Humboldt @ Lake County

JungleJim125

Falconfan you did mention that LC beat McKenzie with Coach Ross on staff and his first year back on staff was Barger's last year and they beat Fayette Acad., everybody's pick to represent west tn in the state game in 06, as well as the best team TCA has ever had. Those are some quality wins. I give you a couple of things wild, 1 you do know how to get under people's skin and rile things up and two not just you but EVERYBODY in LC wants quality wins. That includes players and coaches. Maybe since you have so much insight to the game of football and can point out LC's weaknesses why not provide som solutions. How can they make those slow LBs faster?? What bout playing with NO LBs?? I know LC needs to play a 2-9 and play 9 DBs!! :roflol:

Come on Coach,lighten up.Lake Co falcon and you called off a couple games.I think it's a safe bet that neither game was won because of the defense.The McKenzie game was a shootout and can't remember the other game.Seems like it may be the game Lake Co scored at the last minute on a pass.As far as solutions,I have a couple.One is if Greg Ross wasnt coaching and ran everyone off,you'd have more players.There were about 45 players last year and by the end of the year was maybe 28.And most of them quit.Second,maybe show them the right technique and how to take the angle.You don't have to be that fast to make plays.Just have good instincts and be quick.I know a lot of players that are slow afoot but know how to make plays.I would thought Greg Ross would have shown them that,since he was an ALL Pro.!And maybe look at film and show them what they are doing wrong instead of being on Coach T worrying about the Wildbird.!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way,the linebackers are too slow and the kick coverage was terrible.I see Quan Cambell and the other backs killing Lake Co on a lot of long runs from the line of scrimmage and kickoffs.If Rickey Boyd and Ralfhael are on the field,maybe they'll be able to catch them after about 40 yards.Going to be a very long night for the line and watching Cambell run past the linebackers.The long touchdown Fulton scored on.I believe it was 3rd or 4th and long and the receiver beat the linebacker.And what kind of coaching.Down about 21-6 and having a 4th and about 23 yards for a 1st down.Hadn't made anything on the othe r3 plays Coach from Fulton Co.On the 34 yard line.Went for it and Lake Co got the ball and scored form a short field.May could see that if the score was 40-6.That was just plain stupid with having to get that much yardage.

My friend let me say this! Humboldt has alot of work to do the Vikings special teams stink i mean stink! Humboldt must work with their special teams. The snapper can't snap the ball and the holder can't hold the ball! The place kicker ain't much better they stink! Somewhere along the line if it don't get better it will get them beat in a big game! The Vikes better step it up a notch if they wan't to take the district! Also the punter is a bad real bad! :unsure:

Edited by zebra99

I know wardawg, every town has their village idiot. Im glad coach b is back. I like the offense he ran when LC had Brandon Springer and company. But of course its his first year back at LC and u cant change everything in a day and lcwild doesnt understand that. We were in the same boat with coach spivey, but we were really suprise he turned an 0-10 team into a 6-4 team in his first year, but we still aint where we would like to be right now. Good luck falcons against HBT.

The ole Bird knows more than you think.And Springer and Co was offense.And yes,I know he played on defense also.Lake Co has a good offense,as good as any in Single A.The defense has been terrible every year,once they played somebody.!Maybe Coach Barger is calling the shots on defense.I was in the stands last week.I guess I'll have to go to the sidelines to see if Coach Ross is yelling like a mad man like he has the past 2 or 3 seasons.Had a lot of players the past several years that werre better than what he played.I know.I was at a lot of the practices.And had a lot of players.I'll admit,maybe a little harder for Coach Barger this year with not having as many players.But Coach Ross is the reason for a lot of that.I know of about 5 players not playing because of him,and would wonder if some of the players ,about 5 in all went to Dyer Co because they knew they weren't going to be well coached.And some that played last year,never got a chance to play,one of them was a quarterback but never got to get off his helmet in practice,went to Dyersburg this year.If a coach isn't going to see what some of them can do in practice,how do you know?And again,this was last year,not Coach Barger.And to not ride the bus with the starters and watch film with the starters.I thought a team did things together.I know what went on and more than you think.And now Lake Co is suffering in numbers because of it.And with injuries and players quitting,may be down to 20 players before the year is over.At least this year,some of them will get to play,just because there aren't many players.

Edited by lcwildfalcon

Now hopefully,we can get back to Lake Co whiiping Humboldt Friday night.If Humboldt scores 40 points against Lake Co,the whole defense should run the length of the football field for every point scored .And do some demoting as far as coaches.Instead of players sitting on the bench,have a coach sit on the bench and watch and learn.Go Falcons

We are the real deal Devil alumni.You'll see.First this week and then when we play the Devils.We have a defensive master calling the shots.Greg Ross is the man.I just know Humboldt isn't going to score.Who are they anyway?Lake Co has a player on the team named Killem.That what the birds have been doing so far.!Woohoo..2-0 baby.Halls is 2-0 also.Congrats to them also.Two powerhouses baby.Get ready.Both are coming to your towns very soon.!

