Dyer County vs. Dyersburg

No, Your memory is wrong..He went 0-4 Against Dyersburg from 2005-2007....Counce beat him 3 times and Bowling beat him once... Counce beat him during the regular season, then again during the playoffs during 2006..Bowling beat him in 2007..Go back and check just what he OVER ALL Record was against Dyerburg...Nobody attacked Darren Bowling..Darren knew he walked into a no-win situation and EVEN TRIED TO GIVE THE JOB BACK TO COUNCE..What I mean by "NO-WIN" was that team was loaded...Anything less than a run DEEP into the playoffs was gonna be considered a failure...Darren Bowling is a fine coach, glad he won a State Title at Union City.

As for Bart Stowe, I didn't curse the man, or attack his character...I know I didn't go to the game because I knew it would be a fiasco..Turns out I was right.. I never said he was a BAD PERSON..He just has NO DISCIPLINE when it comes to running the program..

The way the kids acted at Arlington was pitiful..Friday night was just another example at how things are getting out of hand..

That's just calling it like you see it..Kid's coming off the bench and fighting, mouthing, you can't have that...

DO YOU THINK THAT IS A WAY TO RUN A FOOTBALL TEAM?

A deep run in the playoffs. The last Dyersburg coach to have a deep run in the playoffs was Bobby Newby in 1975. Counce never had a so called deep run any year in Dyersburg. Just face it, no matter who you get to coach the Trojans, they are going to have a tough time winning consistently, mostly because of having to live up to the "Legend" and the fans who will not let him go.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A deep run in the playoffs. The last Dyersburg coach to have a deep run in the playoffs was Bobby Newby in 1975. Counce never had a so called deep run any year in Dyersburg. Just face it, no matter who you get to coach the Trojans, they are going to have a tough time winning consistently, mostly because of having to live up to the "Legend" and the fans who will not let him go.

Counce went to the SEMI-FINALS Twice ...Newby went ONCE IN 1974 with the CLASS of 1975( James Patrick, Steve Gaines, Sammy Gauldin that bunch) Oh and Jimmy Noonan was a Junior...Counce went to the Semis in 97 and was undefeated until they ran up on Pearl-Cohn...Then again in 2006 against David Lipscomb...

That 2007-2008 Class was the class everybody was waiting on..Might wanna do your homework the next time you start throwing stats and dates around... :thumb:

There weren't as MANY teams getting in the playoffs back when Newby was coaching..though they did have to compete against the privates...21-0 was how back a Mike Wright led Father Ryan squad beat Dyersburg back in 1974...Oh, and that team was coached by future Austin Peay and MTSU coach.."BOOTS DONNELLY"...

Counce ran into a Nashville Pear-Cohn team that had John Henderson, Reggie Ridley and Buck Fitzgerald all of whom went to UT...Santonio Beard was the tailback who went to Bama....I think we might have put a couple of kids at UT-Martin..48-0.. Pearl-Cohn won it all that year...

Then in 2006 Ran into a David Lipscomb squad that was runner up to Knoxville Fulton for the State Title ...beat us 42-7...Never punted once during the game or attempted a pass if I remember..

Counce is gone and will never be back..He WAS a good coach...but Stowe UNDER ACHIEVED at Brownsville, and you won't have the talent HERE like you had at Brownsville ( Oh He Had Alex Watkins who ended up going to Alabama and a few more who signed D-1 Scholarships..) Counce won because he had LESS talent..Had to be disciplined and oraganized....Stowe might be a good man..but as a coach he is LACKING..Just watch and see how the season plays out...

Edited by StevieRayVol

Counce went to the SEMI-FINALS Twice ...Newby went ONCE IN 1974 with the CLASS of 1975( James Patrick, Steve Gaines, Sammy Gauldin that bunch) Oh and Jimmy Noonan was a Junior...Counce went to the Semis in 97 and was undefeated until they ran up on Pearl-Cohn...Then again in 2006 against David Lipscomb...

That 2007-2008 Class was the class everybody was waiting on..Might wanna do your homework the next time you start throwing stats and dates around... :thumb:

There weren't as MANY teams getting in the playoffs back when Newby was coaching..though they did have to compete against the privates...21-0 was how back a Mike Wright led Father Ryan squad beat Dyersburg back in 1974...Oh, and that team was coached by future Austin Peay and MTSU coach.."BOOTS DONNELLY"...

