Bowling made the WRONG CHOICE into walking into a team that people had been waiting on since they were 8th graders...Undefeated as Freshmen, Undefeated as Sophmores only to be put out in the first round, lost twice as 11th graders to Crockett County and to David Lipscomb in the playoffs..

Bowling took a bunch of slow, white boys at Obion Central and won with them...He is a GREAT PROGRAM BUILDER..but he brought Logan Parker into a "NO-WIN" Situation...He took a kid ( Rashad Taylor) who had lost 3 games in 2 seasons as starting quarterback and moved him to a back in his mid-line veer...Tyler Caldwell rushed for over 1,000 yards as a sophmore while splitting time with another back, and put up great numbers as a junior...Tyler WAS an I-Formation tailback...Every back in Bowling's offense HAS TO BLOCK for it to be successful...Tyler and Rashad never blocked, Parker ended up keeping the ball, and the crowd was constantly complaining...that might have been a case where Bowling was intrigued by all the SPEED he had and his unwillingness to change to suit his talent cost him....Tyler Caldwell was a great back but he wasn't a great back in that offense...Yet a lose to Dyer County and a Super Human effort by Ken Torrey at Memphis Mitchell put a team that most had picked to go to State since they were freshmen out in the second round..Bowling was/is a really good coach, but Bowling IMO tried to be too "BUDDY, BUDDY" with these kids...A new offensive system and a lack of discipline ruined it for Darren..He left and won a State Title at Union City..Good for him..

But The Bart Stowe hire left EVERYONE who know anything about Football scratching their heads...Don't know what happened but the MAN WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIRED was KEVIN WARD..A John W. Tucker Disciple who has worked miracles at Camden Central..Word is he was going to be the next hire and then he backed out..Don't know the specifics but we struck out on that one...Wade Comer at McKenzie was supposed to be next in line..That one went out the window..So we ended up with Bart Stowe..

Bart Stowe for all I know is a fine man..A fine Christian man who comes from a Football family. His father the late Jim Stowe is a legend in Lexington..A hard nosed ex-marine who alwasys had tough, well coached teams during his tenure...But anybody who watched Stowe at Brownsville and KNOWS football, knows he UNDER ACHIEVED badly..Sure he made a few runs in the playoffs..But we are talking about HAYWOOD COUNTY here...Athletes galore, Size and Speed are the norm, not the exception...You can't win at "BROWNSVILLE" you can't win anywhere...And if you look I do believe Stowe had a LOSING record in head to head meetings with "THE LEGEND"..which if you are going by "ATHLETE Vs. ATHLETE should have never happened...No way was Dyerburg really even supposed to be ON THE FIELD with Haywood County, yet we would be...And when you beat people you have NO BUSINESS BEATING..That's the sign of a "PROGRAM"..

Stowe walked into a loaded team last year. Several returning offensive linemen, a quarterback in Chase Brown who had game experience and a 1,000 yard rusher in Snook Taylor...The season started off well, but rumblings were everywhere..For some reason PARENTS couldn't get along with a few of the assistant coaches..( Tony Butler was one name that stood out)...Players were fighting with coaches, Coaches with Players, players with coaches and each other...and a LOADED, STATE RANKED TEAM who lost a nail biter to Crockett County folded up like cheap suitcase after that...I guess the back breaker was a loss to Obion Central at Obion Central...No offense to Coach Jackson and the Rebels, but no way Dyersburg should have ON PAPER lost that game..No way..Parents and player's arguing and bickering that night was the final nail in the coffin..The team threw in the towel and that was that.. Again the word was "EVERYBODY IS RUNNING OVER STOWE"..

This season comes along and you hear.."COACHES HAVE LEFT" going to be a great season..And yet, you see the picture that "SMITTY" posted in the State Gazette of the team winning a lineman's competition at some camp and they are all posing and flexing their muscles like they had won a State Title..."BIG RED FLAG" for me...No coach worth his salt ( again no disrespect to Bart Stowe as a man) would have allowed that picture to be taken and a team acting like that...NO DISCIPLINE...They go to Arlington and show their butts...Stowe is like Adam Renshaw..FINE, FINE Men..but who have NO DISCIPLINE...I didn't attend last night's game because I knew it would be a FIASCO..Turns out I was right...Players fighting, benches clearing, multiple penalties, why would you want to pay money to watch that?..

