McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

Well I waited around all week and not even one post has been created about the footbal game tonight against Walker Valley. Has all faith been given up on the Chargers for the year? Can they dig down deep and find anything to battle with and come out victorious tonight. Who wins the war, the Charger or the Mustang? Will it be a war or another massacre. Hope the light colored blue can battle long and hard and make a good show of it and strive to get a win this year.

WHERE ARE ALL THE FAITHFUL FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I waited around all week and not even one post has been created about the footbal game tonight against Walker Valley. Has all faith been given up on the Chargers for the year? Can they dig down deep and find anything to battle with and come out victorious tonight. Who wins the war, the Charger or the Mustang? Will it be a war or another massacre. Hope the light colored blue can battle long and hard and make a good show of it and strive to get a win this year.

WHERE ARE ALL THE FAITHFUL FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walker Valley doesn't have a good team, so maybe McMinn Central will win this one.

The Chargers will win a few games once they get into district play, since they've already played the best district team, Polk Co.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Well i would like to know what these coaches for central are going to do about this horrible offense that they run?And i have a few questions about it.#1 why are they running it in the first place?who runs that,when your line cannot block.#2 why do they run it under center? one would like to think that the shotgun would be better to give you more options.#3 have you ever thought about a pass every now and then?or maybe a trick play to keep the defense honest?If i am a defense cord.and playing central, i am putting ten count em' ten guys on the line. because i know that you are not going to do anything else but run it.it was in the DPA last week that central had added some new plays.where were they?? it looked like the same ol' run three times up the middle and then punt. and who in the world runs the same running play on 3RD and twenty(give me a break)#4 Who is calling these plays anyway?? I sure hope it's not the one coach up in the press box that is never at practice thru the week.i had to ask someone who he was!And another thing!I am sick and tired of hearing people say that central is sooo young. there not that young!They are down in numbers YES, they lost alot of talent YES,but they are not as young as the coaches let on(EXCUSE).they have jr. and sr. standing on the sidelines(and they can play)while you have freshmen out on the field.I heard someone comment that alot of the guys are just playing one way.MCMINN CENTRAL DOES NOT HAVE THAT LUXURY THIS YEAR.if they need a break, give them one!but, central needs its best players on the field at all times!And one thing that i can't understand, is friday night central was punting on 4th down and i saw the whole offensive line come off the field for the punt.WHY??? THESE BOYS ARE 15,16,17,18 YRS.OLD if they cannot play the game of football for 3 hours on friday nights without getting tierd,then someone did not get them in shape during the summer.What kind of coaches do not even go into the locker room at halftime of the polk co. game(thats B.S.)these boys deserve better than that.halftime is for adjustments,and they didn't make any.these coaches look more like they are just watching the game instead of coaching it.i love to watch central football.but it seems like they have some real issues.

Well i would like to know what these coaches for central are going to do about this horrible offense that they run?And i have a few questions about it.#1 why are they running it in the first place?who runs that,when your line cannot block.#2 why do they run it under center? one would like to think that the shotgun would be better to give you more options.#3 have you ever thought about a pass every now and then?or maybe a trick play to keep the defense honest?If i am a defense cord.and playing central, i am putting ten count em' ten guys on the line. because i know that you are not going to do anything else but run it.it was in the DPA last week that central had added some new plays.where were they?? it looked like the same ol' run three times up the middle and then punt. and who in the world runs the same running play on 3RD and twenty(give me a break)#4 Who is calling these plays anyway?? I sure hope it's not the one coach up in the press box that is never at practice thru the week.i had to ask someone who he was!And another thing!I am sick and tired of hearing people say that central is sooo young. there not that young!They are down in numbers YES, they lost alot of talent YES,but they are not as young as the coaches let on(EXCUSE).they have jr. and sr. standing on the sidelines(and they can play)while you have freshmen out on the field.I heard someone comment that alot of the guys are just playing one way.MCMINN CENTRAL DOES NOT HAVE THAT LUXURY THIS YEAR.if they need a break, give them one!but, central needs its best players on the field at all times!And one thing that i can't understand, is friday night central was punting on 4th down and i saw the whole offensive line come off the field for the punt.WHY??? THESE BOYS ARE 15,16,17,18 YRS.OLD if they cannot play the game of football for 3 hours on friday nights without getting tierd,then someone did not get them in shape during the summer.What kind of coaches do not even go into the locker room at halftime of the polk co. game(thats B.S.)these boys deserve better than that.halftime is for adjustments,and they didn't make any.these coaches look more like they are just watching the game instead of coaching it.i love to watch central football.but it seems like they have some real issues.

