McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

Logcabinman,

You are correct there was alot of talent to utilize. He was also able to get the school behind his actions regarding school spirit. Alot was happening in Englewood and Etowah during that time. Practice facility built and rec leagues running the same game schemes, etc. Also got athletes from other sports to come out if for nothing more than just a year to play football and play well some did, added great support to the team.

I agree there were lots of issues going on. Some were handled very well sum maybe could have been dealt with in other ways looking back, but all team have issues and problems. There was what seemed a fire buring when he was here, hopefully Coach Goodin can do the same and get the two towns, school and students to buy into the propgram and make them proud to be at Central.

Logcabinman,

You are correct there was alot of talent to utilize. He was also able to get the school behind his actions regarding school spirit. Alot was happening in Englewood and Etowah during that time. Practice facility built and rec leagues running the same game schemes, etc. Also got athletes from other sports to come out if for nothing more than just a year to play football and play well some did, added great support to the team.

I agree there were lots of issues going on. Some were handled very well sum maybe could have been dealt with in other ways looking back, but all team have issues and problems. There was what seemed a fire buring when he was here, hopefully Coach Goodin can do the same and get the two towns, school and students to buy into the propgram and make them proud to be at Central.

I heard today that polk co. was having alot of issues on the field with players fighting with other players. Like LCM said every team has issues of some sort or another.

I heard today that polk co. was having alot of issues on the field with players fighting with other players. Like LCM said every team has issues of some sort or another.

:roflol:

Where did you get that? Saw Ted at the game last night but didn't hear that! lol

Biggest issue I've heard of is that some guys may not have steady rides home from practice....

Before I make this statement, I want it to be known that I like Coach Derrick as a person.

When he was at Central, he was blessed with much talent and everyone knows it. Any coach could have done well with that bunch of boys. If I remember correctly, he dealt with problem after problem. There were even problems within the locker, off the field, and other issues. Morale may have been better because of winning but at times morality took a hit.

Ya'll know my sentiments about Derrick. Never shied from that as well as some of you know.

I've been considering here and there about your post. Only question I have is:

Where were you when I said the emperor had no clothes? I took a lot of grief from a lot of people over that - including an incident at Mexi-wing in Athens a few years ago for God's sake.

I was perfectly content with giving my boys a ride to Central since I work in Athens mostly, until Derrick showed his true colors to me personally. I actually interviewed Coach Davis before I pulled my oldest out of Central - he thought I was trying to sell him something, I just needed a handle on his style and temperment.

I was happy when Derrick left - odd sentiment to have since we've moved on and considering I'm usually busy as heck. Which brings us to present day.

I wish all the luck to Coach Goodin and his staff with the McMinn Central Football team. The stronger our district is, the better for all the boys playing football in East Tennessee. My twins might not see light of day in Coach Davis' program and thats ok by me, I estimate it's my boys not wowing them in practice and that's their two for one. I tell them... bit like leading a horse to water... Playing time never was an issue in either program with my boys. I just want them to learn that there are some things I cannot teach them and they need to seek it themselves, for themselves.

With that, I exit from the McMinn Central Threads (unless, well you know, football).

Good Luck Central!

Dennis Price

Ya'll know where I am lol

Edited by Yeehaw

let's talk about the game friday night against meigs.before i get on the bad things,i would like to give some credit to the coaches for trying to pass a little more this week.also, i would like to say that i noticed that some of the guys did not give up and were still trying at the end of the game.now,i still think that central can try some more in the short pass game.it seemed like to many pass plays were deep passes,and the line can't seem to block that long.i have to give a shout out to my pals warhorse,pummelking and logcabinman.as i was watching the game friday night,i could not help but to remember the things that i had posted on monday of last week.the #1 thing was the punt team,on one punt central got their punter killed,and on the others,one was blocked and tipped.i guess all those defensive linemen on punt team realy worked out great didn't they warhorse.and central does have a qb that can pass it,it looked like the freshmen has the better arm ,if he could just get some time to pass it.barrnet will be a star the next three years if he can get some help.the o-line and d-line for central are a bunch of girly wimps.and it looked like they just quit on the coaches and their teammates.logcabinman,i did agree with you on the first 3 games being tough.i thought that central should have played better with walker valley because they are a horrible 5a team.but,what now?does central even have a chance at winning one game this year?looks like it could go 0-10.and i realy hate that,because central has several good players and they are all jrs.,soph,and fresh.the seniors on this team stink,no guts or leadership.it looks like i was right about some things on last monday's post.don't ever doubt the ol'ball coach.warhorse and pummelking!i have forgot more about football,then you will ever know!!!!

