District 9AA AND 10AA

papadoc

...or defend out of some type of blind loyalty...

Always the problem with people that just don't get it. Jesus implored 'us' not to do this...for a person OR institution. Drinkin' the kool-aid will make you drunk and stupid...or even worse (remember Jim Jones?).

he didnt want to be rude, but it would be nice to talk about the upcoming tournament.

Isn't that why coachrus started a Region 5-AA thread?

Yes... :thumb: Districts 9AA and 10AA are OVER! So, if you really want to 'talk about the upcoming tournament,' you're on the wrong thread.

I'd say relevancy to CPA is covered by the '10AA' in the thread title and 'free speech' mentioned in the First Amendment to our Constitution. :flower:

Yet you don't mind an ex CPA teacher and coach questioning the ethics of the school. Shame on you. There is not hate in my email just love for what the school stands for.

It always amuses me when delcared Christians turn on each other, when they are not in agreement. :roflol: Shame on me!!! :roflol:

The ethics of your school with regards to recruiting is garbage. Shame on me again!

Beating a dead horse? Last time I checked the horse was still running free in the pasture. I would compare that metaphor to scripture, but I can not handle three shame on me's in one day. FYI - there are no time constraints on rules violations. Just ask Reggie Bush.

You keep talking about Division II, but the rules CPA are breaking are ilegal in Divsion II as well. :mellow:

Pitchfork is nuts again... Sycamore is no slouch. the rest of the teams in 9aa are. White House will be lucky to lose by less than 20. THEY STINK!!! and east lit doesn't :roflol:

Well, Since i support White House and 9AA I was hoping all would fair well against the big bad 10AA teams, but since you have popped your head up and disrepected our District, I hope you all get beat by 1 or 25, don't know what would be worse feeling! At any rate, I hope you haven't reserved your motel room in Murfreesboro cause the War Eagles won't be there. Ya'll are not as good as you think you are.

Thanks. I would love to get a breakdown of 9AA strengths and weaknesses. White House came close to winning the 9AA title, but Sycamore hit a ton of threes. Does White House normally play a zone or man to man. I think the East Lit - White House game will be the best game of the openers.

White House plays a 1-3-1 defense. We're pretty long but play mostly an outside game. We usually get beat if we aren't hitten our 3's and FT's.

Macon Co. is very similar to WH, but a little younger.

Westmoreland has heart but will probably be overwhelmed (hope there not).

Sycamore loves to press. The PG likes to drive the lane and dish it to their one big guy or shoot a 6ft. floater. They do have a very good outside shooter, fuqua, who can heat it up if no pressure is on him. Have gotten T's both times I saw them play, (un-disciplined), maybe could win the first game, but won't advance after that.

Edited by pitchfork1

Well, Since i support White House and 9AA I was hoping all would fair well against the big bad 10AA teams, but since you have popped your head up and disrepected our District, I hope you all get beat by 1 or 25, don't know what would be worse feeling! At any rate, I hope you haven't reserved your motel room in Murfreesboro cause the War Eagles won't be there. Ya'll are not as good as you think you are.

What in the world makes you think i am a Sycamore fan? Come on now pitchfork, i despise them as much as i despise your Bue Devils, but i don't have a problem w/ u. lol ha ha ha ha :roflol: Let's go Hokies!

What in the world makes you think i am a Sycamore fan? Come on now pitchfork, i despise them as much as i despise your Bue Devils, but i don't have a problem w/ u. lol ha ha ha ha :roflol: Let's go Hokies!

That's sad, we'll welcome you into the big blue nation. QB club memberships are now available.

As a CPA graduate, I am disappointed to see this. A CPA parent questioning the Christianity of another person on a public forum. Lots of CPA students read what is posted on here, is this the example you want to be setting? If I were kbrks, I probably wouldn't be posting on here, but that's me. He has every right to. And while I might take issue with some of what he has written on here, I still have respect for him as a former teacher and coach of mine. jett- it's easy to get on here, create a new profile, and sound off on whatever you feel needs to be said behind the safe anonymity of your computer screen, but sprinkling in a bible verse doesn't mask your hateful tone.

matt610, I have always appreciated and respected your approach to this forum, a willingness to understand another person's view point even when it doesn't line up with yours. You have always shown a level headedness and maturity beyond your years.

