CAK vs Stone Memorial

FootballDad

I agree with the last post our D did look real good against Oak Ridge, here is my take on this weeks game, the offense is playing well enough to win but they need to eliminate the turnovers which I think they will, that offensive line should take over the line of scrimmage and Epperly should have a good day his recievers can really catch the ball, the defense is big strong and solid, but they have not played up to their potential yet but I think that changes this week. I heard that 67 will be playing a bit more defensive end which I think is a good thing that kid can play and he can run for a big guy. The defensive tackles 75 and 71 are both big and strong and they should do well against Stone. I also know that 67 will also play tackle and 78 and 39 will also be playing alot that seems to be a good 5 man rotation. One question is can 71 and 75 also play defensive end or are they best right where they are? Maybe someone with more knowledge of these kids can help me out. The rest of the defense has to play better also linebackers are moving but there are missed tackles from them and the d backs are running well but missing tackles as well, but like I said I think this week they put it together and play well. Go Warriors

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha football dad i don't think you need to speculate too much who i am. with a name like college wrestler it could be only two people, but whenever i can i'll stop by. how's the run d looking cause that's what was crucial last year in this game? tell my ol lb buddy he better be knocking some people out especially on kickoff cover

cak should run away with this one if they play how they can play. regardless if they play their best are not though i see cak winning this cause i just don't see stone getting that much better. haha maybe if stone starts recruiting from that state champion girls wrestling team they could compete. haha those girls were more intense and athletic than any guy stone put out last year

Well this comment sounds a bit like "looking down" but it's all in good fun. Having lived in Crossville all of my life, I can tell you it's tough to compete in a school system that basically does "NOTHING" for the football programs at Stone or CCHS. I think coach Watt has worked miracles with a school that has played only 4 varsity seasons. All of which were without a weight room. This being only his second season. Remember this is just an observation, none of which is intended to cause controversy or animosity. Private school dollars and pulling from Knox county has got to be an advantage. I played on the last team to make it to the playoffs in Crossville in 1982, until Coach Watt took the Jets in the 90s. So yeah its tough. One thing I can promise you, regardless of the score on Friday night, YOU WILL KNOW WE HAVE BEEN THERE.

Well this comment sounds a bit like "looking down" but it's all in good fun. Having lived in Crossville all of my life, I can tell you it's tough to compete in a school system that basically does "NOTHING" for the football programs at Stone or CCHS. I think coach Watt has worked miracles with a school that has played only 4 varsity seasons. All of which were without a weight room. This being only his second season. Remember this is just an observation, none of which is intended to cause controversy or animosity. Private school dollars and pulling from Knox county has got to be an advantage. I played on the last team to make it to the playoffs in Crossville in 1982, until Coach Watt took the Jets in the 90s. So yeah its tough. One thing I can promise you, regardless of the score on Friday night, YOU WILL KNOW WE HAVE BEEN THERE.

haha just jokes but all of cak's money comes souly from tuition and donation so none is pulled from knox county besides cak has come a long way with nothing period especially in football untill only recently so don't think they had some cake walk building the program

I hope lots of Panther fans can make it to the game tomorrow night. It's an easy 1 hour drive right on 40 the entire way. Address is 529 Academy Way, Knoxville.

Directions can be found here:

http://www.christianacademyofknoxville.org/about/location.html

Come a few minutes early and get an excellent grilled burger or a Chick Fil A. You'll enjoy a small stadium with very nice facilities and a great atmosphere. You'll find the CAK family to be very friendly.

Blackcat and Pantherproud, hope you guys have a safe trip over.

Edited by Govolsknox

PP hope you make it up I-40 tomorrow for some Friday Night Lights. Grab you a fresh grilled burger, Chickfila, and some bananna pudding :hungry: CAK is a quaint friendly place to watch a game. Should be a could contest between contrasting styles of play. Sure sounds like Stone is improving. But I'm not buying the "poor little us Cumberland Co. boys" stuff. I've been on and inside your college campus style school. Wow, what a facility! It puts our itty bitty campus to shame. Also, we only have 417 students, less than 200 of them are males. When you put that into play with no scholarships to recruit those "street tough" guys you need on a football team, then you start to see how hard it is for the CAK staff to be competitive, much less win. So if CAK wins it wont be because of any Knox Co. or private school money advantages. And if Stone wins it wont be because all of us big city millionairs felt sorry for all the country boys from Cumberland Co. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game and safe travel for our friends from Stone :thumb:

I guess I'll go out on a limb and make a score prediction. I'd like to pick with my heart and say CAK 42 / Stone Memorial 7. I do think it's possible for the Warriors to put it all together and run away with the game, not because Stone isn't a good team that's made major improvement, but because I believe I know what this Warrior team is capable of THIS year with these players and coaches.