My friend did you know they are 5000 comedians out of work and you ain't funny! :roflol:

My friend let me say this! Humboldt has alot of work to do the Vikings special teams stink i mean stink! Humboldt must work with their special teams. The snapper can't snap the ball and the holder can't hold the ball! The place kicker ain't much better they stink! Somewhere along the line if it don't get better it will get them beat in a big game! The Vikes better step it up a notch if they wan't to take the district! Also the punter is a bad real bad! :unsure:

I haven't seen Humboldt but have heard they haver a lot of players and are a very good team.Not many teams in this area would beat Henry Co.Good luck this week.By the way.Some may think I'm a crazy person,but I'm not.I just don't think the Lake Co defense has been any good for several seasons and think Coach Ross is a lot of the reason for that by playing favorites.And so do a lot of others.I've read several comments on Tiptonville Topix.Having fun in a kinda bizarre way is way.!Good luck.!

Edited by lcwildfalcon

My friend did you know they are 5000 comedians out of work and you ain't funny! :roflol:

I actually like reading his post.I think he is funny.I wish someone would get on the Dyer Co posts and talk a lot of stuff..lol.Anyway.I don't think Lake Co is going to beat Humboldt and is going to be about 3 or 4 touchdowns.I saw them in the First Look and wasn't too impressed.And by the way,we like the boys from Lake Co that have come to Dyer Co this year.We have a really good team this year and next year will be even better.Only 3 seniors on the whole team.And Wild Falcon.if it does make you feel better at all,I have talked to a couple of the boys that have come and they told me they didn't like the Coach Ross guy either and didn't want to play for him.

This has turned out to be an interesting post.Started out being about Lake Co-Humboldt to split personalities,then to coaches,then to Dyer Co.Hopefully we can get back on track.I'm waiting to hear about the players that were hurt Friday night.I'm going to stick with Lake Co in an upset.I believe they can do some things offensively.from Sam Hays running when he needs to,Ricky Boyd running the ball,to throwing the ball to Cris Mills,Caleb Bledsoe or Ralfael Tyler.

This has turned out to be an interesting post.Started out being about Lake Co-Humboldt to split personalities,then to coaches,then to Dyer Co.Hopefully we can get back on track.I'm waiting to hear about the players that were hurt Friday night.I'm going to stick with Lake Co in an upset.I believe they can do some things offensively.from Sam Hays running when he needs to,Ricky Boyd running the ball,to throwing the ball to Cris Mills,Caleb Bledsoe or Ralfael Tyler.

Mrbigster let us know about the kids as soon as you hear ear anything! I hope they are all well and ready to play against Humboldt Friday night. Hate to see any kid hurt! :thumb:

I wouldn't think a small town paper would be able to pay you that good.Unless it has tie ins to Macie.Maybe it does.That's good for you,at least for now because the paper business is about to be extinct with the internet etc.But,you're right.The Humboldt game won't make or break Lake Co.All it will do is reinforce the fact that Lake Co is beating the poor teams.You know as wellas I do that Lake Co more than likely will go 7-3 but could also end up 5-5.And I'm pretty sure we think the same as everyone else does to which teams are more than likely a loss,and the other two as possible wins or losses.So.until Lake Co can beat Union City or Humboldt,or maybe even Trenton.well just like all the other seasons.beat some regular teams.

Wildman or woman how old are you, just curious. The defense has was terrible last year, I admit to that. I haven't been to a game this year so I can't comment on this year. Tackling techniqe was terrible. They just plain wouldn't hit somebody and put them in the dirt. Just liked reaching out and grabbing a guy and trying to pull him down except for the Rogers kid who played linebacker. He would flat put you down. I am not a coach I don't know if you can teach a kid that intensity. That giving up your body to make a tackle. I am sure that it hurts the tackler as well as the kid being tackled. That was what Falcons teams were known for ,vicious hitting, and many would say bordering on playing dirty. I don't think LC played dirty but opposing players on many teams would start fumbling very mysteriously when they were about to get hit. Pain can be a deterrent to holding on to the football. Ultimately the head coach is responsible for the teams play in my humble opinion. I believe Coach B is running this team....I am behind him 200%. Win Lose or Draw. He brought us back from oblivion before. He can do it again given the time. Patience is a virtue wildman......You should try it some time.........spellerone.....OUT.....

Edited by spellerone