gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

Yelp.......that's what the scoreboard said.....SHOULD'VE....COULD'VE......WOULD'VE WON.....BUT DIDN'T.

Shoot.....most of the same boys are still on that SC team....dress out about 85....graduate around 12 SR...that would leave about 73.

Revenge??? Are you talking about revenge for last year....or the last 11??

I wouldn't really call 3 starters returning "most". Any ways surely a team that dresses 85 kids can manhandle these little 1a teams that only dress 30-40 huh?

DOOMED!!!630Dead_owl_in_Italy_copy.jpg

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To pasttiger

Everyone knows that you played football for medley many many years ago and have a loyalty to him. I just don't think it is healthy for the players to keep hearing you on here valuing one coach above the others. My son played middle school ball under Petty and Clemons and those two helped to develop his competiveness and heart.He loves them both so much because they made it so fun. Coach Petty is such a hard worker and that helps develop the work ethic. To play under those two men again in high school was a dream come true for him. He respects and loves every one of his high school coaches. Not a day goes by that he doesn't come home telling a joke or something funny that Coach Clemons or Coach Bush said in practice. Coach Lee has such a passion for the game. He can chew you out in a heartbeat and hug you up in the next one. My son thinks Coach Marshall is brilliant.He has become stronger, faster, and knows more football because of him. I can't tell you how much my grocery bill has gone up with this weightprogram of his. I will gladly pay it though because I know it means such a difference on the football field. The hours that all the coaches put in is amazing. If we paid them overtime for their work, they would be millionaires.These coaches have a bond of freindship that is strong and that teaches kids the meaning of family and brotherhood. I am grateful for them all, including Coach medley.

Go Tigers!!

lets slam on the breaks tiger paw. i know marshall and know he is a good coach. all i am saying is with coach back, its a golden opportunity for some to watch and learn. being nice, cool, and full of funny jokes only gets you so far. this football ,not a mr. congeniality contest. i indeed know the coaching staff, good bunch of guys. over the years gordonsviile has had great talent that went nowhere. i think now the talent will be used. if you cant respect my opinion too bad. yes i have blinders on when it comes to medelly. his job performance speacks for itself. all this streak crap only came about the last few years. i know nothing of it. like i said this is just how i see things. i believe i have earned the right to stress my feelings on tiger football, helped make the program great once upon a time. call me out on tiger football. i only hope this group of boys take the program higher than ever before. i would love to see it.

Wondering how Gordonsville is playing the kid who transferred from Upperman right before school started. Word is that his family has an apartment in Gordonsville that they live in during the week and a house in Putnam County that they live in on the weekend. That would be a clear violation of the TSSAA rules. Says in the TSSAA handbook that they do not recognize dual residences and that it would make him ineligible in both football and baseball this year.

Of course, if Smith County lets that kid play that moved from Upperman on Friday, they will be in the same situation.

you know tiger paw my reply to your post may have been a little strong. i got a little ticked before hand reading other posts. just knowing carthage is sitting on their side of the river licking their chops. only one night of the year i dont like them. when i was playing we would hang out throughout the year. but that one night we wasnt friends. i hope your son dedicates, thats what it takes. i hope with all my heart they replace us in tiger history. passing the torch is long over due. i wasnt trying to bad mouth any coach. i will say mac petty is a stand up guy. marshall ran a good 5a program. me and a couple others talked about what we see in marshalls play calling. the past two years he was in the right d but the play wasnt made on the field. that comes with dedication to practice. it looks leaps and bounds better this year. the o seems complicated ,i think that may the thing that sets 5a style football from 1a style football. if you have ever seen two top 5a programs go at it you will understand what i am getting at. the overall speed of the game is unreal. i found that out when i watched one for myself. if he can get our game going like that, watch out. i think he has the players to and ability to bring the power back to the house. this year both teams will play well. in the end tigers win because i think we will see a team that is not beat before the game. we will see a well poised team. final prediction on my final post of the week, TIGERS ROLL!!!!!!

Wondering how Gordonsville is playing the kid who transferred from Upperman right before school started. Word is that his family has an apartment in Gordonsville that they live in during the week and a house in Putnam County that they live in on the weekend. That would be a clear violation of the TSSAA rules. Says in the TSSAA handbook that they do not recognize dual residences and that it would make him ineligible in both football and baseball this year.

Of course, if Smith County lets that kid play that moved from Upperman on Friday, they will be in the same situation.