Having said that, so far CAK has been too inconsistent. Turnovers, penalties (many of which were mental), inconsistent defensive play, all lead me to suggest a much closer score. If the defense can get the ball back and the offense can avoid turnovers, I believe CAK will be able to move the ball very effectively and score a lot of points. But Stone has the type of offense that can chew up clock and limit CAK's offensive possessions and I believe their offensive line could be a difficult match up unless we step up from last week's game against Seymour.

So, based on what I've seen so far, I will predict a CAK 28 / Stone 14 score. But, if the Warriors put a full game together, all bets are off.

Go Warriors!

PP hope you make it up I-40 tomorrow for some Friday Night Lights. Grab you a fresh grilled burger, Chickfila, and some bananna pudding :hungry: CAK is a quaint friendly place to watch a game. Should be a could contest between contrasting styles of play. Sure sounds like Stone is improving. But I'm not buying the "poor little us Cumberland Co. boys" stuff. I've been on and inside your college campus style school. Wow, what a facility! It puts our itty bitty campus to shame. Also, we only have 417 students, less than 200 of them are males. When you put that into play with no scholarships to recruit those "street tough" guys you need on a football team, then you start to see how hard it is for the CAK staff to be competitive, much less win. So if CAK wins it wont be because of any Knox Co. or private school money advantages. And if Stone wins it wont be because all of us big city millionairs felt sorry for all the country boys from Cumberland Co. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game and safe travel for our friends from Stone :thumb:

Point taken. I'll meet you in front of the concession stand and I'll let you buy me grilled burger! :thumb:

I agree with the last post our D did look real good against Oak Ridge, here is my take on this weeks game, the offense is playing well enough to win but they need to eliminate the turnovers which I think they will, that offensive line should take over the line of scrimmage and Epperly should have a good day his recievers can really catch the ball, the defense is big strong and solid, but they have not played up to their potential yet but I think that changes this week. I heard that 67 will be playing a bit more defensive end which I think is a good thing that kid can play and he can run for a big guy. The defensive tackles 75 and 71 are both big and strong and they should do well against Stone. I also know that 67 will also play tackle and 78 and 39 will also be playing alot that seems to be a good 5 man rotation. One question is can 71 and 75 also play defensive end or are they best right where they are? Maybe someone with more knowledge of these kids can help me out. The rest of the defense has to play better also linebackers are moving but there are missed tackles from them and the d backs are running well but missing tackles as well, but like I said I think this week they put it together and play well. Go Warriors

I will take a stab. I think you will likely only see 71 and 75 at DT on defense, with 71 playing potentially LT or Center on offense. 75 will likely see limited snaps on offense at tight end in a goal line or heavy configuration. 71 has been a really nice addition IMO to this Warrior defense. He is versatile and IMO has played extremely well.

I don't claim to be a coach and I respect CAK's coaching staff, but I also have a history of stating my opinion right or wrong. I think this is a perfect match up to see more of 67 at DE with 71 and 75 getting the bulk of the PT at DT and 78 getting alot of work at the other DE, and mixing in 39 to spell 67 who is the only Warrior seeing a lot of time both ways. 67 is our most versatile DL, and adds substantial strength and size to the DE position against a run oriented team. I also think this is an ideal match up to see 45 get substantial playing time at OLB along with 18. While I'm not a coach, I saw enough in pre-season to believe 45 on defense and 17 on offense deserve some meaningful snaps. While I'm not suggesting they should start, I firmly believe they can contribute enough to be rotated in with the ones. JMO

Point taken. I'll meet you in front of the concession stand and I'll let you buy me grilled burger! :thumb:

Sounds great. Of course a lot of us will be wearing blue, so will I, along with a blue CAK cap. I'll try to look around the concession stand area for someone from Stone that, well, looks like they are looking for someone. Heres an idea, there is a large cross beside the field with a large stone with scripturre just below it. Stand near that stone around 7PM and I'll find you, "break some bread" with you at the concession stands, and welcome you to CAK. Looking forward to seeing you. :thumb:

i think that all the current positions on the o line have done a good job. (scrimages) and games. I believe the defense front does a good job and the only time that i have wondered was against West in the jamboree. My concern is not the o.l.or d.l., it is the defensive backfield. I havent seen much consistancy and am not sure how they will hold up against top calibar teams. I am sure #71 can fill in on the offense in case of injury, but am happy with the current line we have. Also, #71 brings a stronger presence to the defense and #67 at de would be nice. I would take a look at #45 again, he seems to have a strong deire to get back on the field. After the game tonight, we will feel better about defense but more experienced and stronger competition is on the way.