Loudon @ Alcoa

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa could have a let down after such an emotional and hard fought game last week with Maryville (it truly was a classic :thumb: ) and still win this game. IF the Tornadoes come in with some kind of chip on their shoulder about only beating Loudon by 21 last year, and play even close to the way they did against Maryville, then I believe the score will be lopsided. If anyone can keep the score within 3 touchdowns this year it will be surprising. IMHO Loudon, Fulton, and CAK have the best chance of keeping the Tornadoe starters on the field past half time until the playoffs begin, and that will probably hold true for most of their playoff games as well.

Loudon lost twice to Alcoa last year. 21-0 the first time and 21-3 the second go around. I dont think either game was a fluke, especially the second game when it was 14-3 in the 4th and Loudon had the ball. that was last year and moral victories mean nothing. Alcoa also needs to chip on their shoulder or motivation to prove anything.

Alcoa is stacked again as usual and Loudon is down from last year. I am certain they (Loudon) will not come out and simply roll over and play dead but i'm just not sure they will or can match up with that much talent.

I'll go with Loudon 7-6 because i just cant pick against them.

APB, since you brought up the recruiting word, what are the best neighborhoods to get talent out of in Blount Co. I figure since we'll be over that way friday night we'll try to pull some of your up and coming superstars out.

APB, since you brought up the recruiting word, what are the best neighborhoods to get talent out of in Blount Co. I figure since we'll be over that way friday night we'll try to pull some of your up and coming superstars out.

Just out of curiosity, what would you offer them??

Well, I guess a playoff apperance would be an incentive to the guys in south Blount.

Plus you got some cool unis and a Sonic across the street from the stadium....which is good.

Loudon lost twice to Alcoa last year. 21-0 the first time and 21-3 the second go around. I dont think either game was a fluke, especially the second game when it was 14-3 in the 4th and Loudon had the ball. that was last year and moral victories mean nothing. Alcoa also needs to chip on their shoulder or motivation to prove anything.

Alcoa is stacked again as usual and Loudon is down from last year. I am certain they (Loudon) will not come out and simply roll over and play dead but i'm just not sure they will or can match up with that much talent.

I'll go with Loudon 7-6 because i just cant pick against them.

If i were Loudon i would call in sick!

actually we have all these to offer to the parents so there kid would play for us... Viskase, The Honda Factory, Monterrey Mushrooms, maremont, and Staleys

So that is how you are luring all of the talent from Lenoir City and Greenback.

"Entrisin." :mrgreen:

And I thought it was just the cheesy tots.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

I'll have to keep our lucrative contract offers under the table and off of message boards. We have to come up with a better recruiting plan than you all have....you might counter our offer. We'll have to start small like Jerry McGuire and weed the Bob Sugar's out of here.

On a serious note...how many senior starters does Alcoa have and what is coming up behind them? Will you be reloaded again next year or is there a possible "down year" in sight?

This game will be very interesting. The last couple of years, Loudon has struggled to score on Alcoa. However, this year the strength of the team seems to be on offense with 4 returning OL. On the other hand, Loudon held Alcoa to 21 points twice last year, but lost a lot to graduation. To be candid, I don't expect the Loudon defense to stop Alcoa, but it will be interesting to see if Loudon's experienced line along with QB Plemmons can move the ball on Alcoa. Although Loudon lost stand-out lineman Chad Purdy to graduation, it looks like they are fully loaded on the OL and I would assume many / most would play both ways. Here's to hoping for a great game and no serious injuries.

Edited by Govolsknox

Totally agree a-town. Last year our coaching staff didnt do too much to help Tallants passing average. We had a stud at tight end and hardly used him. Most all passes seemed to be homerun attempts. It would be nice to open up the short screens which should loosen up the defense and ease some of the pounding our linemen and backs take on every play. Although they were great running the ball, it would be nice to take some of the pressure off our running attack. I also got tired of hearing how one deminsional we were. Im not complaining, it was nice to pound the rock against everyone with total dominance. It has been nice watching the passing attack so far. I think there is much more to come! Go Tornadoes!!!

Yeah I am not complaining about our running dominance but i believe that we could be even better if we utilized our atheletes in the passing game as well. I think that Tallant is athletic enough to use him in some of the ways that Rankin used Cobb. Play action fakes and role outs. Get him on the move and allow him to throw while rolling out. He doesn't have to be a 5 step drop back passer. Just utilize the tight ends and ISOM. I wonder if he Tallent can throw a 10 yard out to isom or a hitch. I would love to see some more creativity. But I know that is not typically Rankins style. They would just be a more complete team. I love them though and love the way they win. No complaints about that. So if they can't be more creative and still win than stick to ole faithful and pound that rock.