I am an Alumnus, A former player and I respected the heck out of James Counce..People tend to forget we had a .500 season and maybe 2 winning season from 1974 to 1994..We were everybody's homecoming opponent...Counce came in after ONE SEASON at Camden and turned this program around.. Yeah he made to state semi-final appearances, and got blown out..But when you go THAT FAR into the state..You usually run into GOOD COACHING AND GREAT PLAYERS..We had the good coaching but never had THREE SEC players on one team like Nashville Pearl-Cohn did that night in John Henderson, Reggie Ridley and Santonio Beard...That's two that went to UT-Knoxville and one to Alabama..

Counce and Counce Jr are gone..Counce Jr has left MBA and is back at Henry County...They have a lot of talent up there and although they lost one to Liberty last night..Look for them to make some noise up there..Joe Gaddis was a great coach with two state titles under his belt..From Tullahoma and Oak Ridge. So it's not like Counce isn't walking into some pressure there..

So, Nobody down hear is "TURNING ON OR NOT GIVING STOWE A CHANCE"..The program has done a 180 degree turn towards the WORSE...No discipline, No respect, we will NEVER have the athletes at Dyersburg like Haywood County and now with every kid and their brother from Halls, Lake County, Gibson County, Dyer County PLUS the City of Dyersburg going to Dyer County...The SCALES have been tilted towards the school up 51 North..Talent wise..Renshaw has a lot of talent but he too like Stowe has no discipline..If he cracks .500 I'll be shocked..

So, We have NO HEAD COACH who is going to get "THE BEST" out of these kids here at Dyersburg...Counce is gone and I really don't like the way he left..But it's a free country..A man can do what he wants I guess...But Dyersburg needs somebody who is going to TAKE A STAND..RUN THE PROGRAM THEIR WAY..DON"T TAKE ANY LIP OR GUFF OFF THESE KIDS OR THEIR PARENTS..."YOU CAN'T BE BUDDY, BUDDY WITH A BUNCH OF TEENAGE BOYS..THEY WILL RUN ALL OVER YOU"...THEY AREN'T GOING TO DISCIPLINE THEMSELVES...AND THE FEW THAT ARE TRYING TO DO RIGHT..EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GET TIRED AND SAY TO HECK WITH IT..THEY DON"T DO IT..SO WHY SHOULD I"?

Heck, Stevie Wonder could see what's going on with this program...Just my 2 cents worth...

Stowe did not have a chance when he got here and it does not have anything to do with the fans. ( see his Haywood record with probably the best talent pool in West TN ) and it does not have anything to do with losing to Dyer County. It all boils down to a winning tradition that is going down the drain because Ramer will not hire the right person for the job. Dyersburg does not have the talent to over come mistakes and no discipline. They are out manned 95% of the time. Counce teams won games because of discipline and execution. That is the type of coach Dyersburg must have in order to compete om a weekly basis.

Stowe did not have a chance when he got here and it does not have anything to do with the fans. ( see his Haywood record with probably the best talent pool in West TN ) and it does not have anything to do with losing to Dyer County. It all boils down to a winning tradition that is going down the drain because Ramer will not hire the right person for the job. Dyersburg does not have the talent to over come mistakes and no discipline. They are out manned 95% of the time. Counce teams won games because of discipline and execution. That is the type of coach Dyersburg must have in order to compete om a weekly basis.

Stowe lost TWICE to Dyer County while at Haywood and that should have never, ever happened...No way Dyer County should EVER have beat Haywood..No way..That's ANOTHER BIG RED FLAG in itself!

Edited by StevieRayVol

Comparing Stowe to Darren Bowling is like comparing Tommy West to Don Shula...NO COMPARISON...Bowling made the WRONG CHOICE into walking into a team that people had been waiting on since they were 8th graders...Undefeated as Freshmen, Undefeated as Sophmores only to be put out in the first round, lost twice as 11th graders to Crockett County and to David Lipscomb in the playoffs..

