Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

dbindian11

Something about four scores reminds me of Mcminn co.It could just be that I thought we should have won by four scores.Than again there is the big lead at South that we didn't hold up as much as I would have liked last year.I want to crush anyone we can and keep the peddle down with the backups and not let it get closer.If they leave their starters in and start cutting into our lead,go for their throat.Waco is 100% correct about Sevier co. being a well coached team.Their offensive line will be the best coached our defense will see this year outside of practice. They are the last team this side of knoxville to win it all,and it didn't happen from lack of players or coaches.I'm not overlooking Central,because if enough stars lined up,it could happen.I just think it would take a lot of turnovers as we have had.Flags like we have seen cost us a game or two in the past,and maybe throw in another flu bug like we had in a game last year.I wouldn't trade Seabolt for anyone to run our offense.

If the leed drops below four scores then you put the starters back in . That means to stay up by four scores the entire game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And uh, please don't remind me of that Mcminn Co. game. I don't ever want to relive that game again.Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central's QB is the best QB in the state of Tennessee period! You saw the Jamboree didn't you? If he has time to throw against DB he will beat DB! He has the receivers too!

Best QB in the state of Tennessee? I would take Seabolt or Cook rather than Central's QB. And yes i did see the jamboree but the jamboree means nothing..its a way to make money and just something for fans to go to.

Your right .I don't know if Central had a choice or not{being in the big 8}.It would be nice for those kids to play more evenly matched games throughout the year.

Come on guys. It's not a perfect world no matter how much we want it to be. For every winner, there has to be a loser. Central is playing in the classification that they should be in. It is their job to develop a winning program. Central has more students than South and I don't see anybody feeling sorry for the Rebs because they are 0-2. I guess it's because they have been fortunate to win big the last 6 years with fewer students. Central needs to schedule some smaller, non-conference teams like Unicoi Co.,Unaka, Cloudland etc. until they get a feel for winning some. Now if you want to complain about the TSSAA making Central and South play in a league with Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett you are crying out for justice.

Crawdad,I kind of put South in a boat like DB was in last year.They have played some good teams and will be back.I put Central in a different boat,it's more like the SS minnow after the three hour tour and it doesn't look like they have any plans to be rescued.You are allso right though,it's up to Central to fix the ship under the Tssaa setup.

Edited by BatmanDB

Central's QB is the best QB in the state of Tennessee period! You saw the Jamboree didn't you? If he has time to throw against DB he will beat DB! He has the receivers too!

If If's and Buts were candies and nuts Central would have a Merry Season!

Best QB in the State of TN is a VERY BOLD STATEMENT. If you haven't figured this out yet, Jamborees are a glorified scrimmage. I really hope you were joking with this comment.

Roll Tribe!

Come on guys. It's not a perfect world no matter how much we want it to be. For every winner, there has to be a loser. Central is playing in the classification that they should be in. It is their job to develop a winning program. Central has more students than South and I don't see anybody feeling sorry for the Rebs because they are 0-2. I guess it's because they have been fortunate to win big the last 6 years with fewer students. Central needs to schedule some smaller, non-conference teams like Unicoi Co.,Unaka, Cloudland etc. until they get a feel for winning some. Now if you want to complain about the TSSAA making Central and South play in a league with Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett you are crying out for justice.

Many Moons ago Central was the county power house ( before South was built) and the DB Central game was THE GAME, but things change.Back in 76 or 77 Ketron beat DB at DB and did not allow their O to score.So changes are not new to Sullivan Co sports, and what is about to happen again is not new.County schools are going to get smaller and smaller until they are gone. I may be wrong but I thought when the TSSAA regrouped every one Central was the smallest Big 8 school.North can't wait to have Central and South back in our classification when we are all the same size. Being a 600 or so child school in the Big 10 just about ruined the Raider Football program.An 8 or 10 team confrence with all the teams winning it all from time to time would be fun.Back in the beginning the North South game was always fun. It is real hard to build a winning program when the best middle school players go some where else in hopes of playing at the next level.You can't blame them. Getting the crap beat out of you 10 games SUCKS. I have always said I don't care to get beat on the field but I don't want to know the winner before kickoff. Nothing bright is ahead for the county schools in Sullivan Co. The South crowd needs to know their days of running with the big dogs is about over, and I don't say this in a mean way, its just the way it is.South has had a great run but you can't stay on top with a school that is getting smaller.If I have to send my kids to a 2500 child school to say I am a big dog I'll just stay on the porch. Good Luck to all the schools in Sullivan Co.

