Anderson Co vs Powell

Space3

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, kudos on the prediction, ScoreAtWill! I think most Panther fans believed they had a great defense, but I was amazed to see a 30-point margin of victory.

Despite a ton of penalties, Powell looked great tonight. The defense was solid, had some HUGE hits, played very tight coverage in the secondary for most of the game, and harassed Williams for most of the 1st half. The Mavericks had no answer for Mobley/Logan/McPhetridge/Washington. Team speed was a huge factor (in favor of Powell), especially after Powell wore out the AC defense in the 1st half. My math may be wrong, but I think McPhetridge actually had more passing yards at the half than Williams.

Glad to see so many people come out to the game tonight! The stadium was packed! Great win for the Panthers!

Edited by osunut2

Not real sure why someone needed attention and made another thread about this game when this thread clearly gives people a place to pick their winner... but anyways,

My pick having seen both teams practice this week will be

AC - 17

Powell - 48

Lets see if this hits the nail on the head...

and as others had stated... they will see each other in the playoffs!

You know you were right!! What can I say! The score actually came out just as you predicted it.

I can see why they pay you the mega bucks. You can analyze a team the whole year and then predict if they have the ability to make it then sign a contract. That is just pure analysis. Then you scout the other teams like Oak Ridge and Anderson county and apply your principals. This seems to me as commercializing the young boys in High School football. I understand this is your living, what you get paid for, but come on man this is High School for god sakes. Why cannot we leave this up to the team and the coaching ability. You know in your heart that AC is much better in coaching or otherwise you would not be here. You have earned your pay at the lose of a Great Team. We Love our Mavericks and at least we shoot from the hip. We will never give up on a National Championship!

Thanks to all for the props... It was just as I suspected. Powell is playing great football! I hope I get lucky next week and pick another close score, 3 close predictions in a row is almost unheard of!

Good luck to all.

You know you were right!! What can I say! The score actually came out just as you predicted it.

I can see why they pay you the mega bucks. You can analyze a team the whole year and then predict if they have the ability to make it then sign a contract. That is just pure analysis. Then you scout the other teams like Oak Ridge and Anderson county and apply your principals. This seems to me as commercializing the young boys in High School football. I understand this is your living, what you get paid for, but come on man this is High School for god sakes. Why cannot we leave this up to the team and the coaching ability. You know in your heart that AC is much better in coaching or otherwise you would not be here. You have earned your pay at the lose of a Great Team. We Love our Mavericks and at least we shoot from the hip. We will never give up on a National Championship!

Man, I really have no clue what you are trying to say here... I really read your post 4 times and still I am scratching my head on the intent of it.

Are you trying to say that I made the score happen this way just by making a guess? I dont know... please please explain yourself.

Thanks to all for the props... It was just as I suspected. Powell is playing great football! I hope I get lucky next week and pick another close score, 3 close predictions in a row is almost unheard of!

Good luck to all.

Man, I really have no clue what you are trying to say here... I really read your post 4 times and still I am scratching my head on the intent of it.

Are you trying to say that I made the score happen this way just by making a guess? I dont know... please please explain yourself.

Man, ? Is that supposed to mean your mad just because I posted my opionon! I am not sure of what your question is. My post is in laymens terms. It is what it is! That is not a guess. That is a well defined analysis based on some type of predetermined evaluation strictly in the sense that you or someone else have prevy to undeclosed information. In a nut shell you or someone are not playing fare. Paid or not. You are the one that said Quoat "I get a six figure $ for doing this" You know as well as I do what is going on! Rookie coach Rookie year lots of talent; too much knowledge. It is all over the walls of East Tennessee. This almost sounds like Campbell County all over again; politics. Fortunantly we are in Anderson County!

Re-read the post it should make pefect sense after you review your comments previously.

Man, ? Is that supposed to mean your mad just because I posted my opionon! I am not sure of what your question is. My post is in laymens terms. It is what it is! That is not a guess. That is a well defined analysis based on some type of predetermined evaluation strictly in the sense that you or someone else have prevy to undeclosed information. In a nut shell you or someone are not playing fare. Paid or not. You are the one that said Quoat "I get a six figure $ for doing this" You know as well as I do what is going on! Rookie coach Rookie year lots of talent; too much knowledge. It is all over the walls of East Tennessee. This almost sounds like Campbell County all over again; politics. Fortunantly we are in Anderson County!

Re-read the post it should make pefect sense after you review your comments previously.

I can't believe I'm going to weigh in on this, but I knew this was going to come up at some point, because some Mavericks fan would get "confused" or [gasp] cry foul. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that Scoreatwill makes 6 figures at his job, and not as a scout or bookie. When he stated that he made "6 figures doing what I do and watching practices," those were two completely separate thoughts. I think you assumed that he had a job as a scout or something. From what I gather, he was simply trying to put a Farragut troll (NeonBodeaux) in his place. And as far as his prediction, I think we all thought it was outlandish, but even he admitted that he got lucky in his prediction.

Bottom line, AC saw a good defense last night, and they didn't know how to handle it. My guess is that if these two teams hook up in the playoffs, AC will be better prepared. Congrats to the Panthers! On another note, it turns out Dy'Shawn Mobley sat out most of the 2nd half with a tweaked ankle. Sounds like nothing too serious, but I thought the Powell fans might be curious to know about his status.

I can't believe I'm going to weigh in on this, but I knew this was going to come up at some point, because some Mavericks fan would get "confused" or [gasp] cry foul. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that Scoreatwill makes 6 figures at his job, and not as a scout or bookie. When he stated that he made "6 figures doing what I do and watching practices," those were two completely separate thoughts. I think you assumed that he had a job as a scout or something. From what I gather, he was simply trying to put a Farragut troll (NeonBodeaux) in his place. And as far as his prediction, I think we all thought it was outlandish, but even he admitted that he got lucky in his prediction.

Bottom line, AC saw a good defense last night, and they didn't know how to handle it. My guess is that if these two teams hook up in the playoffs, AC will be better prepared. Congrats to the Panthers! On another note, it turns out Dy'Shawn Mobley sat out most of the 2nd half with a tweaked ankle. Sounds like nothing too serious, but I thought the Powell fans might be curious to know about his status.

Thank you osunut :thumb:

Ok your not picking my lotto number this week! Columbia went to the state and they did not blow AC players and coaching staff out; in fact they only won in the last minute. At that time columbia had the largest line in the state. I would never count AC players the Gillums and Price,s and the other great coaching staff out. And what about the AP poll give them a little credit; at least they have 3 and 4 respectfully. To hold AC to 17 point with everyone fresh is like trying to catch a wild quarter horse in an open field. The only stopping to AC is the refs; and it is about time AC gets a break on that score board!

I would not be hammering any nails anytime soon. :) Have a good one!!

Would you like some numbers for tonights drawing? or maybe you need help with some hammering? hahaha

I say the above all in good fun, no disrespect meant. :mrgreen:

To the Panther fans that are now feeling their oats and posting on the PrepXtra site that they want a piece of Alcoa, be for real.

We rolled you up in the preseason and nothing has changed.

We do, however, need to schedule four games next season, so make the call, and The F5 will huff and puff and blow your house down. :popcorneater:

AC sure didnt look like the #3 team in the state. I mean, i thought this would have been alot closer. I thought Powell would win, but i didnt think they would win this big.

Thats ok AC....you guys still have a great team. You just have to put this game behind you and get ready for Halls. You have finally been tested and at least you know what needs to be worked on.