CAK vs Stone Memorial

FootballDad

Stone travels to CAK for the first district game for both teams. Both teams are 2-0 and eager to get a good start in the district standings. Last years game was over by halftime, but this year the Panthers are confident and playing much better football. CAK has never really been threatened in either of its first two games, but they haven't executed as well at times on offense or defense as some expected. What are your thoughts on how this one will play out?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone travels to CAK for the first district game for both teams. Both teams are 2-0 and eager to get a good start in the district standings. Last years game was over by halftime, but this year the Panthers are confident and playing much better football. CAK has never really been threatened in either of its first two games, but they haven't executed as well at times on offense or defense as some expected. What are your thoughts on how this one will play out?

You are right, the O and D have not exactly been hitting on all cylinders but they have played good enough to win. This week I think the D gets it together and lays the wood to Stone, but to do that they need to eliminate the flags and they need a few more 3 and out. On the O side of the ball same thing they don't need the flags to fly and need to cut down the turnovers. All in all I think we will see a much more intense bunch this week, the games are going to start getting a little more difficult as we get into the meat of the schedule. Go Warriors

Stone has got better and they are 2-0, but not enough to compete with the class of this district.There two wins are against york and LA. York is awful this year. They have been beaten by 36pts both games and LA is really yound and inexperienced. Neither team is close to the level they were at last year. Cak has too much talent and athleticism for stone. Cak will win by 28+

Stone has got better and they are 2-0, but not enough to compete with the class of this district.There two wins are against york and LA. York is awful this year. They have been beaten by 36pts both games and LA is really yound and inexperienced. Neither team is close to the level they were at last year. Cak has too much talent and athleticism for stone. Cak will win by 28+

Angel, I hope you're right. I wasn't aware that York and LA were both down this year, I knew they had good squads last year, and it really caught all us Warrior fans (and players too) attention when we saw Stone had beat them both. Seems like you have some first hand knowledge of the Panthers. Are they still primarily running the double wing, wing t, type of offense like they did last year? Do they have any "home run" threats this year?

Simply amazing how 2 wins can be minimized to the other teams being so terrible.

Simply amazing how 2 wins can be minimized to the other teams being so terrible.

A "W" is a "W" regardless if the opponents were good or bad. I can assure you that the coaches and players at CAK are well aware of the progress Stone has made and are not taking them lightly. The Warriors are capable of being an outstanding team this season but have yet to play a game consistantly on both sides of the ball. This is an important game for CAK not only because it is a district game but because they need to show they are capable of playing a complete game without all the turnovers, penalties and that they can stay focused for 4 qtrs.

Not trying to knock stone, just stating the wins against la and york are not as noteworthy as they would have been a season before. York probably wont win a game this season and LA will be pressed to win 2 games. I hope stone continues to improve and get better, and with the amount of support and the coaching staff they have they should be getting better. Any coach watt team will focus on a run first offense and this year is no exception. They have a first year starter at qb. Dishman used to be a wr and he is very athletic, but I dont think he has ever played varsity qb before this season. They do have a couple nice rbs though and their offensive line is definately much better than it was last season. They have the same problem that all cumberland county athletic teams have: they lack athletecism. They can be out athleted and in a game with another solid fundamental and well coached team they are usually at a disadvantage.

I'd like to encourage as many Panther fans as possible to travel over to W.Knox for this game. Our school is easy to get to (not as close to the interstate as Stone is , but not very far away), has a small quaint feeling to it, the concessions are very good (grilled burgers are excellent, and Chickfila will be there for this game as well)and the people are very friendly. If you like listening on the radio, the game will be broadcast on Praise 96.3FM beginning at around 7:15PM. Hope to see you all there. :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

I think it's a VERY ignorant statement to say that LA would win maybe two games. Someone hit the nail on the head, they're young. I believe it is a good win for Stone. Don't know, nor care about the other team. Good luck to the F5.

I too think it is a good win for stone. However the opinion on LA is not ignorant. Being ignorant requires a lack of information. I have information. Therefore, not Ignorant. Disagreeable yes, but other than york and cannon county there are no easy games on their schedule that they would be the favorite in imho. We both know that Stone should have won by a bit more, but due to turnovers it stayed close.

I originally said Stone is not as good as the class of this league, and I stick by that statement especially with breeden being out. In no way did I say stone was a bad team. This could possibly be the best team that stone has ever had. I would not be surprised at all to see them around the .500 mark. As for the la game, was the LA win good for stone? Yes, they managed to find a way to win despite turnovers, but they cannot afford to make those same mistakes against the likes of CAK, Loudon, and Alcoa. They do not have the talent that these other teams do. Until they prove themselves against one of the top tier teams of this league, I have no reason to believe they are one of the top tier teams.