Bowling took a bunch of slow, white boys at Obion Central and won with them...He is a GREAT PROGRAM BUILDER..but he brought Logan Parker into a "NO-WIN" Situation...He took a kid ( Rashad Taylor) who had lost 3 games in 2 seasons as starting quarterback and moved him to a back in his mid-line veer...Tyler Caldwell rushed for over 1,000 yards as a sophmore while splitting time with another back, and put up great numbers as a junior...Tyler WAS an I-Formation tailback...Every back in Bowling's offense HAS TO BLOCK for it to be successful...Tyler and Rashad never blocked, Parker ended up keeping the ball, and the crowd was constantly complaining...that might have been a case where Bowling was intrigued by all the SPEED he had and his unwillingness to change to suit his talent cost him....Tyler Caldwell was a great back but he wasn't a great back in that offense...Yet a lose to Dyer County and a Super Human effort by Ken Torrey at Memphis Mitchell put a team that most had picked to go to State since they were freshmen out in the second round..Bowling was/is a really good coach, but Bowling IMO tried to be too "BUDDY, BUDDY" with these kids...A new offensive system and a lack of discipline ruined it for Darren..He left and won a State Title at Union City..Good for him..

But The Bart Stowe hire left EVERYONE who know anything about Football scratching their heads...Don't know what happened but the MAN WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIRED was KEVIN WARD..A John W. Tucker Disciple who has worked miracles at Camden Central..Word is he was going to be the next hire and then he backed out..Don't know the specifics but we struck out on that one...Wade Comer at McKenzie was supposed to be next in line..That one went out the window..So we ended up with Bart Stowe..

Bart Stowe for all I know is a fine man..A fine Christian man who comes from a Football family. His father the late Jim Stowe is a legend in Lexington..A hard nosed ex-marine who alwasys had tough, well coached teams during his tenure...But anybody who watched Stowe at Brownsville and KNOWS football, knows he UNDER ACHIEVED badly..Sure he made a few runs in the playoffs..But we are talking about HAYWOOD COUNTY here...Athletes galore, Size and Speed are the norm, not the exception...You can't win at "BROWNSVILLE" you can't win anywhere...And if you look I do believe Stowe had a LOSING record in head to head meetings with "THE LEGEND"..which if you are going by "ATHLETE Vs. ATHLETE should have never happened...No way was Dyerburg really even supposed to be ON THE FIELD with Haywood County, yet we would be...And when you beat people you have NO BUSINESS BEATING..That's the sign of a "PROGRAM"..

Stowe walked into a loaded team last year. Several returning offensive linemen, a quarterback in Chase Brown who had game experience and a 1,000 yard rusher in Snook Taylor...The season started off well, but rumblings were everywhere..For some reason PARENTS couldn't get along with a few of the assistant coaches..( Tony Butler was one name that stood out)...Players were fighting with coaches, Coaches with Players, players with coaches and each other...and a LOADED, STATE RANKED TEAM who lost a nail biter to Crockett County folded up like cheap suitcase after that...I guess the back breaker was a loss to Obion Central at Obion Central...No offense to Coach Jackson and the Rebels, but no way Dyersburg should have ON PAPER lost that game..No way..Parents and player's arguing and bickering that night was the final nail in the coffin..The team threw in the towel and that was that.. Again the word was "EVERYBODY IS RUNNING OVER STOWE"..

This season comes along and you hear.."COACHES HAVE LEFT" going to be a great season..And yet, you see the picture that "SMITTY" posted in the State Gazette of the team winning a lineman's competition at some camp and they are all posing and flexing their muscles like they had won a State Title..."BIG RED FLAG" for me...No coach worth his salt ( again no disrespect to Bart Stowe as a man) would have allowed that picture to be taken and a team acting like that...NO DISCIPLINE...They go to Arlington and show their butts...Stowe is like Adam Renshaw..FINE, FINE Men..but who have NO DISCIPLINE...I didn't attend last night's game because I knew it would be a FIASCO..Turns out I was right...Players fighting, benches clearing, multiple penalties, why would you want to pay money to watch that?..