Many Moons ago Central was the county power house ( before South was built) and the DB Central game was THE GAME, but things change.Back in 76 or 77 Ketron beat DB at DB and did not allow their O to score.So changes are not new to Sullivan Co sports, and what is about to happen again is not new.County schools are going to get smaller and smaller until they are gone. I may be wrong but I thought when the TSSAA regrouped every one Central was the smallest Big 8 school.North can't wait to have Central and South back in our classification when we are all the same size. Being a 600 or so child school in the Big 10 just about ruined the Raider Football program.An 8 or 10 team confrence with all the teams winning it all from time to time would be fun.Back in the beginning the North South game was always fun. It is real hard to build a winning program when the best middle school players go some where else in hopes of playing at the next level.You can't blame them. Getting the crap beat out of you 10 games SUCKS. I have always said I don't care to get beat on the field but I don't want to know the winner before kickoff. Nothing bright is ahead for the county schools in Sullivan Co. The South crowd needs to know their days of running with the big dogs is about over, and I don't say this in a mean way, its just the way it is.South has had a great run but you can't stay on top with a school that is getting smaller.If I have to send my kids to a 2500 child school to say I am a big dog I'll just stay on the porch. Good Luck to all the schools in Sullivan Co.

Agree with everything stated here raiderdad. You are correct that at reclassification 2 years ago Central was the smallest in conference with South close behind by about 40 students. Out of approximately 60 teams in the new 5A, Central was next to last in, South was 5th to last in. The most recent numbers I'm told have Central at 1111 and South at 1014. Kingsport is holding us by the throat with nibble and swallow annexation, but ironically, they will lose their favorite whipping boy by reclassification time due to their own policies.

You are right that the Sullivan County schools should never have been subdivided by the TSSAA unless North wanted out due to the smaller size. Unfortunately there is no TSSAA representative east of Morristown to give us any support. They will manipulate the system to make them the most money no matter how unfair to certain schools. The kids at schools like Central are the ones who end up suffering for their greed.

Agree with everything stated here raiderdad. You are correct that at reclassification 2 years ago Central was the smallest in conference with South close behind by about 40 students. Out of approximately 60 teams in the new 5A, Central was next to last in, South was 5th to last in. The most recent numbers I'm told have Central at 1111 and South at 1014. Kingsport is holding us by the throat with nibble and swallow annexation, but ironically, they will lose their favorite whipping boy by reclassification time due to their own policies.

You are right that the Sullivan County schools should never have been subdivided by the TSSAA unless North wanted out due to the smaller size. Unfortunately there is no TSSAA representative east of Morristown to give us any support. They will manipulate the system to make them the most money no matter how unfair to certain schools. The kids at schools like Central are the ones who end up suffering for their greed.

Alcoa is smaller than South, Central, North etc. How come their so good every year. Probably the best team in the state this year, all classifcations.

Alcoa is smaller than South, Central, North etc. How come their so good every year. Probably the best team in the state this year, all classifcations.

Because they are west of Morristown? I think you know the answer WaCo. Anyone that understands open enrollment,city school budgets, and established state championship football programs with loads of opportunities for underprivileged youth to gain college educations might have some bearin on it. It is a profound question however.

You are spot on about the TSSAA. Being in 3a gives you a good look at how it is set up. No matter what we do up here come playoff time it is a short ride. Alcoa being with us is mind boggling, #s can't be every thing. A nondistriced school wipes out every thing you have done in a great season of hard work and blood in the blink of an eye, and I don't blame Alcoa in any way. Their great program works with the set up the TSSAA gives them, but how can the TSSAA look us in the eye and say that it is fair to our kids?We would need to pick from every player in this county to play with them and it would still take years of foundation work. The last time we played DB at DB I watched their QB throw a 60 yd rope for a TD then on the kick off he busted our wedge to get to our runner. We lost 3 boys that night along with our OB ( broken leg) I wanted out THEN.

Crawdad,I kind of put South in a boat like DB was in last year.They have played some good teams and will be back.I put Central in a different boat,it's more like the SS minnow after the three hour tour and it doesn't look like they have any plans to be rescued.You are allso right though,it's up to Central to fix the ship under the Tssaa setup.

Hey Batman the difference between your ship and Souths is you could always see the shore, the Kingsport wind is blowing Souths ship out to sea.

Edited by 02raiderdad

Because they are west of Morristown? I think you know the answer WaCo. Anyone that understands open enrollment,city school budgets, and established state championship football programs with loads of opportunities for underprivileged youth to gain college educations might have some bearin on it. It is a profound question however.

What about those small schools over in Southwest Va.? Nothing special going on over there. Some of them struggle to buy uniforms for all the players. Powell Valley, Gate City, Richlands and some years Appalacaha. All are good enough to beat alot of the 3,4, & 5A schools in upper east tn. Gate City has been down for a couple years but they used to beat Tennessee High & North every time they played. You guys need to quite whinning and start doing something about the problem. As for as open enrollment goes we might as well have it here. We've got players moving all over the place in the Tri-Cities area.