Big Games in Memphis

kwc

Well, Week 3 is about to approach and these are the games that I have selected as 'Big Games' in Memphis. I know some of these teams aren't on the 'W' column yet ... but I think they are still valid teams and will constitute watching. You know how this goes ... If you think there needs to be a game added ... toss them in the mix. Here goes.

Sheffield (3-0) @ Briarcrest (3-0)

Collierville (2-0) @ Arlington (2-1)

White Station (0-3) @ CBHS (2-0)

Brighton (3-0) @ Covington (2-1)

ECS (2-0) @ St. George's (3-0)

Fairley (1-2) @ Mitchell (3-0)

Melrose (0-2) @ Wooddale (2-0)

Millington (1-1) @ Munford (1-1)

Whitehaven (3-0) @ Ridgeway (2-0)

Briarcrest wins ... 17 - 7

Collierville wins ... 24 - 17

CBHS defeats WSHS ... 17 - 14

Brighton cleans Covington's clock .... 35 - 14

ECS manages to beat St. George's ... 21 - 17

Mitchell beats Fairley ... 21 - 7

Melrose eeks by Wooddale ... 13 - 12

Millington crushes Munford ... 35 - 14

Whitehaven beats Ridgeway ... 27 - 14

That's it for me. Your turn.

Edited by kwc

Well, Week 3 is about to approach and these are the games that I have selected as 'Big Games' in Memphis. I know some of these teams aren't on the 'W' column yet ... but I think they are still valid teams and will constitute watching. You know how this goes ... If you think there needs to be a game added ... toss them in the mix. Here goes.

I have always respected your opinion on the Memphis schools, so I must ask is Melrose as down as we in Henry County hear that they are? Can they play with Mitchell? Is Mitchell as good as they were last year? Is there another 5A team that we need to be concerned about?

Sheffield (3-0) < Briarcrest (3-0)

Collierville (2-0) > Arlington (2-1)

White Station (0-3) < CBHS (2-0)

Brighton (3-0) > Covington (2-1)

ECS (2-0) > St. George's (3-0)

Fairley (1-2) < Mitchell (3-0)

Melrose (0-2) > Wooddale (2-0)

Millington (1-1) > Munford (1-1)..... 48-7

Whitehaven (3-0) > Ridgeway (2-0)..28-21

I have always respected your opinion on the Memphis schools, so I must ask is Melrose as down as we in Henry County hear that they are? Can they play with Mitchell? Is Mitchell as good as they were last year? Is there another 5A team that we need to be concerned about?

Red Warrior:

Melrose is 0-2 right now. They lost their first game to Christian Brothers by a score of 14-6, and many thought Melrose should have won that game. CBHS is a large private school who will go deep in the play-offs. They lost 20-18 to Madison Central, which is a 6A team out of Mississippi that lost in either the semi-final or final of their classification last year and will probably go back deep into the play-offs again this year. I heard that Melrose was winning 18 -17 with a few seconds left in the game and MC kicked a field goal to win it. This Friday they will face Wooddale who is a 6A school here in Memphis that barely lost to Whitehaven last year in the 2nd round of the play-offs last year ... in OT. After Wooddale, then they will have to face 5A Mitchell who is currently 3-0, and I suspect will be 4-0 if they beat 4A Fairley this Friday. Then after that they will face 5A Ridgeway, who is currently 2-0 and will hopefully be 2-1 after this Friday night. (They play Whitehaven) I said all of that to say this ... Melrose dosen't have ANY cupcakes on their schedule until 6th game of the season ... and that is 5A Memphis East. I don't know how good or bad they are ... but I do know that they have scheduled Murderers Row for themselves. They will probably make the playoffs and will be play-off tough. Are they better then Mitchell? ... I don't know ... but I will say this ... Melrose hasn't ducked ANYBODY. Don't ever count them out ... and they have athletes and they are coached pretty good.