I am an Alumnus, A former player and I respected the heck out of James Counce..People tend to forget we had a .500 season and maybe 2 winning season from 1974 to 1994..We were everybody's homecoming opponent...Counce came in after ONE SEASON at Camden and turned this program around.. Yeah he made to state semi-final appearances, and got blown out..But when you go THAT FAR into the state..You usually run into GOOD COACHING AND GREAT PLAYERS..We had the good coaching but never had THREE SEC players on one team like Nashville Pearl-Cohn did that night in John Henderson, Reggie Ridley and Santonio Beard...That's two that went to UT-Knoxville and one to Alabama..

Counce and Counce Jr are gone..Counce Jr has left MBA and is back at Henry County...They have a lot of talent up there and although they lost one to Liberty last night..Look for them to make some noise up there..Joe Gaddis was a great coach with two state titles under his belt..From Tullahoma and Oak Ridge. So it's not like Counce isn't walking into some pressure there..

So, Nobody down hear is "TURNING ON OR NOT GIVING STOWE A CHANCE"..The program has done a 180 degree turn towards the WORSE...No discipline, No respect, we will NEVER have the athletes at Dyersburg like Haywood County and now with every kid and their brother from Halls, Lake County, Gibson County, Dyer County PLUS the City of Dyersburg going to Dyer County...The SCALES have been tilted towards the school up 51 North..Talent wise..Renshaw has a lot of talent but he too like Stowe has no discipline..If he cracks .500 I'll be shocked..

So, We have NO HEAD COACH who is going to get "THE BEST" out of these kids here at Dyersburg...Counce is gone and I really don't like the way he left..But it's a free country..A man can do what he wants I guess...But Dyersburg needs somebody who is going to TAKE A STAND..RUN THE PROGRAM THEIR WAY..DON"T TAKE ANY LIP OR GUFF OFF THESE KIDS OR THEIR PARENTS..."YOU CAN'T BE BUDDY, BUDDY WITH A BUNCH OF TEENAGE BOYS..THEY WILL RUN ALL OVER YOU"...THEY AREN'T GOING TO DISCIPLINE THEMSELVES...AND THE FEW THAT ARE TRYING TO DO RIGHT..EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GET TIRED AND SAY TO HECK WITH IT..THEY DON"T DO IT..SO WHY SHOULD I"?

Heck, Stevie Wonder could see what's going on with this program...Just my 2 cents worth...

Wow,I started at the first page and read everyones predictions of a "blowout" victory for Dyer Co. because Dyersburg could not match up athleticly,and finished up with a couple of Trojan "fans" bashing a "fine christian man" for losing that same game.One of the main concerns in the griping tag-team posts was that he not "take any guff",yet a couple of fans who admitted not even going to the game,are doing a fine job of swaying everyone on coach t to give him plenty of guff.Plenty of chatter about all the talent at Brownsville too,how have they fared since coach Stowe left? Fair weather fans are overpriced at a dime a dozen and rabble rousers like these two NEVER EVER DO ANYONE OR ANY PROGRAM ANYTHING BUT HARM!For my part you have every right to form an opinion,but to trash a human being whom,even you can find nothing wrong with his character,in a public forum,is cheap at best,and disgusting at worst.A football team has to believe in the coaches system for it to work,how do you expect a bunch of easily infleuenced kids to buy-in to a coaches philosophy while a lynch mob is ripping it apart.Maybe coach Bowling did a very smart thing in going to U.C. where the community stood behind him(without a knife)! Bart Stowe has too much character to bail on his kids,but maybe if you are successful in forcing him out he'll find his own "Union City",and I hope it's in your region.P.S. If my memory serves me,at Brownsville Stowe never lost to Dyersburg,but at Dyersburg,his team WALLOPED the Tomcats,am I wrong?

