Oliver Springs @ Grundy Co.

Oldschool31

There are shorter ways than going from 27 all the way down to 24 around through Monteagle. Try 27 to 111 to 399 to 108. Not really hard at all. 399 is curvy and you'll need to take it easy on there but you will cut A LOT of miles off the trip instead of going all the way to 24 and through Monteagle. That's like going around your elbow to get to your..... :rolleyes:

This game is just like last year. Grundy 0-2. OS 2-0 with 2 big wins. Looks like OS wins but they should have won last year too. I'd call it a toss up. Grundy needs this win.

Go Jackets!

DL.

399 is VERY curvy and most senior adults would rather go the extra miles than drive a road like that, especially in non-daylight conditions or worst yet, in the rain. But, thanks for the alternate route, I'm sure there will be others who will take it instead!

Go Bobcats!! :thumb:

Edited by catback

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive 399 almost every day for work going to Cookeville. It's no big deal. Just take it easy... or drive 500 miles out of the way to go down to I-24 and all the way to Monteagle.

Mapquest my way says.. 2 hours 27 minutes / 116.23 miles

Mapquest via I-24 and Monteagle says.. 3 hours 2 minutes / 171.58 miles

DL.

Edited by DelTavian

There are shorter ways than going from 27 all the way down to 24 around through Monteagle. Try 27 to 111 to 399 to 108. Not really hard at all. 399 is curvy and you'll need to take it easy on there but you will cut A LOT of miles off the trip instead of going all the way to 24 and through Monteagle. That's like going around your elbow to get to your..... :rolleyes:

This game is just like last year. Grundy 0-2. OS 2-0 with 2 big wins. Looks like OS wins but they should have won last year too. I'd call it a toss up. Grundy needs this win.

Go Jackets!

DL.

Great directions..i knew you could help them. It would be a great drive during the day. My only problem would be driving it at night. At my age, i have problems driving at night.

I drive 399 almost every day for work going to Cookeville. It's no big deal. Just take it easy... or drive 500 miles out of the way to go down to I-24 and all the way to Monteagle.

Mapquest my way says.. 2 hours 27 minutes / 116.23 miles

Mapquest via I-24 and Monteagle says.. 3 hours 2 minutes / 171.58 miles

DL.

WOW, since when did giving directions become a pissing contest, 500 miles, really???

I'm sure their are those who will take 399, and others who don't. Each to their own, right? :blink::wacko:

WOW, since when did giving directions become a pissing contest, 500 miles, really???

I'm sure their are those who will take 399, and others who don't. Each to their own, right? :blink::wacko:

Well I wasn't actually trying to come off that way. But for someone like me and as busy as I stay going the long way would drive me nuts. So I figured I'd do the math and give everyone the details.

DL.

Well I wasn't actually trying to come off that way. But for someone like me and as busy as I stay going the long way would drive me nuts. So I figured I'd do the math and give everyone the details.

DL.

See what happens when you try to help somebody DL. There's a smart aleck in every toilet.

Good luck Grundy.

Thanks DL for the directions, 399 wasn't a bad road at all, I drive on much worse roads around here every day. Congrats to Grundy, we just couldn't seem to get a stop on defense when we really needed it. While a loss is never what anyone wants, the one positive that can be taken from this game is the kids didn't quit in spite of getting down early. I really thought we might have a chance in the second half, we seemed to be swinging the momentum our way, but couldn't get a big stop when we had to. That double pass for the last TD on 4th and 11, MAN if we can break that one up, but we didn't. Again congrats to the Yellow Jackets, and good luck the rest of the year