It always amuses me when delcared Christians turn on each other, when they are not in agreement. :roflol: Shame on me!!! :roflol:

The ethics of your school with regards to recruiting is garbage. Shame on me again!

Beating a dead horse? Last time I checked the horse was still running free in the pasture. I would compare that metaphor to scripture, but I can not handle three shame on me's in one day. FYI - there are no time constraints on rules violations. Just ask Reggie Bush.

You keep talking about Division II, but the rules CPA are breaking are ilegal in Divsion II as well. :mellow:

Like you, I am amazed how many don't know the rules and the difference between the two divisions. The real difference is that DII schools can give need based financial aid to athletes where DI can not, that's it. Granted, it does take care of a part of the $ aspect, but only a part even when it comes to $, let alone the other aspects involved in recruiting violations.

Yet you don't mind an ex CPA teacher and coach questioning the ethics of the school. Shame on you. There is not hate in my email just love for what the school stands for.

I understand, I get that, but let’s see if we can open our mind to the realm of possibilities because a school’s actions should line up with what it stands for, shouldn’t they? Otherwise, it becomes a perfect set-up for a SNL Weekend Update segment of Really?

Point – School stays DI to be and have a testimony. Do you think that is being accomplished under the current set-up, Really? If a coach wants to earn a little extra coin and influence kids in the sport of basketball by being involved in AAU and private lessons great, but IF TESTIMONY IS REALLY IMPORTANT, you’d better have the system/policies in place that those kids don’t end up at your school. It is impossible to maintain the testimony even if it was possible to do it in a way that no rules were technically violated. Are there those, particularly within a school’s leadership structure, that don’t get that, Really? If that system was in place then it would never be a question of exalting self or your program at the EXPENSE of others, which is another important principle to keep in mind. Reality check – you can’t have it both ways, just look at the sentiments expressed all year long.

Point – You can’t have credibility if you are an outsider because you are an outsider and you don’t really know. You can’t have credibility as a former insider, because you are now an outsider and especially to express disagreement or use past issues to state a point you’re only bitter and of course bitter people are incapable of speaking truth and have any credibility because they are bitter. You do have credibility if you are an insider and you are loyal to the school even though you don’t really know what goes on behind the scenes anymore than an outsider does, you only know what the school says it stands for and what your experience tells you. And of course your experience takes eminence over anyone else who might not have that experience. Really?

Point – Is it ethical when school leadership tells you that people support you to your face, but not behind your back and won’t let you face your accusers or deal with the issues? Is it ethical when school leadership lies or promotes lies to you and about you and when it is pointed out the response is to not get into a “He Said – She Said.†Is it ethical when it is brought to the attention of a school leader that if a certain process is one of those stories that God had chose to put in the Bible for all to see for all time that leadership would not come off very good and the only response was “Not saying the process did not include sin or the flesh,†which is nothing more than acknowledgement and yet proceed in a way where the ends justifies the means, Really? (Should I continue?) And if you ever speak to that issue or bring it up to relate it to other current issues, the only possibility is that you are a bitter person, Really? I would think those kinds of things would make us all very uncomfortable based on what a school states it stands for.

Point – Saying there is “no perfect place†or “we are all just sinners in need of grace†is only the first, elementary step in dealing with issues along Biblical principles. Too many view it as the one and only step. Do people not understand that, Really?

Do I feel embarrassment or shame, and just like the accusation of bitterness, the answer is no. I actually see a bigger picture in all of this. If anything I feel a little embarrassed (or maybe awkward is a better word) for those who post as such because all it does is support what I know – how too many respond when they get upset. You see, coacht and my experience are too similar for my comfort level. People get upset, willing to say just about anything whether it is true or not and are willing to try to influence in secrecy (e.g. behind the scenes, behind a screen name) as opposed to face to face in a genuine attempt to work through the issues. This is why, IMO, a different voice to promote a different approach is needed. Do people not get that, Really?