let's talk about the game friday night against meigs.before i get on the bad things,i would like to give some credit to the coaches for trying to pass a little more this week.also, i would like to say that i noticed that some of the guys did not give up and were still trying at the end of the game.now,i still think that central can try some more in the short pass game.it seemed like to many pass plays were deep passes,and the line can't seem to block that long.i have to give a shout out to my pals warhorse,pummelking and logcabinman.as i was watching the game friday night,i could not help but to remember the things that i had posted on monday of last week.the #1 thing was the punt team,on one punt central got their punter killed,and on the others,one was blocked and tipped.i guess all those defensive linemen on punt team realy worked out great didn't they warhorse.and central does have a qb that can pass it,it looked like the freshmen has the better arm ,if he could just get some time to pass it.barrnet will be a star the next three years if he can get some help.the o-line and d-line for central are a bunch of girly wimps.and it looked like they just quit on the coaches and their teammates.logcabinman,i did agree with you on the first 3 games being tough.i thought that central should have played better with walker valley because they are a horrible 5a team.but,what now?does central even have a chance at winning one game this year?looks like it could go 0-10.and i realy hate that,because central has several good players and they are all jrs.,soph,and fresh.the seniors on this team stink,no guts or leadership.it looks like i was right about some things on last monday's post.don't ever doubt the ol'ball coach.warhorse and pummelking!i have forgot more about football,then you will ever know!!!!

That paragraph shows just how much you do know......but correct me if I'm wrong, Wyatt did not throw the football at all friday night. dont believe he even threw a football in warm ups...lol

PS: lol, you say central's offensive line is a bunch of girly wimps, then why do you want them blocking for the punter?

well catchandburn, you must not have been watching the game!barrnet had the best looking pass all night, and it was a pass to walker. it was about a 35 yard pass on the home sideline.read the stats!and you maybe right about the o-line, but we will never know because they are not in on the punt team.again,don't ever doubt the ol' ball coach!i don't get on here much.but when i do,least i know what i'm talking about!!i am a big central fan and boster supporter.both of my kids went to central,i went to central back in the 0's.i will always call it like i see it,and i don't get on here to brown nose the coaches either like sum on here.central has some issues and maybe they can get them fixed for next year.

I think that its a very good chance that central will go 0-10. Yes whyt or whatever his name is good, I saw signs of an awesome player but too bad it'll never be seen cause he'll never have enough time to pass or even hand the ball off. I am pretty sure that on the punt thing that you need line backers and d-line on it. most normal teams uses this method but we're not dealing with a head hunters here. I see this thread getting interesting hahaha

well catchandburn, you must not have been watching the game!barrnet had the best looking pass all night, and it was a pass to walker. it was about a 35 yard pass on the home sideline.read the stats!and you maybe right about the o-line, but we will never know because they are not in on the punt team.again,don't ever doubt the ol' ball coach!i don't get on here much.but when i do,least i know what i'm talking about!!i am a big central fan and boster supporter.both of my kids went to central,i went to central back in the 0's.i will always call it like i see it,and i don't get on here to brown nose the coaches either like sum on here.central has some issues and maybe they can get them fixed for next year.

Well we do agree Centraldoes have some issues and yes they can be fixed for next year. Get rid of the entire admin at Central front office and AD.