But ... 5A is going to be very competative in Memphis. There are the District 16 schools, which are Mitchell and Melrose. Then there is District 15 5A Ridgeway and Ditrict 14 5A Craigmont (2-0). All four of those teams are playing good football and will be in the play-offs come that time of the year. Whoever makes it out of that into the quarters will be tried by Fire ... there is no hiding coming out of Memphis.

Edited by kwc

Ridgeway is a VERY GOOD football team with some big athletes. See # 89 and 19 they're Book ends! Ridgeway is also SUPER FAST. See #10, 11 and 3! They are well coached and may have the best QB in the City in Jamil Golden #12. This will be a very interesting game out at Halle!....

As for the other games...

Sheffield and Briarcrest will be a great match up of Public vs. Private. Home field advantage may play a part in this one.

Collierville and Arlington sounds like it will be a great Shelby Co. 6A match up.

White Station is playing for their season in this game. To go 0-4 is not an option for Coach Rutherford. However Coach Locastro will surely have his guys up to the challenge.

Fairley and Mitchell will be a classic battle. I hope Graves of Mitchell can suit up! If he does I don't think you'll see a better RB match-up in the Shelby Metro area then lil Holiday and Graves.

Melrose and Wooddale could be a defensive struggle or a track meet. It depends on how the REFS call it.

The M&M bowl has been one-sided as of late. We'll see if that changes this season.

:popcorneater:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Well, Week 3 is about to approach and these are the games that I have selected as 'Big Games' in Memphis...

Sheffield 40 -- Briarcrest 38

Cvlle 27 -- Arl 17

CBHS 21 -- WS 7

Brig 35 -- Cov 7

ECS 35 -- St.Geo 13

Mit 28 -- Fair 8

Woodale 22 -- Melrose 14 .......... Melrose falls to 0 and 3... then 0 and 4... then 0 and 5!

Milington 28 -- Munford 7

Ridgeway 27 -- Whitehaven 24 ...... This will not be an upset!!!

Sheffield 40 -- Briarcrest 38

Cvlle 27 -- Arl 17

CBHS 21 -- WS 7

Brig 35 -- Cov 7

ECS 35 -- St.Geo 13

Mit 28 -- Fair 8

Woodale 22 -- Melrose 14 .......... Melrose falls to 0 and 3... then 0 and 4... then 0 and 5!

Milington 28 -- Munford 7

Ridgeway 27 -- Whitehaven 24 ...... This will not be an upset!!!

Sheffield 7 Briarcrest 30

Collierville 28 Arlington 0

CBHS 21 Whitestation 14

Mitchell 14 Fairley 0

Woodale 22 Melrose 21

Millington 24 Munford 0

Whitehaven 35 Ridgeway 13

Ridgeway is a VERY GOOD football team with some big athletes. See # 89 and 19 they're Book ends! Ridgeway is also SUPER FAST. See #10, 11 and 3! They are well coached and may have the best QB in the City in Jamil Golden #12. This will be a very interesting game out at Halle!....

As for the other games...

Sheffield and Briarcrest will be a great match up of Public vs. Private. Home field advantage may play a part in this one.

Collierville and Arlington sounds like it will be a great Shelby Co. 6A match up.

White Station is playing for their season in this game. To go 0-4 is not an option for Coach Rutherford. However Coach Locastro will surely have his guys up to the challenge.

Fairley and Mitchell will be a classic battle. I hope Graves of Mitchell can suit up! If he does I don't think you'll see a better RB match-up in the Shelby Metro area then lil Holiday and Graves.

Melrose and Wooddale could be a defensive struggle or a track meet. It depends on how the REFS call it.

The M&M bowl has been one-sided as of late. We'll see if that changes this season.

:popcorneater:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Senator, you know we love you but do you really question the out come of the M&M Bowl? I am sure you were at the same spring scrimmage that I was in Millington.

"LET'S GO TROJANS"