Portland Football

eers

I do not think these posters are "bashing" the coaches at Portland. They are stating facts from Aric's past. Look where he has been and how he got the Head jobs at those schools. Starts off at each stop as an assistant,gets friendly with the principal,principal replaces coach with Aric,simple.

So true...

I don't think for a minute that in the back of Aric's mind he wasn't thinking from the beginning that he could get the HC job in less than two years, although I'm not sure that would be such a good thing. It has been the way things have gone for some time now, why do we all of the sudden want to think it would change. The only way you are going to win any time soon at Portland is through scheming (i.e., Navy, Air Force, etc.), perhaps running the option and make it a game of perfection on your side. You aren't going to just line up and dominate anyone. Secondly, you have to get the kids back to the mindset that they are going to win and the only way to do that is to have a coach that the kids believe in and will go to battle for.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: Portland is in a "world of hurt" having to compete at the 5A level. Are they not one of the smallest 5A schools in the state? As to the coaching situation, it will be hard to win there. In my opinion only!!

Didn't Aric had a couple of real good years at WC...........didn't he knock off #1 Riverdale in the play-offs one year? WC competed very well in that tough Rutherford Co. league under he and alexander. How did he do that?? I know he had a bad year last year at WC; I was surprised when he was let go. Really. why did that happen? He must have irritated someone (LOL)

I suppose he went to Portland because he wanted to coach and the HC (?) wanted him...........seems like a logical move. He wasn't wanted at WC and needed a job!!

Fact: Portland is in a "world of hurt" having to compete at the 5A level. Are they not one of the smallest 5A schools in the state? As to the coaching situation, it will be hard to win there. In my opinion only!!

Didn't Aric had a couple of real good years at WC...........didn't he knock off #1 Riverdale in the play-offs one year? WC competed very well in that tough Rutherford Co. league under he and alexander. How did he do that?? I know he had a bad year last year at WC; I was surprised when he was let go. Really. why did that happen? He must have irritated someone (LOL)

I suppose he went to Portland because he wanted to coach and the HC (?) wanted him...........seems like a logical move. He wasn't wanted at WC and needed a job!!

He only beat R'dale under its current Coach, NEVER beat a Rankin coached team. Only reason he was able to do it then was Coach Aric had an assistant that knows the WingT better than Coach A at R'dale.

As to why he was let go, does the term "Tony Franklin Offense" ring a bell?

Be that as it may, Portland will be 0-10 again this year. A friend of mine told me that the Portland newspaper says that there will be a lot of talent coming to the HS from the two MS feeders. Is the MS talent really any better now than it has been in the last 5 years?

I'm not seeing a lot of Portland people responding, after a couple of harsh years hounding coaches, etc. Is that because they are now realizing the problem from the beginning wasn't coaching or have they simply given up?

I personally think there are currently two problems with Portland football. Athletes and expectations!