Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really need a thread for this game? but anyway.... Any news on Lani and how long he'll be out with his knee injury?

Yes.. we need this thread and the Indians need this game. Central ia a passing team with arguably the best passing QB in the Conference. The DB Defense has not faced a passing team yet, so this will be good for the week of practice and the game... we need experience against a passing team. And, DB had way to many fumbles last week... we have things to work on.

1 Game at a time.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

I didn't really want to start this thread last year because of the bad start and it's one of those games you don't expect a lot of good to come out of.Work on the mistakes and take care of the scoreboard first and then get the young guys some work.Much the same as the Volunteer game last year when we lost our best player for e Maryville.I worried about turnovers when told of the new offense but I'm still happy about getting so much speed on the field.I told my Central friends months ago this could be ugly but the seats will be better if nothing else for them.I fully expect more of what my avatar shows and not much to get excited about from each teams standpoint.

I didn't really want to start this thread last year because of the bad start and it's one of those games you don't expect a lot of good to come out of.Work on the mistakes and take care of the scoreboard first and then get the young guys some work.Much the same as the Volunteer game last year when we lost our best player for e Maryville.I worried about turnovers when told of the new offense but I'm still happy about getting so much speed on the field.I told my Central friends months ago this could be ugly but the seats will be better if nothing else for them.I fully expect more of what my avatar shows and not much to get excited about from each teams standpoint.

Everybody says this Central QB is the best in the Big 8. I don't know, I just don't see it. I wouldn't trade Seabolt or Cook for two of him. Sorry. The only way this game is going to help us against future passing teams is if we lay back on Defense and give him time to throw. This might help geting our drfensive backs some experience defending against the pass. Otherwise the QB will be running for his life the whole game. We have two very big away games coming up after Central and we need some fine tuning in a hurry. Sevier Co. has destroyed their first two opponents. Probably the best team they had had in years and their very well coached.

The game plan for this Friday should be to run your offense as you normally would, but we might try to pass a little more to work on some things. I'm not going to guarentee a win because i remember going to Karnes a few years ago undefeated with home field advantage in the mix and getting beat. Wow, we did'nt even get off the bus that night. But anyway, i think if we get up by four scores we need to put in the second team and give them some work. This week we will definately find us a punt returned. Foreman, Cannon, Steele, Seabolt or Swafford. Any and all should be given a chance to see what they've got. Just as long as we've got one. Foreman looked good last week and almost broke one. Cannon looked good as well but did'nt have much blocking. Lets keep everyone healthy this week and continue to Roll Tribe Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something about four scores reminds me of Mcminn co.It could just be that I thought we should have won by four scores.Than again there is the big lead at South that we didn't hold up as much as I would have liked last year.I want to crush anyone we can and keep the peddle down with the backups and not let it get closer.If they leave their starters in and start cutting into our lead,go for their throat.Waco is 100% correct about Sevier co. being a well coached team.Their offensive line will be the best coached our defense will see this year outside of practice. They are the last team this side of knoxville to win it all,and it didn't happen from lack of players or coaches.I'm not overlooking Central,because if enough stars lined up,it could happen.I just think it would take a lot of turnovers as we have had.Flags like we have seen cost us a game or two in the past,and maybe throw in another flu bug like we had in a game last year.I wouldn't trade Seabolt for anyone to run our offense.

All I saw Centrals QB do at North was run for his life X that times 10 and that's what he'll see Friday night.He did well Friday when he had just a little time.Central has no business being in the big 8. It makes loosers out of some very good players. They would be a good solid team in a few years playing down in 3A or 4A. The TSSAA needs to open their eyes and not blindly go by student #s. Good Luck to BOTH teams and play safe.

All I saw Centrals QB do at North was run for his life X that times 10 and that's what he'll see Friday night.He did well Friday when he had just a little time.Central has no business being in the big 8. It makes loosers out of some very good players. They would be a good solid team in a few years playing down in 3A or 4A. The TSSAA needs to open their eyes and not blindly go by student #s. Good Luck to BOTH teams and play safe.

Your right .I don't know if Central had a choice or not{being in the big 8}.It would be nice for those kids to play more evenly matched games throughout the year.

Edited by BatmanDB

Central's QB is the best QB in the state of Tennessee period! You saw the Jamboree didn't you? If he has time to throw against DB he will beat DB! He has the receivers too!