gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

Guest Termite

if carthage and gordonsville did consolidate what classification would that enrollment put them in

I'm not sure Snowy....I would guess there would be around 1100 students......

It won't never happen.....to many us / them.......and each community takes pride in their school. When Plesant Shade closed, it didn't effect me one way or the other, but I kind of hated to see it....

Anyway....your right, a lot of words about nothing. Everybody is playing nice-nice right now. Probably because either team can win this, depending on 3-4 plays or how the ball bounces. This game still has an 07 feel to me. I don't expecct the score to be the same as that one.G-ville is loaded with returning players, and a few can really play. SC's bunch is unknown to most fans.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we might as well start now.

Both teams have good teams. Both teams have good coaching. Gordonsville returns the majority of their starters from last year. SC soes not return as many starters as G'ville. But, SC plays about 30 or more players per game. Friday night SC used two quarterbacks, three tailbacks, three tight ends and nine wideouts and two fullbacks. Probally same ratio in the line, linebackers and DB's. This was in a game that was real close and the players could not make mistakes or let the level of competion drop. Even though SC does not have as many starters returning, the players this year played a lot of football last year in pressure situations.

It is a shame that one of these teams will lose. Won't be the end of the world for the loser - will just have to go back to work and improve. Both teams should have very good teams and after this game, the people on the North side wish the Tigers all the luck in the world. Looking forward to a head-knocker.

Should be an interesting game this week, I know Gville is excited about this years team, and knowing there players and talent level they should be. I was impressed with SC this past Friday night. IMO the Defense just needs some game experience, the O-line is young but for the most part they are seasoned just need some playing time to get up to speed on this level. Wakefield needs to quit dancing and run north and south and he has the potential to be dangerous this year. As far as this game I believe it will be close and well played. SC will have to play 4 quarters, and make the 3-4 plays that Termite talked about. SC 21 Gville 14

Both teams have good teams. Both teams have good coaching. Gordonsville returns the majority of their starters from last year. SC soes not return as many starters as G'ville. But, SC plays about 30 or more players per game. Friday night SC used two quarterbacks, three tailbacks, three tight ends and nine wideouts and two fullbacks. Probally same ratio in the line, linebackers and DB's. This was in a game that was real close and the players could not make mistakes or let the level of competion drop. Even though SC does not have as many starters returning, the players this year played a lot of football last year in pressure situations.

It is a shame that one of these teams will lose. Won't be the end of the world for the loser - will just have to go back to work and improve. Both teams should have very good teams and after this game, the people on the North side wish the Tigers all the luck in the world. Looking forward to a head-knocker.

Gville played their whole team Friday. :rolleyes: