Maryville vs McMinn

jrlcm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn co has a very nice stadium and it was a very nice atmosphere for football . I do wish they had more places to buy tickets though , I guess you're not used to the crowds that Maryville brings , had to wait in line for over 30 min to get tickets . The first few minutes of the game neither team could move the ball at all against each other but then Shawn Prevo Broke free on a beautiful run and it jump started Maryville's offense . McMinn co played hard the whole game .

I got home as quick as I could so I could check out the high school hi lites on WVLT & WBIR because I was dying to see the Kickoff return that Jacob West had to open the second half , only to be disappointed they didn't have it . That was one of the best kick off returns I've ever seen !! Jacob would not go down , it seemed like he was dragging people with him the last 50 yds .... absolutely Awesome Determination and Effort on that play . If anybody has video of that play , please post it on here , I'd love to see it again . It also was pretty awesome to see a nearly 50yd FG by Zach Sharp , and then he followed that up with kicking it through the uprights on the kickoff ........ amazing . Maybe Tennessee should be making a push for him .

Maryville continues to amaze me how every year they just get better and better with each game . You can tell that every kid on that team believes with enough hard work , there's nothing they can't do together .

Enjoyed the trip to McMinn. Nice stadium with plenty of seating, convenient concessions and restrooms on the visitors side. I will buy tickets in advance before going back...there is a need for an additional ticket booth for big games.

Are the horse and rider a regular part of the pre-game show? It was pretty impressive, although I was afraid it was going to turn into a rodeo for a minute. The rider did a good job getting the horse under control. I think the band, crowd noise, smoking entrance of the tribe, and the entrance of the Rebels all at once was a bit much for a horse not to get spooked.

Pep...no video of Jacob's run on the Chattanooga stations either. I was disappointed that Knox station did not have it so I looked on-line at the Chattanooga news...They all three covered the game but not his run.

Kicking game was excellent. 49 and 42 yd field goals...someone tell John Brice (Daily Times) that you count the 10 yds of the endzone into the overall distance. 1st time this year Zack did not kick every ball into the endzone...or through the endzone. However, they did not return past the 20!

Great overall effort!!!! Go Rebels!

I wish the Maryville games would be on TV re-play the following week like Alcoa, Heritage, and William Blount games. :(

I wish they would too. I know they have some nice video equipment at the school. I wouldn't care if it was a single camera with a mic, as long as they kept up with the action. Maybe they could add the audio from AM 1470.

You have to be careful who you let do the video production or you might end up with something like this...

Good gaim fer tha boyz....Nice venyou att MackMen cowntee....Zack Sharp put at leest 2 ov tham kick-off thru tha uprites last nite....Nice wheppun....#79 fer MackMen iz a studd.....(knot quite az studlee az tha pregaim pony, butt tuff nunn tha less).... :thumb:

I think that Kick off return by Jacob West last night was even more impressive than David Reeds return against Rule high in 78 Starz ... what do you think ? Unbelievable effort & determination by Jacob .... he just would not go down !

"First down for the Cherokeeeeeeeeeeeeeees." I'm telling you guys, it's funny. Have a good trip

On their first 1st down we got to hear the infamous announcement, but it was pretty tame after that.

Kicking game was excellent. 49 and 42 yd field goals...someone tell John Brice (Daily Times) that you count the 10 yds of the endzone into the overall distance. 1st time this year Zack did not kick every ball into the endzone...or through the endzone. However, they did not return past the 20!

Seemed like Zach had a little trouble with his kicks when he wasn't kicking into the wind - though with the flag in the endzone closest to the school standing still i'm not sure how much wind there really was.

Why would the end zone yards count anyway. Heck, I didn't even see that mentioned in Brice's article.

John Brice doesn't know about the inclusion of the end zone because he never played.

Any MHS fan that would disparage John Brice hasn't been following Rebel football the last 10 years. That guy has been a huge supporter for our team.

Why would the end zone yards count anyway. Heck, I didn't even see that mentioned in Brice's article.

The goalpost was moved to the back of the endzone somewhere around the late 60's making kicks travel 10 additional yds to clear the uprights. Zack's fieldgoals were kicked from the 32 and 39 yd line making them 42 and 49 yd fieldgoals. The Daily Times article (which was on page 4 of the sports) gave him credit for a 32 and 40 yd fieldgoals.

What I did was go on coacht's home page for Tennessee and scroll down the current news articles until you come to the Maryville McMinn Co. video and click on that.

hey Thanks ! Still couldn't see how he was dragging people with him the last few yards but it's the only video i've seen of the kickoff return . I see from that angle that there was some great blocking going on , from where we were sitting it looked like he just went right through the tacklers ..... still it was very impressive how he finished that run dragging people with him .