I don't know whether the living arrangements you speak of are true or not, but posting accusations like this on here is about as lowdown and cowardly as it can get.

If you think there is a violation report it to the TSSAA, not to the CoachT bunch.

I don't know whether the living arrangements you speak of are true or not, but posting accusations like this on here is about as lowdown and cowardly as it can get.

If you think there is a violation report it to the TSSAA, not to the CoachT bunch.

Don't have a dog in the hunt either way so it would be hard for me to be cowardly, but I do know the facts of the situation. Have no interest in whether or not the TSSAA investigates - just think it makes for an interesting topic of conversation. Someone asked earlier about the kid that is transferring to SC from Upperman starting tomorrow and I wondered what the status was of the one that transferred to Gordonsville already. If there is a waiver in place, guess there would be no reason for someone to get so upset about it being brought up...

You may be right about the experience Croz. This is probably the best G-ville team since 07 and I can't remember when SC had this many new faces starting. And probaby right about the turnovers. Kind of like last year. There will be 3-4 plays that decide the game. I believe in 07 a safety,quick score and another safety early took the wind out of the Tigers. Last year a score before the half as time was running out, a big catch on 4th down by #18, and a dropped interception by a Tiger were the 3-4 plays. Whoever makes those big 3-4 plays wins. They tell me history repeats itself......SC wins....

You know what the cool thing about history is? You already know what's going to happen and if it does in fact repeat itself, then you can change things to have a different end result. Not saying that will happen though...

I really don't know what to think of this game. Both teams are coming off good warm up games. G-ville over Westy, 34-0... Pretty impressive win. Smith Co. over Cheatham Co., 27-7... Well, I expected it to be at least a little more, but a win is a win. I didnt go to either game, but I listened to the Smith game. Maybe Cheatham is better than last year, maybe not... Bottom line is we have to play better this Friday. Of course the ideal season is to play better every game, so that you are playing your best football during the playoffs. Does that always happen? Of course not. Just look at SC last season. Played terrible at G-ville, who IMO was the better team that night, but we still got the win. Couple weeks later put up a goose egg against a not very good westmoreland team. Turned around and beat Dekalb and White House. Then back to back losses with Cannon and York. But I believe we were playing our best football during the playoffs. I think a lot of that G-ville game last year was due to lack of focus on our side. Not saying G-ville didn't play good, because they played awesome, like I said probably the best team IMO. But just like Termite said a while ago, whoever makes those 3 or 4 plays a game wins the game. Smith did just that last year... As always, last year is last year. I just hope we can do it again this year, but I still don't know what to think of our team or G-ville's team yet. However, I will know Friday. The only thing I do know is it will be a great game to watch, and I can't wait. :hungry:

:hungry:

Guest Termite

you know tiger paw my reply to your post may have been a little strong. i got a little ticked before hand reading other posts. just knowing carthage is sitting on their side of the river licking their chops. only one night of the year i dont like them. when i was playing we would hang out throughout the year. but that one night we wasnt friends. i hope your son dedicates, thats what it takes. i hope with all my heart they replace us in tiger history. passing the torch is long over due. i wasnt trying to bad mouth any coach. i will say mac petty is a stand up guy. marshall ran a good 5a program. me and a couple others talked about what we see in marshalls play calling. the past two years he was in the right d but the play wasnt made on the field. that comes with dedication to practice. it looks leaps and bounds better this year. the o seems complicated ,i think that may the thing that sets 5a style football from 1a style football. if you have ever seen two top 5a programs go at it you will understand what i am getting at. the overall speed of the game is unreal. i found that out when i watched one for myself. if he can get our game going like that, watch out. i think he has the players to and ability to bring the power back to the house. this year both teams will play well. in the end tigers win because i think we will see a team that is not beat before the game. we will see a well poised team. final prediction on my final post of the week, TIGERS ROLL!!!!!!

You know what....I like the way P-Tiger and Croz think. (Except the Carthage thing which I can live with )All the coaches are super guys...I know them all (except Moose). THis is just my opinion. Sometimes...maybe too nice. That's what I like about Maynard. No past ties to SC whatso ever. Never played there,never played with the parents of any of the kids. Don't care who you are, who you parents are, rich, poor,nothing like that matters. I don't know for sure, but I've heard stuff that Moose has put up with the past year or two, Maynard wouldn't. I don't think Medley would either.....