ROCKWOOD @ GREENBACK

kees101

T2F,we're in the same boat cant really justify those wins yet,looking forward to just being better this year,but i dont think this will be an easy W for either team,cannot compare last year we had a total joke for an offensive coordinator couldnt even get the snap off without delay of games,WE ARE MUCH BETTER COACHED this year,they will be much more competetive.should be a good night for district games to start no prediction here,just hoping to have a good game to build on.Good luck to all and hope every one stays healthy!

While I believe GB will give RW more of a look than SW did, I still don't think they will know where they're at until the following week @ Kingston.

Looking forward to a good game, and hopefully some cooler weather Friday night in Loudon County.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback has looked good (from what I hear) in scrimmages and so far this year. Nice return to the top of single A rankings Kees. Rockwood is physical, and were BIG last year. Not sure what they have this year, wpasi or others can help us with that.

This is another District 3 game that will be one of the better games. District 3 remains the toughest district in single A in the state!

See both of you guys in a few weeks. Best of luck and a safe game this Friday.

Bottom line is this:

We won't know anything till the game is over. But win or lose GB is a different team from last few years. Both coordinators are new. Offense will score and execute much better than last year. The defensive coordinator is a sharp coach who knows how to get the best players where they need to be. This team has a bright future with so much talent in the younger classes and so many more on the way.

I dont see greenback being able to improve as much as everyone says they have over one year. But who knows, Rockwood lost 3 key off lineman last year but bring back a lot of kids that got a lot of playing time last year. They bring back 2 good backs, and bring back the qb who can throw the ball really well. And there D is faster than they was last year, but not as much bulk upfront on the d line. But i see this game about like last years.

Rockwood 31

Greenback 14

I dont see greenback being able to improve as much as everyone says they have over one year. But who knows, Rockwood lost 3 key off lineman last year but bring back a lot of kids that got a lot of playing time last year. They bring back 2 good backs, and bring back the qb who can throw the ball really well. And there D is faster than they was last year, but not as much bulk upfront on the d line. But i see this game about like last years.

Rockwood 31

Greenback 14

You may be correct bigstick#1 but I think that Greenback has 3 pretty good rb's in the Seymore kids and also Tanner Miller. You throw in there QB transfer from Alcoa and they have some pretty good backs of there on. I'm not sure who wins this one but it may be whomever has the ball last. Good luck to both teams hope it is close one.

Edited by jackinthebox

Rockwood 31

Greenback 14

bigstick, I can see where you are coming from but considering all the changes that has happened at GB over the last year I can say that without a doubt this team is much improved over last years squad. Can they beat RW? I don"t know I haven't seen them this year. Will RW win in a runaway shutout like last year? I doubt it but then again maybe they have improved just as much. I do think that GB will play them better and be much more physical than last years bunch. While stopping the Seymour brothers would be my primary concern I wouldn't forget about Miller or Williams they are both capable of taking it to the house at any time and if our receivers can't get open look for Goodson aka the transfer from Alcoa to pull it and take off.

as for the defense? really they are not overly big but very very quick and play assignment football.

prediction- GB 35

RW 21

bigstick, I can see where you are coming from but considering all the changes that has happened at GB over the last year I can say that without a doubt this team is much improved over last years squad. Can they beat RW? I don"t know I haven't seen them this year. Will RW win in a runaway shutout like last year? I doubt it but then again maybe they have improved just as much. I do think that GB will play them better and be much more physical than last years bunch. While stopping the Seymour brothers would be my primary concern I wouldn't forget about Miller or Williams they are both capable of taking it to the house at any time and if our receivers can't get open look for Goodson aka the transfer from Alcoa to pull it and take off.

as for the defense? really they are not overly big but very very quick and play assignment football.

prediction- GB 35

RW 21

The more i read what you guy's say about GB....the more i think the 2 teams are mirror images of each other...thus game could be a slugfest....hoping to see a good injury free game

The more i read what you guy's say about GB....the more i think the 2 teams are mirror images of each other...thus game could be a slugfest....hoping to see a good injury free game

T24 It's been stated on here earlier that neither team has been tested yet. I hope regardless of the outcome that both teams can not say that after Friday night. Win or lose it only makes you better when you play good competition. You guys have a safe trip over.