Powell @ Fulton

osunut2

A little excited taunting and jumping on the Falcon... It looked that way. But no reason to complain or make excuses when you get your tail handed to you because you weren't physical enough to defend your home turf and come into a game over confident.

Powell's for real and pounded down our throat to let everyone else know too.

I listened to the game on the radio, and I was shocked at how this game played out. HTV and Photoman, what is your take?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell played inspired Football and Fulton looked like they could care less .... worst tackling by a Falcon team since I dont know when .. wait a min I do know when last year against Red Bank ... looks like the Falcons need to get a lot tougher it they want to play with the likes of WEST, AE , ALCOA (boy the way we tackle thats scary ) ... Powell just looked like their boys are just tougher and wanted it more .. no doubt .. and again some kids just dont know how to suck it up when they get a little banged up .. seems like same guys get these nagging little hurts and want to stay on sideline and laugh and cutup and shake hands with fans behind bench instead of supporting team on field ... no dicipline .. too many guys trying to play both ways and they are getting their rear end handed to them and they dont seem to care. Well Ive said my piece ... yes Powell had some kids taunting but I guess when you are pounding the other team and they aint nothing they can do about it or wont you can get away with that ... looked nobody wanted to tackle the QB or RB from Powell head up ..all arms ... maybe they will practice some tacking drills this week ... they just quit IMO.

This game is history and Powell hosts it biggest rival on Thursday, so I am not going to get in to the taunting thing other than to say that there was a lot of talking, no make that trash talking, coming from both sides. The home team isn't innocent, either. It was a hard hitting football game. Fulton won at Powell last year, and the Panthers returned the favor this year. The series is over for now.

Now on to Halls - a huge district game that always is intense and means a lot to both sides. It doesn't matter that Powell is 2-0 and Halls is 0-2 coming in. The game will likely be a close and down to the wire game.

I was shocked at how easily Powell really dominated this game. Powell is much tougher and a much better football team from players to coaches. Fulton may have had some better athletes at certain positions, but Powell had better football players. Looks like Powell has an excellent shot at winning their region this year as long as the Mobley stays heathly. As far as taunting, who cares. Fulton I am sure did it to them last year and there was talking from both sides during the game. Fulton got what they deserved after running it up on a helpless Karns in the Jamboree. Good job Panthers.

Great Job Powell!!!

I knew this game was going to be a good one. Fulton was outplayed and out coached by the Panthers. Powells offense sputtered some in the first half but was on fire in the second half. Great half time adjustments! A few things that stood out in my mind: 1. Powell's Receivers were Physical, they were pestering the DBs all night! 2. Fulton needs to wrap up better! at times Powell's blocking was horrible and they still gained good yardage due to missed tackles. 3. Fulton's heavy hitter run game was dominated by Powell's Defense. I am very impressed at the improvement of their defense this year! They are playing inspired football. 4. Even though Powell was missing a few tackles they were flying to the ball and knocking the ball out, there must have been 4 or 5 forced fumbles. 5. And last, Powell's D-Line was dominating Fulton's O-Line all night long!

Very Proud of the Panthers, keep up this hard play and you will go far this year!

as for BTHAT... Get a Life, Its High School football, dont be a sore loser, YOU have 6 posts, Quit crying and trolling the forum.

I was very excited when I first heard that Powell was leading in the 2nd half. (No help from my buddies who didn't have their cell phones with them). Finally found someone who could text and send me the score. Super excited for all the boys, but especially for a handfull of them that I know how special it is for them each and every time they beat Fulton! Didn't see the game, but it sounded like the Panthers really took the fight to the Falcons. I thought it would be difficult for Powell to win this game, glad I was wrong. Of course this is just one win, but its the kind of win that could propell the Panthers towards a very special season. Once again, congratulations to the boys and to the entire Panther Nation. :thumb:

I was very excited when I first heard that Powell was leading in the 2nd half. (No help from my buddies who didn't have their cell phones with them). Finally found someone who could text and send me the score. Super excited for all the boys, but especially for a handfull of them that I know how special it is for them each and every time they beat Fulton! Didn't see the game, but it sounded like the Panthers really took the fight to the Falcons. I thought it would be difficult for Powell to win this game, glad I was wrong. Of course this is just one win, but its the kind of win that could propell the Panthers towards a very special season. Once again, congratulations to the boys and to the entire Panther Nation. :thumb:

First of all, even after the game, I am confident that the Falcons have more talent and ability than the Panthers. We didn't show it in this game! It all came down to who wanted it more. Powell played with more heart and hungered for the win. The Falcons, well, they did not play to their potential and definitely did not play with Heart!

Now, as far as the taunting goes, that is a learned and tolerated behavior! There is always gonna be a kid that runs his mouth. For several team members to run their mouths and even the behavior and tolerance of behavior of some (not all) of the Powell Coaches, that was disappointing to watch! That is behavior that would NEVER be tolerated from a FULTON Coach. For as long as I can remember, our team has come together to reflect on the game and pray together on The Falcon! I think that any team deserves that respect on their Home Field. It is a tradition and is important rather we win or lose. How do I know this? It was taught to me by one of the Greatest Coaches in high school football!

Final thought...it came down to who wanted to win the most! The Falcons did not play to win and gave up early! The question is will we realize our mistakes and play with heart next week? Maybe we will be able to answer this questions after running a "few" hills this week! Go Falcons!