CAK vs Stone Memorial

FootballDad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are my old buddies at CAK?

Sure wish we were on the second year of a contract of you all coming over here 2 yrs in a row.

Good luck....esp with Alcoa..........when they fall.....welllllll....look out

Hello Bulldog! Hope your boys at Page are doing well and have a great season. Maybe one of these days we'll get a chance to see the Warriors and the Patriots lock horns again. Now as far as CAK playing AT Page 2 years in a row........we'll have to see about that.

CAK 28 Stone 14! i think CAK is playing down to there opponents level right now a little.. Just playing a little sloopy at times but its still very early in the season and they are 2 0! They will start to improve and have complete games on both sides of the ball and i think it will start this week against stone

This game is interesting. IMO, this is the first game this year that CAK could potentially lose. Don't get me wrong, on paper CAK is the better team and deserves to be the favorite. But there are several things that concern me. While CAK dominated last year, I felt like the Stone offense looked dangerous. I expect their offensive line to be dramatically better than last year and should be the strongest part of the team. I look forward to seeing how CAK's DT's (67 Fortner, 75 Powers, and 71 Fritts) match up against Stones best lineman, guard Zaine Idema (6-2 260). Stone also has good size with the center Burress (6-2 270), Swafford at OT at (6-2 245), and OT Webb (6-2 270.) On defense, Stone's Matt Donnan DE (6-2 200), and Donny Jackson LB (6-0 200) return and were all district last year.

I expect CAK's offense to click on all cylinders and put up enough points to get the job done. I also think CAK's defense will pull together and get the Panthers stopped and off the field. HOWEVER, if CAK's offense has a relapse of the turnover and penalty bug, and the defense has trouble with Stones mis-direction, this game could be much tighter than some expect. I expect Stone to give the Warriors several things to defend against.

I'll hold off on my score prediction until later in the week.

How are my old buddies at CAK?

Sure wish we were on the second year of a contract of you all coming over here 2 yrs in a row.

Good luck....esp with Alcoa..........when they fall.....welllllll....look out

Good to hear from you ole dog! I've trolled the Page threads a time or two this year but never posted. Congrats on that big Lipscomb win! Is PistPatriot still around? I know how close you 2 were :roflol:

Talk to your AD, I'm absolutely sure we are going to have a hard time finding opponents next year and maybe we can hook up again. But I'm positive our AD will not agree to the sweet deal we got last time with Page coming here 2 years in a row.

Stay in touch. :thumb:

CAK 28 Stone 14! i think CAK is playing down to there opponents level right now a little.. Just playing a little sloopy at times but its still very early in the season and they are 2 0! They will start to improve and have complete games on both sides of the ball and i think it will start this week against stone

I certainly couldn't disagree with your assessment. Lets see how the boys play against Stone. I expect the Panthers to bring in a much better team than what they had last year. I still don't believe they can handle our passing game, but CAK's question is if they can reduce the penalties and turnovers, and defensively if we can start getting some 3 and outs.

This game is interesting. IMO, this is the first game this year that CAK could potentially lose. Don't get me wrong, on paper CAK is the better team and deserves to be the favorite. But there are several things that concern me. While CAK dominated last year, I felt like the Stone offense looked dangerous. I expect their offensive line to be dramatically better than last year and should be the strongest part of the team. I look forward to seeing how CAK's DT's (67 Fortner, 75 Powers, and 71 Fritts) match up against Stones best lineman, guard Zaine Idema (6-2 260). Stone also has good size with the center Burress (6-2 270), Swafford at OT at (6-2 245), and OT Webb (6-2 270.) On defense, Stone's Matt Donnan DE (6-2 200), and Donny Jackson LB (6-0 200) return and were all district last year.

I expect CAK's offense to click on all cylinders and put up enough points to get the job done. I also think CAK's defense will pull together and get the Panthers stopped and off the field. HOWEVER, if CAK's offense has a relapse of the turnover and penalty bug, and the defense has trouble with Stones mis-direction, this game could be much tighter than some expect. I expect Stone to give the Warriors several things to defend against.

Good post GVK. I too believe Stone's strength is their offensive line. If our D line and middle backers will play to their capabilities they can handle this challenge. I know the coaches are focused on that. I'm not sure Stone has the big threat in the backfield or at receiver to put a scare into the defense, but they are capable of grinding out first downs and chewing up the clock, which is effective in keeping a team in the ball game. I don't expect the Panther D to roll over, I'm sure they will play hard, but I just don't see them slowing down the passing attack of the Warrior unless we are still dealing with penalties and turnovers like we have in the first 2 games.

Talk to your AD, I'm absolutely sure we are going to have a hard time finding opponents next year and maybe we can hook up again. But I'm positive our AD will not agree to the sweet deal we got last time with Page coming here 2 years in a row.

Stay in touch. :thumb:

I would love to see AC vs CAK. AC pass attack against CAK. AC QB will have thrown for 1,000 yards in first two games this season scoring over a 100points.....

Match-ups are always interesting.....

I too think it is a good win for stone. However the opinion on LA is not ignorant. Being ignorant requires a lack of information. I have information. Therefore, not Ignorant. Disagreeable yes, but other than york and cannon county there are no easy games on their schedule that they would be the favorite in imho. We both know that Stone should have won by a bit more, but due to turnovers it stayed close.

I originally said Stone is not as good as the class of this league, and I stick by that statement especially with breeden being out. In no way did I say stone was a bad team. This could possibly be the best team that stone has ever had. I would not be surprised at all to see them around the .500 mark. As for the la game, was the LA win good for stone? Yes, they managed to find a way to win despite turnovers, but they cannot afford to make those same mistakes against the likes of CAK, Loudon, and Alcoa. They do not have the talent that these other teams do. Until they prove themselves against one of the top tier teams of this league, I have no reason to believe they are one of the top tier teams.

You're talking as if Stone has been a top tier program for years. I do agree that Stone could have won bigger, but if that phantom PI call isn't made, does that break the game open for LA? Yes it does. You do lack knowledge of the situation, because you have only been to see LA on times they have played you. All in all, Stone is good. Yes.

As for top tier, look at LA from the mid 90's to 2005. The SEC got them in 06-08. In 2009, you know the story (41-0). One gold ball along the way, too.

F5

I would love to see AC vs CAK. AC pass attack against CAK. AC QB will have thrown for 1,000 yards in first two games this season scoring over a 100points.....

Great idea. If we made this a tv game as well we could set a record for the length of a high school football game, ha! I bet you would have to pay the refs overtime pay to get them to commit to doing that game.

You're talking as if Stone has been a top tier program for years. I do agree that Stone could have won bigger, but if that phantom PI call isn't made, does that break the game open for LA? Yes it does. You do lack knowledge of the situation, because you have only been to see LA on times they have played you. All in all, Stone is good. Yes.

As for top tier, look at LA from the mid 90's to 2005. The SEC got them in 06-08. In 2009, you know the story (41-0). One gold ball along the way, too.

F5

Wrong again, I am pretty aware of how they have been historically, I have friends that live there, but thanks for assuming wrong though. Oh and I have seen them play quite a few times when they were in the old district. I never said one time they were historically bad, I am pretty aware of their previous record. But that is enough about them. This is a stone/cak stread, good luck to the boys in black and gold, maybe they will prove me wrong.