Morgan County Football

bulldogqueen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunbright will throw the ball all over the lot and should be tough to beat. Coalfield is young, but disciplined and talented. They're a year or two away. Wartburg should be improved after returning several starters from last year's 4-win team. Oakdale needs continuity and a taste of success to get out of the basement.

wartburg and coalfield have played pretty good this preseason. i have also heard sunbright has played well.oakdale is once again small in numbers and have not shown very well. it will come down to line play and i would give wartburg the edge followed by coalfield. sunbright has the best passer in the county but wartburg has the best play maker at quarterback. best defense goes to wartburg while best offense would probably go to sunbright depending on their line play. that being said defense wins championships and here is how it will shake out.

1)wartburg

2)coalfield

3)sunbright

4)oakdale

same results as last year!!!

Wondering about Wartburg? Did they have several players that didn't play when they scrimmaged Sweetwater? A weird scrimmage as Sweetwater wasn't allowed to hit Wartburgs Qb but Wartburg could hit Sweetwaters? Heard they had a couple out already, can someone confirm this? They completed one big play and Qb wouldve been sacked several seconds before he threw that pass. Sweetwater lineman had to peeloff allowing him time to throw and even run the ball? Had def been able to hit Qb they couldve very well had double digit sacks and over -100yds of offense. Did they have several lineman out to? Sweetwater to had been hurt by injury bug, thats why I was asking? Goodluck to Wartburg this year!

Wondering about Wartburg? Did they have several players that didn't play when they scrimmaged Sweetwater? A weird scrimmage as Sweetwater wasn't allowed to hit Wartburgs Qb but Wartburg could hit Sweetwaters? Heard they had a couple out already, can someone confirm this? They completed one big play and Qb wouldve been sacked several seconds before he threw that pass. Sweetwater lineman had to peeloff allowing him time to throw and even run the ball? Had def been able to hit Qb they couldve very well had double digit sacks and over -100yds of offense. Did they have several lineman out to? Sweetwater to had been hurt by injury bug, thats why I was asking? Goodluck to Wartburg this year!

yes they had several players out including the quarteback.the backup was no contact because he was the only varsity quarterback dressed.as for the big play the reciever burned the corner pretty bad and there was no rush at all the quarterback actually threw the ball late.i dont remember how many sacks sweetwater was credited but you have to remember it was touch on the quarterback.wartburg also had both safeties sitting out 2 recievers and 1 starting d-end

I could play QB if nobody's allowed to touch me.

Seriously though, if this kid starts the first game he'll probably fall apart the first couple of times he gets hit. It'd probably be worth 15 yards just to introduce him to some contact the first time he throws the ball.

OleTiger,

What's the shame on Johnny thing mean on your signature.

Edited by hooters

I could play QB if nobody's allowed to touch me.

Seriously though, if this kid starts the first game he'll probably fall apart the first couple of times he gets hit. It'd probably be worth 15 yards just to introduce him to some contact the first time he throws the ball.

OleTiger,

What's the shame on Johnny thing mean on your signature.

Remmber are old coach johnny harison? he dated chearleaders and was a lousy coach.

wartburg and coalfield have played pretty good this preseason. i have also heard sunbright has played well.oakdale is once again small in numbers and have not shown very well. it will come down to line play and i would give wartburg the edge followed by coalfield. sunbright has the best passer in the county but wartburg has the best play maker at quarterback. best defense goes to wartburg while best offense would probably go to sunbright depending on their line play. that being said defense wins championships and here is how it will shake out.

1)wartburg

2)coalfield

3)sunbright

4)oakdale

same results as last year!!!

wartburgs defense couldnt stop us last year when we had like 400 yds. you are right we have best offense and we probably have best defense to. i cant wait for wartburg to come to tiger country last game of season for you all.

i gess ya wana akt like ya coo axin who won dat gam las yeer. troof is we wooda won if refs didn cheet us out of it. an the warts be lucky las yeer but not this yeer we be winnin state!! an i cant beleave tat ya pick the lumps of coal to finish aheed of us two? wat up wit that they be horibly bad but ya go one thing write lil ol oakdale will come in last haha. they be awful even the warts can beet them as bad as thay be!!

GEAUX TIGERS

state bound/shame on Johnny