Dresden High School Lady Lions

vols25

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw dresden when they were in camp this summer here in waynesboro. They have solid guard play but not much else. I got a chance to see them when they played some of the district 12a teams. They were thumped by both waynesboro and perry county on two different occassions. They did play well and beat collinwood one game i believe, and i believe they beat adamsville, westmoreland, and someone else. They looked a lot better than west carroll who i believe is also in their district. If dresden is the best in that district, then it cannot be very tough. I know gleason is always good, and if they have anything at all, then they should be able to beat dresden based on what i seen out of them this summer. Good luck to them.

Edited by AB23

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree about camp not really meaning anything. Yes, you want to play well and win some games, but camps are about trying to find the right combinations that will play well on the floor and to get young players some experience. Dresden should win their district AND should compete and make it far in the regional tourney as well. They are very well coached and I know for a fact they have a few players that live and breathe basketball.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe with the leadership provided by their #1 coach....jana ring, they will be unbeatable. Look out gibson county...there is a new big dog in girl's basketball now. No! I'm not drinking! Joking hyper-sensative basketball fans. Dresden wins district because these girls work hard. Region is a toss up because there are many quality teams. If this insults the rest of the district.....so what! GO LIONS!

I believe with the leadership provided by their #1 coach....jana ring, they will be unbeatable. Look out gibson county...there is a new big dog in girl's basketball now. No! I'm not drinking! Joking hyper-sensative basketball fans. Dresden wins district because these girls work hard. Region is a toss up because there are many quality teams. If this insults the rest of the district.....so what! GO LIONS!

All I can say is there are a few teams in the other region that will have a big say about that..Lake Co,Greenfield and Bradford.And maybe Trenton,Union City etc..If Dresden were in District 14A,I personally feel like they would finish no higher than 4th..In my opinion ,Lake Co will be a better team than the past couple seasons even though they lost 3 very good players .People had better get use to hearing the name Tiana Gray.She has range from the outside.I'm talking about 5 feet from 3 point range.Probably is Lake Co's best shooter.And if she is fouled..believe she would make 8 or 9 out of 10.It's not just T.T. and Carnation Hart..Then there's Shamon Pearson,a sophomore.We'll see.!

All I can say is there are a few teams in the other region that will have a big say about that..Lake Co,Greenfield and Bradford.And maybe Trenton,Union City etc..If Dresden were in District 14A,I personally feel like they would finish no higher than 4th..In my opinion ,Lake Co will be a better team than the past couple seasons even though they lost 3 very good players .People had better get use to hearing the name Tiana Gray.She has range from the outside.I'm talking about 5 feet from 3 point range.Probably is Lake Co's best shooter.And if she is fouled..believe she would make 8 or 9 out of 10.It's not just T.T. and Carnation Hart..Then there's Shamon Pearson,a sophomore.We'll see.!

I don't think the previous post said anything negative toward any of those teams. Actually they said that they knew there were some really good teams in 14A. Why come on this thread and put down the team it is about and start building up Lake Co. I know as does everyone else that they have a great team.

Also I think most people thought that Gleason would finish no higher than 3rd or 4th in that district last year and we all know what happened. They won the region.

Good luck to all teams! should be a fun season to watch.

I don't think the previous post said anything negative toward any of those teams. Actually they said that they knew there were some really good teams in 14A. Why come on this thread and put down the team it is about and start building up Lake Co. I know as does everyone else that they have a great team.

Also I think most people thought that Gleason would finish no higher than 3rd or 4th in that district last year and we all know what happened. They won the region.

Good luck to all teams! should be a fun season to watch.

I didn't say anyone said anything negative.I also didn't say Dresden wasn't or aren't as good as the poster replied.I just said there will be some teams in District 14 to have a say in that.As a matter of fact..I kinda have a feeling that Union city may be pretty good this year.I know they have a good player returning and maybe with some of the younger girls up from the middle school blending is,they may surprise some people.I heard Dresden had a good team last year.But..don't believe they beat Lake Co,or Greenfield..or Bradford and I expect all these teams to be very good again this year.I could be wrong.I'm just saying...I think those teams will have a say about Dresden winning the region.Not that Dresden can't or won't win it.

Tell me in my post where I put down the team that this thread was about.I looked again and didn't see it.The poster said they thought Dresden would win the district and region and all I said was that I thought they would finish 4th.Didn't say they would.Said I thought..just like the poster thought Dresden would win it.But even in that..wasn't putting Dresden down.I just happen to think the teams I mentioned will be ranked in the top 10 in the stste.So again..point out where I put Dresden down?

Edited by mrbigster

I didn't say anyone said anything negative.I also didn't say Dresden wasn't or aren't as good as the poster replied.I just said there will be some teams in District 14 to have a say in that.As a matter of fact..I kinda have a feeling that Union city may be pretty good this year.I know they have a good player returning and maybe with some of the younger girls up from the middle school blending is,they may surprise some people.I heard Dresden had a good team last year.But..don't believe they beat Lake Co,or Greenfield..or Bradford and I expect all these teams to be very good again this year.I could be wrong.I'm just saying...I think those teams will have a say about Dresden winning the region.Not that Dresden can't or won't win it.

Tell me in my post where I put down the team that this thread was about.I looked again and didn't see it.The poster said they thought Dresden would win the district and region and all I said was that I thought they would finish 4th.Didn't say they would.Said I thought..just like the poster thought Dresden would win it.But even in that..wasn't putting Dresden down.I just happen to think the teams I mentioned will be ranked in the top 10 in the stste.So again..point out where I put Dresden down?

Maybe put down was the wrong wording to use. I've read the post about winning the District 3 times now to make sure I wasn't see things wrong. Nowhere did they say that Dresden would win the Region, said it was a toss-up.

My question is I guess why bring everything up about the other District when nothing about this post said anything about any of those teams.

I was trying to look to see if I could answer your question about if Dresden beat Lake Co., Bradford, or Greenfield. They didn't play Lake Co or Bradford (snow cancelled both games), and Greenfield beat them 2 times I believe, once in a close game and once in a blowout.

Dresden has to improve alot to win the region or compete to but they have everyone but 1 player back from last years team that had Humboldt on the ropes in the Region and Gleason in the District Championship game.