Counce ran into a Nashville Pear-Cohn team that had John Henderson, Reggie Ridley and Buck Fitzgerald all of whom went to UT...Santonio Beard was the tailback who went to Bama....I think we might have put a couple of kids at UT-Martin..48-0.. Pearl-Cohn won it all that year...

Then in 2006 Ran into a David Lipscomb squad that was runner up to Knoxville Fulton for the State Title ...beat us 42-7...Never punted once during the game or attempted a pass if I remember..

Counce is gone and will never be back..He WAS a good coach...but Stowe UNDER ACHIEVED at Brownsville, and you won't have the talent HERE like you had at Brownsville ( Oh He Had Alex Watkins who ended up going to Alabama and a few more who signed D-1 Scholarships..) Counce won because he had LESS talent..Had to be disciplined and oraganized....Stowe might be a good man..but as a coach he is LACKING..Just watch and see how the season plays out...

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. You seem to know what they need, so why don't you coach? :motorbike:

Hey it's all cool...No need to get all HUFFY over something we are ALL DO OLD TO PLAY... :roflolk: Do love Football time though, can't beat it!

You've admitted that coach Stowe knows X's and O's,that he's a "fine christian man",and that in so many words,his character is impeccable.You've also railed against his being hired,touted inabality to succeed with talent,and howled about a lack of control over players,parents,fans,and administrators.When a few posters failed to light the torches and storm the castle at your behest, you beg off with, hey...it's all cool,no need to get huffy,GEEZ! Take your lumps with a little class(on and off the field),think about how negative comments can impede the progression of the program,and how they'll affect the lives of people involved before slinging mud at everything not going your way.Everyone posting beforehand predicted a win for Dyer Co.,the Trojans fought hard(no pun intended),and kept the game close amid a LOT of distractions,AT Dyer Co.s'field,until the end.The fight,not good but,when passions to win run high,sometimes it happens and I know the rivalry between these two is intense.No hard feelings......I just happen to know the Stowe family,how much effort and passion that he's invested in this team,and that he is capable of elevating this program to where it can be,with a little support.

You've admitted that coach Stowe knows X's and O's,that he's a "fine christian man",and that in so many words,his character is impeccable.You've also railed against his being hired,touted inabality to succeed with talent,and howled about a lack of control over players,parents,fans,and administrators.When a few posters failed to light the torches and storm the castle at your behest, you beg off with, hey...it's all cool,no need to get huffy,GEEZ! Take your lumps with a little class(on and off the field),think about how negative comments can impede the progression of the program,and how they'll affect the lives of people involved before slinging mud at everything not going your way.Everyone posting beforehand predicted a win for Dyer Co.,the Trojans fought hard(no pun intended),and kept the game close amid a LOT of distractions,AT Dyer Co.s'field,until the end.The fight,not good but,when passions to win run high,sometimes it happens and I know the rivalry between these two is intense.No hard feelings......I just happen to know the Stowe family,how much effort and passion that he's invested in this team,and that he is capable of elevating this program to where it can be,with a little support.

Begging off?..Excuse me?.. The above poster said he was "JERKING CHAINS" I said "Cool with me"..But ..Dyersburg High School Football has under gone a 180 degree turn..

Have you been living under a ROCK?...What makes you think that you have seen anything that makes you think Stowe will turn this program around?...Do you think Bart Stowe is a program builder?...Do you think Bart Stowe is a disciplinarian?...AS A SAID BEFORE..Being a FINE Man..A GOOD MAN, A Christian man..Have NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A FINE FOOTBALL COACH!...His play calling even at Brownsville was VERY PREDICTABLE...The same thing at Dyersburg...VERY PREDICTABLE...You got to have STRONG DISCIPLINE to succeed in anything..You have a bunch of 14 to 18 year old boys you better have A STRONG GRIP ON THE PROGRAM...

He walked into a LOADED team last year...A state ranked team last year..A nail biting loss to Crockett County and the next week..THAT WAS A DISASTER AT Obion County...Fans, Coaches, Players, that was a FIASCO...It's been down hill ever since..How are they gonna feel when Obion Central comes down and beats them AGAIN THIS YEAR?...Has a Dyersburg team ever lost TWO STRAIGHT to Obion Central?..Get ready its coming..

Like I said, He's a fine man for all I know..Just don't know if he's cut out to be the Head Football Coach at Dyersburg High School or not...You got to be a "SPECIAL COACH" with tremendous "LEADERSHIP AND DISCIPLINE" Skills to get it out of these kids...I don't see that now and don't see it in the future..

Edited by StevieRayVol