Wow,I started at the first page and read everyones predictions of a "blowout" victory for Dyer Co. because Dyersburg could not match up athleticly,and finished up with a couple of Trojan "fans" bashing a "fine christian man" for losing that same game.One of the main concerns in the griping tag-team posts was that he not "take any guff",yet a couple of fans who admitted not even going to the game,are doing a fine job of swaying everyone on coach t to give him plenty of guff.Plenty of chatter about all the talent at Brownsville too,how have they fared since coach Stowe left? Fair weather fans are overpriced at a dime a dozen and rabble rousers like these two NEVER EVER DO ANYONE OR ANY PROGRAM ANYTHING BUT HARM!For my part you have every right to form an opinion,but to trash a human being whom,even you can find nothing wrong with his character,in a public forum,is cheap at best,and disgusting at worst.A football team has to believe in the coaches system for it to work,how do you expect a bunch of easily infleuenced kids to buy-in to a coaches philosophy while a lynch mob is ripping it apart.Maybe coach Bowling did a very smart thing in going to U.C. where the community stood behind him(without a knife)! Bart Stowe has too much character to bail on his kids,but maybe if you are successful in forcing him out he'll find his own "Union City",and I hope it's in your region.P.S. If my memory serves me,at Brownsville Stowe never lost to Dyersburg,but at Dyersburg,his team WALLOPED the Tomcats,am I wrong?

No, Your memory is wrong..He went 0-4 Against Dyersburg from 2005-2007....Counce beat him 3 times and Bowling beat him once... Counce beat him during the regular season, then again during the playoffs during 2006..Bowling beat him in 2007..Go back and check just what he OVER ALL Record was against Dyerburg...Nobody attacked Darren Bowling..Darren knew he walked into a no-win situation and EVEN TRIED TO GIVE THE JOB BACK TO COUNCE..What I mean by "NO-WIN" was that team was loaded...Anything less than a run DEEP into the playoffs was gonna be considered a failure...Darren Bowling is a fine coach, glad he won a State Title at Union City.

As for Bart Stowe, I didn't curse the man, or attack his character...I know I didn't go to the game because I knew it would be a fiasco..Turns out I was right.. I never said he was a BAD PERSON..He just has NO DISCIPLINE when it comes to running the program..

The way the kids acted at Arlington was pitiful..Friday night was just another example at how things are getting out of hand..

That's just calling it like you see it..Kid's coming off the bench and fighting, mouthing, you can't have that...

DO YOU THINK THAT IS A WAY TO RUN A FOOTBALL TEAM?

Edited by StevieRayVol

No, Your memory is wrong..He went 0-4 Against Dyersburg from 2005-2007....Counce beat him 3 times and Bowling beat him once... Counce beat him during the regular season, then again during the playoffs during 2006..Bowling beat him in 2007..Go back and check just what he OVER ALL Record was against Dyerburg...Nobody attacked Darren Bowling..Darren knew he walked into a no-win situation and EVEN TRIED TO GIVE THE JOB BACK TO COUNCE..What I mean by "NO-WIN" was that team was loaded...Anything less than a run DEEP into the playoffs was gonna be considered a failure...Darren Bowling is a fine coach, glad he won a State Title at Union City.

As for Bart Stowe, I didn't curse the man, or attack his character...I know I didn't go to the game because I knew it would be a fiasco..Turns out I was right.. I never said he was a BAD PERSON..He just has NO DISCIPLINE when it comes to running the program..

The way the kids acted at Arlington was pitiful..Friday night was just another example at how things are getting out of hand..

That's just calling it like you see it..Kid's coming off the bench and fighting, mouthing, you can't have that...

DO YOU THINK THAT IS A WAY TO RUN A FOOTBALL TEAM?

Stevie Ray..I saw that you were tryiny or left me a personal message.It won't let me open it up.My email is mrbigsters@aol.com

Who we talking about. We are finally getting rid of most of Dyersburg's problem in my opinion. Ramer is retiring. He is the reason that the Counces are not still here. Maybe Ramer's replacement will take pride in what Dyersburg use to have and fix things because lets be honest my wife could have a .500 team at Haywood. I do not have anything against Bart Stowe but he was not ,is not and never will be the right guy for Dyersburg.

All I'll say is he is a fine man.strict.wouldn't let the office people or fans run his program though.And he's a good friend of Coach Ward's.I was told that Coach Ward conferred with him about the Dyersburg job and was going to get the job a couple years ago and then turned it down probably before it hit the papers.!

Edited by mrbigster