**Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County**

ArtVandalay

Payback week for the Indians. Last season the Smokey Bears put one on the Tribe in Kingsport. But this is a different Dobyns-Bennett team with speed, speed and more speed in the skill positions. And, DB is playing very good in trenches with much improved line play.

Did I see the scoreboard right? Jeff County beat Sevier County? Surely CoachT got that wrong.

This is a matchup of the 2 best teams from the 5A Big East Conference, and the BEAST OF THE EAST is back!

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Payback week for the Indians. Last season the Smokey Bears put one on the Tribe in Kingsport. But this is a different Dobyns-Bennett team with speed, speed and more speed in the skill positions. And, DB is playing very good in trenches with much improved line play.

Did I see the scoreboard right? Jeff County beat Sevier County? Surely CoachT got that wrong.

This is a matchup of the 2 best teams from the 5A Big East Conference, and the BEAST OF THE EAST is back!

Roll Tribe Roll

the Bears may not be as good as advertised. You guys got a good look at an excellent Greeneville team in your scrimmage and they destroyed Jeff Co. in week 0. So either someone is doing a great job of coaching at Jeff Co.or Seveir Co. aint all that. Nevertheless it will be a big road game and one I'm sure GC will get the boys ready to play.

Watch for speed at WR. they had an excellent 4x200 relay team made up of football players.

Without knowing what happened against Jeff county,I'll go ahead and say this.If we are a contender to go more than a couple of rounds into the playoffs as I have said a few weeks ago,than we shoud not have a problem next week.The only problem that I'm seeing besides Maryville is Bearden right now.We should not be slowed up unless of injuries.What is our injury report to date,anyone know.We have three fine defensive ends,but I'm still concerned about our depth for big guys on both sides.I thought the coaches done a great job of trying to get some work for a lot of the backups last night.I thought it was real smart to have our defensive backs with all backup linemen and linebackers.That was some good work for all of them.

Edited by BatmanDB

Roll Tribe Roll

You would have to think that DB on paper would easily be the favorite...even though SC was surprised by JC...they have some playmakers at the skill positions.....I am not sure there defense is good enough to keep them in this game however......Sensabaugh and Steele IMO are too much for SC...

Sensabaugh and Steele IMO are too much for SC...

This DB Team has more than #32 & #3. Throw in #8, Debo Swafford (Soph), who is electric.... #1 Maurice Cannon, ditto plus #13, #5 & #4. The Indians have weapons on both sides of the ball. G-Man has got something for 2010.

Good week of practice and good weather for Friday.

Roll Tribe Roll

Sevier County, Jeff County, Sullivan Central...it's all the same. Ho hum, DB cremates another victim.

Good to see you're on board. I could've sworn last year and years past you were hating on DB.

Loved and Hated...But Never Ignored!

Roll Tribe!

P.S. for all you Vol fans check out the new song called Footvol by 'Swiperboy' AKA Renaldo Woolridge

Be nice Hinke...Comp has always had a lot of great info. It is nice to see he andand others wade in here with their football knowledge instead of having to defend every word. I really like reading non-homer posts when it is not nasty stuff... Comps posts are informative til he gets attacked, then its time to tune out.

Coach Brewer is a worthy foe. He will have the Smokey Bears ready to play. They have enough talent to beat us and he is so multiple in his offense that they rarely have to run the same play twice in a game. Between changes in formations and changes in blocking schemes, SC is a tough game week prep.

Lani is still out for the game but I dont believe any other starters will be limited. Look for the Watson blitz package to ramp up the pressure...I predict 3 picks for the Tribe this week!