Grundy Co. @ South Pitt.

RubberBoots

Roy,

I don't think you're joking about anything but I do think you may be smoking something. In case you have any doubt I have nothing but respect for Vic and his boys. I played against Vic back in the day. He learned from the best...his dad. And Vic is one of the best now. So any time Grundy plays South Pittsburg if the "odds makers" make odds on the game the Pirates will be favored.

As for fastest Yellow Jackets.... I don't own a stop watch....just fishing poles. And the last Yellow Jacket to play in the SEC may have been Horace Moore. I'd like to see another one soon. Only time will tell.

DL.

Roy,

I don't think you're joking about anything but I do think you may be smoking something. In case you have any doubt I have nothing but respect for Vic and his boys. I played against Vic back in the day. He learned from the best...his dad. And Vic is one of the best now. So any time Grundy plays South Pittsburg if the "odds makers" make odds on the game the Pirates will be favored.

As for fastest Yellow Jackets.... I don't own a stop watch....just fishing poles. And the last Yellow Jacket to play in the SEC may have been Horace Moore. I'd like to see another one soon. Only time will tell.

DL.

Im not smoking anything Del. Im just telling you the truth from my Murphy Fair book. That is a big ole boy you got on that line. I bet he can knock a hole for the runners to run through. I wonder if Grider is making our boys practice tomorrow? They need to be lifting weights and running extra so they will be in shape and real strong for next week. Did anyone ever hear why that Cornersville bunch didn't show up on Tuesday? Im still mad about that. Nobody told me they were not coming and I drove all the way down there. Grider should have called WEPG and had them announce it. You think im joking cause im not.

Grider will make our boys lift alot of weights starting on Monday so the will be real big and strong for the game Friday. Our runners wear ankle weights so it will make them real fast for Friday night. You think im joking cause im not. Let me ask you a question Del. Who is the fastest boy up there at Grundy? I was reading in my book and my book says that Fults boy is 6'3 and 300 pounds. How much weight can this boy lift? I bet he could play in the SEC. You think im joking cause im not.

If you waited till Monday to start lifting, you waited too long. You think i'm joking cause i'm not.

What was that the moderator said?...."Go scratch". Which leads us to a little pirate joke. How did Captain Hook die? Jock itch. :roflolk: Now you go scratch. :twisted: And, good luck to the pirates tonight.

Now that's funny. :roflol:

But the game is next week. I'm probably going to watch a movie tonight....at the house.

DL (who won't have another Friday night off for at least 10 weeks and hopefully not for 11, or 12, or 13, or..... B) )

Edited by DelTavian

Now that's funny. :roflol:

But the game is next week. I'm probably going to watch a movie tonight....at the house.

DL (who won't have another Friday night off for at least 10 weeks and hopefully not for 11, or 12, or 13, or..... B) )

My bad. And good luck to the jackets also. I wasn't trying to snub yall. I was still laughing at that joke. :roflol:

Grundy looks better than they did this time last year. The Pirates are OK, but not as strong as they were this time last year. Sorry, but it's true. But I think Millard will do some maturing in the first few games, and become a good leader. Right now, Millard is really the only weak link compared to last year, and I fully believe that will change in only a few games. When he gets a few games under his belt his experience will come close to matching his cockiness.

And Stephen Hargis makes absolutely no difference on the sideline. I've never seen any benefits from him being there. If you ask me, Hargis and all those photographers just get in the way.

The Millard kid is one of the quarterbacks for South Pittsburgh correct? I watched two or three young lads play quarterback last week at the jamboree when I was gracing everyone with my presence. All of the young lads made some nice throws and runs, but they are trying to replace a Living Legend from last season. That is easier said than done. The quarterback for Grundy looked to be a small young lad, but looked very quick and elusive. It is always a tough venue for opponents when they play between the shrubs at Phil Beene Stadium. The young lad from South Pittsburg have the upperhand going into this contest, but Grundy seems to have a good club as well.

Well I will go ahead and give my prediction for this one friday night...I think SP just has way to many athletes and was still very vanilia on the offensive and defensive play calling...I think the pirates not being ranked first in their own district and in the top 10 in the freepress poll has given them even more extra motivation than before....add that motivation to a disappointing end to last year and the pirates come out firing on all cylinders on offense and defense with something to prove..stay on a mission boys!

SP- 55

GC- 13

Well I will go ahead and give my prediction for this one friday night...I think SP just has way to many athletes and was still very vanilia on the offensive and defensive play calling...I think the pirates not being ranked first in their own district and in the top 10 in the freepress poll has given them even more extra motivation than before....add that motivation to a disappointing end to last year and the pirates come out firing on all cylinders on offense and defense with something to prove..stay on a mission boys!

SP- 55

GC- 13

I think it is so funny that the freepress pole never has us rank up near the top until the end of the year when we are usually the only one's left. It is always Red Bank, Baylor, Mccallie, Boyd, The georgia teams and even North Jackson. But as usual we will be there at the end and ahead of Signal too.