Portland Football

eers

The attitude is changing...not sure I agree. Coach Bever and Co. at least won 5 ball games in three years. I don't see how starting 0-13 and a very possible second straight 0-10 year can change an attitude for the better. Another Sanders 0-10 means Coach Aric will be at the helm next year. It's harsh talk but true!

It's real simple! Coach Perry saw that players were disappearing in Portland. So, he moved on! It's funny because people didn't like him because he was mean! (LOL) Now as a community all we due is talk about him and how he won.

Coach Bever worked under Coach Perry and continued many of the same traditions that Portland Football was about. Why did Coach Bever not win? The same reason why Coach Perry left! Talent. NO WAY any coach will win in Portland (Quarles, Rankin, or Joe Montana)! Maybe if they dropped to 1-A. So this tread was started about what happen to Portland football. TALENT! Coaching was strong with Coach Bever's staff and they were lucky to win 5 Games because of coaching alone. Instead of starting a tread and blaming and wondering why we don't win anymore GO WATCH A GAME!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's real simple! Coach Perry saw that players were disappearing in Portland. So, he moved on! It's funny because people didn't like him because he was mean! (LOL) Now as a community all we due is talk about him and how he won.

Coach Bever worked under Coach Perry and continued many of the same traditions that Portland Football was about. Why did Coach Bever not win? The same reason why Coach Perry left! Talent. NO WAY any coach will win in Portland (Quarles, Rankin, or Joe Montana)! Maybe if they dropped to 1-A. So this tread was started about what happen to Portland football. TALENT! Coaching was strong with Coach Bever's staff and they were lucky to win 5 Games because of coaching alone. Instead of starting a tread and blaming and wondering why we don't win anymore GO WATCH A GAME!!!

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Alan you have hit it on the head. I am certain the level of talent has dropped off and the people in Portland are simply looking for someone to blame for losing, rather than facing the facts that the talent is not there. Bever (and co.) were and easy target because the were "next". Now that another staff has come in and are doing worse, perhaps people will see the writing a little more clearly!

What the heck is a tread??? Maybe you mean a thread...And about Coach Aric, why else would he go to Portland to be a assistant on an 0-10 team. He knows it's his next head coaching job if he does well as an assistant. He's been head coach before and like I've heard here, no one wants the Portland job, so Gideon will turn to an assistant to take the helm.

What the heck is a tread??? Maybe you mean a thread...And about Coach Aric, why else would he go to Portland to be a assistant on an 0-10 team. He knows it's his next head coaching job if he does well as an assistant. He's been head coach before and like I've heard here, no one wants the Portland job, so Gideon will turn to an assistant to take the helm.

...and look at the success that has followed him everywhere he has been.

GOOD ONE!

as some of you have already mentioned... i think it is more about the "jimmys and joes" than the "x's and o's"

a lot of teams are feeling this with the new classification, they are finding out that they dominated in a lower class but cant compete in the new one. just some that come to mind in middle tennessee are Portland, Westmoreland, Lewis County and several others. it will just take a little time for the talent level to adapt. these teams will adapt and be back on top. fans always want to blame coaches becuase they cant see the fact that thier little ones cant compete yet.

as some of you have already mentioned... i think it is more about the "jimmys and joes" than the "x's and o's"

a lot of teams are feeling this with the new classification, they are finding out that they dominated in a lower class but cant compete in the new one. just some that come to mind in middle tennessee are Portland, Westmoreland, Lewis County and several others. it will just take a little time for the talent level to adapt. these teams will adapt and be back on top. fans always want to blame coaches becuase they cant see the fact that thier little ones cant compete yet.

I agree with the fans blaming coaches, because the"jimmys and joes" aren't as good as the other team's and they don't want to admit it. I don't agree that these teams (esp. Portland, look at who they play) will catch up with the talent of the other programs. To win in Portland you are going to have to be creative and make things work with what you, i.e. Navy and the triple option. Ball control, "we're going to run the triple option, can you stop it?", eat the clock and hope to be in the game at the end! This works if you get good at that offense and don't make many mistakes...

Is there a reason we are bashing an assistant coach on the this thread? I mean the man just started there this season. Last time I checked he was not hired to be the head coach and has to my knowledge never been asked to be the head coach at Portland. Also, since you guys can't seem to let go of the mans past mistakes, at exactly what point did you find out about the opening in the holy trinity and apply for the job. Since obviously your all perfect? Look I got no dog in this fight and no personal ties to Portland football. Except when they come to play my Wildcats and then I hope we kick there butts. So lets get off the coaches backs (all of the coaches). Unless your willing to apply for a coaching job at Portland and think you can do better.

Good luck to the Panthers except week 10.

I do not think these posters are "bashing" the coaches at Portland. They are stating facts from Aric's past. Look where he has been and how he got the Head jobs at those schools. Starts off at each stop as an assistant,gets friendly with the principal,principal replaces coach with Aric,simple.

Good post and very true...why do you think Rankin left Riverdale, same reason Perry left I expect.