gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

i dont know if last year was the year or this is the year or next year is the year so on so forth . carthage cant win them all and wont win them all. in my mind i am thinking what most of the problem is , so i will keep my key strokes to myself on that matter. but anyway, its good to coach back. i think we will se a different kind of team. a team coached by a football savy man. gordonsville wins this one. it may not be in grand style, but every dog has its day.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

This is,IMO, the most talented and most experienced Gville team in a while combined with what seems the least experienced SC team in a while.

Like you said Termite, the matchup will be Gville's Offense against SC's defense.

Then, if Gville can force some turnovers or even score on defense, they'll be in good shape.

By the time this game came around last year, I'd seen both teams, so I had a pretty good handle on what to expect. I haven't seen SC this year so I don't really know what they have. I know the players, but I haven't seen them since last year.

Gville will definitely have to play 4 full quarters to win.

Here's to Gville winning 21-10. :thumb:

You may be right about the experience Croz. This is probably the best G-ville team since 07 and I can't remember when SC had this many new faces starting. And probaby right about the turnovers. Kind of like last year. There will be 3-4 plays that decide the game. I believe in 07 a safety,quick score and another safety early took the wind out of the Tigers. Last year a score before the half as time was running out, a big catch on 4th down by #18, and a dropped interception by a Tiger were the 3-4 plays. Whoever makes those big 3-4 plays wins. They tell me history repeats itself......SC wins....

You may be right about the experience Croz. This is probably the best G-ville team since 07 and I can't remember when SC had this many new faces starting. And probaby right about the turnovers. Kind of like last year. There will be 3-4 plays that decide the game. I believe in 07 a safety,quick score and another safety early took the wind out of the Tigers. Last year a score before the half as time was running out, a big catch on 4th down by #18, and a dropped interception by a Tiger were the 3-4 plays. Whoever makes those big 3-4 plays wins. They tell me history repeats itself......SC wins....

Mistakes will happen, and to be honest I hope Gville will be good enough for the mistakes to not cause too big of a problem.

I did see some things, however, Friday that concerned me, and they definitely have to get straightened out before the game.

I know the Owls are extremely confident, and I don't blame them. Winning 11 in a row can do that for you. However, I'm extremely hopeful every year, because I've seen what Gville can do in this series. Granted, the years I'm talking about, Maynord wasn't the coach, but they happened. As far as the 07 team, this years team has more overall experience, which I hope trumps everything else.

Guest Termite

Mistakes will happen, and to be honest I hope Gville will be good enough for the mistakes to not cause too big of a problem.

I did see some things, however, Friday that concerned me, and they definitely have to get straightened out before the game.

I know the Owls are extremely confident, and I don't blame them. Winning 11 in a row can do that for you. However, I'm extremely hopeful every year, because I've seen what Gville can do in this series. Granted, the years I'm talking about, Maynord wasn't the coach, but they happened. As far as the 07 team, this years team has more overall experience, which I hope trumps everything else.

Confidence has been one of the keys in the past. I've seen 1-2 things go bad for the Tigers and it has gone down hill from there, especially against the Owls. Medley may fix that, even with the coaching staff. Most played for him...and he has to have a calming and confident effect. I don't think the Owls are overly confident.They can't be with all the hype, real or not..they have all heard and know the G-men. At this point each one of them want to keep "the streak" going.

Even though it's against the law around here...these kids grow up together and hang out together...I can't help but wonder every once in a while what could happen or what would have happened in past years if SC-G-ville combined. I know not as many kids would get to play or not play as much....but gosh with SC being as good as they usually are and G-ville being as good as they usually are.... can you say powerhouse. And think about the crowds at the games.......

I, for one, would not be against consolidation. For more reasons than just football.

And, yes, what a powerhouse they'd be.

I would not welcome consolidation. Rivalries are good and healthy for the soul and the Carthage/Gordonsville one is the best in the state. I grew up going to them and hatin on the Owls. Nowhere will you see a bigger and more vocal crowd than at one of our games. They are good moneymakers too.

To pasttiger

Everyone knows that you played football for medley many many years ago and have a loyalty to him. I just don't think it is healthy for the players to keep hearing you on here valuing one coach above the others. My son played middle school ball under Petty and Clemons and those two helped to develop his competiveness and heart.He loves them both so much because they made it so fun. Coach Petty is such a hard worker and that helps develop the work ethic. To play under those two men again in high school was a dream come true for him. He respects and loves every one of his high school coaches. Not a day goes by that he doesn't come home telling a joke or something funny that Coach Clemons or Coach Bush said in practice. Coach Lee has such a passion for the game. He can chew you out in a heartbeat and hug you up in the next one. My son thinks Coach Marshall is brilliant.He has become stronger, faster, and knows more football because of him. I can't tell you how much my grocery bill has gone up with this weightprogram of his. I will gladly pay it though because I know it means such a difference on the football field. The hours that all the coaches put in is amazing. If we paid them overtime for their work, they would be millionaires.These coaches have a bond of freindship that is strong and that teaches kids the meaning of family and brotherhood. I am grateful for them all, including Coach medley.

Go Tigers!!

Guest Termite

To pasttiger

Everyone knows that you played football for medley many many years ago and have a loyalty to him. I just don't think it is healthy for the players to keep hearing you on here valuing one coach above the others. My son played middle school ball under Petty and Clemons and those two helped to develop his competiveness and heart.He loves them both so much because they made it so fun. Coach Petty is such a hard worker and that helps develop the work ethic. To play under those two men again in high school was a dream come true for him. He respects and loves every one of his high school coaches. Not a day goes by that he doesn't come home telling a joke or something funny that Coach Clemons or Coach Bush said in practice. Coach Lee has such a passion for the game. He can chew you out in a heartbeat and hug you up in the next one. My son thinks Coach Marshall is brilliant.He has become stronger, faster, and knows more football because of him. I can't tell you how much my grocery bill has gone up with this weightprogram of his. I will gladly pay it though because I know it means such a difference on the football field. The hours that all the coaches put in is amazing. If we paid them overtime for their work, they would be millionaires.These coaches have a bond of freindship that is strong and that teaches kids the meaning of family and brotherhood. I am grateful for them all, including Coach medley.

Go Tigers!!

Don't get on P-tiger too much Paws.....even the kids have coaches they like better than others. Evidently Moose values Medley and has a loyalty to him too...don't ya think??? Moose had to think this out before hand. He has to know....even though he is the Head coach....if G-ville has the season everyone expects, Medley will get the credit....

I would not welcome consolidation. Rivalries are good and healthy for the soul and the Carthage/Gordonsville one is the best in the state. I grew up going to them and hatin on the Owls. Nowhere will you see a bigger and more vocal crowd than at one of our games. They are good moneymakers too.

You have to look at the issues other than football. There would naturally be other rivalries, and the educational offering would be greater.

To pasttiger

Go Tigers!!

What's healthy for the players is for them to know what Medley brings to the table, as well as what the other coaches bring. Medley has a reputation around here, everyone knows that. While everyone still isn't sold on Marshall, but I guarantee you that winning fixes everything. This is his third season, he should have HIS team the way he wants it now. He's put in his system and the kids have played under it a couple of years now, and we get to see the results. I hope for the best.

You know about as much about Football as you do scorekeeping. Needless to say, that is not saying a lot. Gordonsville may win, Smith County will not win every single year, or shouuldn't. But, I don't even live in Smith County like yourself and I get tired of hearing "this is the year!" Talk is so over-rated. Having said that, I have to say Smith County wins even with a young and inexperienced team.

Doomed! Be sure to come back and get your plate when its over.