Could it be that they have faced 1 solid 6A school, 2 pretty good 5A schools, and the hands down district champs? Give them this week before we start talking about problems. Better yet go and see if the coaches could use your help. I know that most of them would probably love to sit down and talk with you on your philosophy.

Its sounds like you need to quit the job you currently have and start coaching!!! LOL!!!!! I can tell you know absolutely nothing about football. I'll answer some of your questions:

Question #1: Answer: does it really matter what offense you run if the o-line can't block? Name 1 offense that is successful without a o-line.

Question #2: refer to answer #1

Question #3: Answer: I agree that the passing game is really bad. This is kinda like the o-line thing. Central doesn't have any receivers that can catch or a QB that can really throw it accurately. So passing doesn't really help.

Question #4 Answer: I have no idea who is calling the plays either. I agree that there are some Jr's and maybe a Sr or 2 on the sidelines and i believe if they could play that they would be on the field.

Next, on the comment about the whole o-line coming off the field on punt...well, this REALLY shows your stupidity about the game. You field a punt team that can run down the field and cover a punt and make open field tackles (offensive line don't do this). Watch any football game on any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and I guarantee you will not see offesive line on the punt team.

You me a winning team and I'll show you good players. We are just not that good this year but it's ok, I'm not a fair weather fan, I will always cheer for the big blue!

hey warhorse,

yes it does matter what offense you run.all i'm saying is mix it up!anyone that knows football knows that if you mix it up and have a balanced attack of sum sort then they won't be able to know what you are going to run.and yes they do have receivers that can catch it and two qb's that can throw the ball.and it don't have to be the hail mary every time either.they threw it in the jambroee and they where two steps from a touchdown pass vs. mcminn,and also completed several short passes at cleveland.correct me if i'm wrong warhorse, but central only tried to pass 2 maybe 3 times against lowly walker valley the whole game.if they would hit some short passes early in the game,then that would open up the run game more.friday night the walker valley d-backs were only playing off the line about 10 yards, because they knew central was only going to run the ball.ray charles could see that!!as for the o-line,central has a big line. but, its hard to stop all 11 on defense when they know what's coming.and for your comment on the o-line on punt,there's only 5 linemen.what is the other 6 doing on punt.and the way that central punts,they only have to run about 30 yards.we could debate this team for a month and it may not change anything.bottom line is,central has some talent,it just has to be used in the right way.this friday is the only game that i see central having a chance to win unless some chages are made.sequoyah will be very tough there,kingston tough there,sweetwater very improved there,alcoa is alcoa,and sequatchie co. will be tough there.oh and by the way warhorse,i do coach!and i went to central and i bleed blue!but,i also call it like i see it.

Sounds like they need to bring Gene Davis back to Chargerland. You sound like a very unhappy parent. Maybe the coach would let you become the O.C. Sounds like you know how they can move the ball. I'm sure they would welcome a new volunteer coach with your knowledge. good luck Chargers, Don't get Tiger bit this week!

Edited by curtislowe

Sounds like they need to bring Gene Davis back to Chargerland. You sound like a very unhappy parent. Maybe the coach would let you become the O.C. Sounds like you know how they can move the ball. I'm sure they would welcome a new volunteer coach with your knowledge. good luck Chargers, Don't get Tiger bit this week!

This is for sure, an unhappy person. I want to stress again the fact that MCentral has played 3 bigger schools and the district champions, easily. Basically, any team in this district, with the exception of Polk, would be in the same boat as Central if they had this schedule. McMinn, Cleveland, Walker Valley, and Polk would have done the same damage if not more to any other of the district teams. This is why I tell everyone do not pass judement on this team yet. MCentral obviously did something right for a half, then it comes down to numbers. Please do not use the agrumemt that #'s do not matter, cause they do. The boys gave all they had, Walker Valley had the luxery of playing linemen both ways- after a while it wares on you. Boys fought hard Friday and I for one feel they will be fine in district play.

I promise if Polk had this same schedule they would lose 3 games and probably a close 4th game.