McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

Get off the A D at Central, ALL the other sports are pretty successful year in and year out. This isn't college, The Principal is who hires TEACHERS that coach, not the A D. He only suggests candidates to hire. As for the athletes that just went through the program, at least 6 also played basketball, this year only 2 are playing basketball. I know of about 3 to 4 other bball players that could really help the football team. same for baseball. In a school the size of Central, you must have the athletes from the other sports play on the football team, those are usually your skill players who defilitely make a difference on the offensive side of the ball. 2 years ago, Central scored somewhere around 45 to 50 times, how many this year so far? You got to have those kids out to be sucessful...just sayin'

ALL THE OTHER SPORTS ARE PRETTY SUCCESSFUL YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT---------You got to be kidding. Look inside the tropy cases, the proof is there for all to see. Heck even go into the GLORIFIED gym no banners hanging for state champions. The school has been around for how long and not state titles in team sports, one runner-up in football and two runner-up girls basketball. Only state titles are track one male and one female, one wrestler, these are individual titles. hopefuly they may get to add to this eith Eddington in Cross Country or Track this year.

There are many schools now where the AD does not coach he is also in the Asst. Prin. position, attendance or what ever. Central could make it happen, then maybe all are treated equally.

We all know Central is the good ol' boy school and the Prin and AD work together to hire or fire who they desire. Look how many employees there have sum blood ties within the school or system overall. Lots of serious dead weight there that needs to be cut and put in by new blood with no ties to the area and willing to burn the midnight oil to make things happen, but that will not happen because so many are stuck in the past with how things were.

You are right about having other kids out to join the football team, just like colleges recruit ATHLETES not specific position players, these players can help the HS team be much more productive. Get every kid in the school to be part of athletics--a member or supporter(fan). But as long as BB is GOD it will not happen, because they are the only sport that allows the student body to miss school to go watch the state games. why not excuse the student body when other athletes go to STATE and are representatives of McMinn Central in individual sports? They need the support and possibly the showing of fans student body could encourage them that little bit to make it to the top of the medal stand. Once again it will not happen because they are not TEAM sports, notably Basketball or Baseball.

ALL THE OTHER SPORTS ARE PRETTY SUCCESSFUL YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT---------You got to be kidding. Look inside the tropy cases, the proof is there for all to see. Heck even go into the GLORIFIED gym no banners hanging for state champions. The school has been around for how long and not state titles in team sports, one runner-up in football and two runner-up girls basketball. Only state titles are track one male and one female, one wrestler, these are individual titles. hopefuly they may get to add to this eith Eddington in Cross Country or Track this year.

There are many schools now where the AD does not coach he is also in the Asst. Prin. position, attendance or what ever. Central could make it happen, then maybe all are treated equally.

We all know Central is the good ol' boy school and the Prin and AD work together to hire or fire who they desire. Look how many employees there have sum blood ties within the school or system overall. Lots of serious dead weight there that needs to be cut and put in by new blood with no ties to the area and willing to burn the midnight oil to make things happen, but that will not happen because so many are stuck in the past with how things were.

You are right about having other kids out to join the football team, just like colleges recruit ATHLETES not specific position players, these players can help the HS team be much more productive. Get every kid in the school to be part of athletics--a member or supporter(fan). But as long as BB is GOD it will not happen, because they are the only sport that allows the student body to miss school to go watch the state games. why not excuse the student body when other athletes go to STATE and are representatives of McMinn Central in individual sports? They need the support and possibly the showing of fans student body could encourage them that little bit to make it to the top of the medal stand. Once again it will not happen because they are not TEAM sports, notably Basketball or Baseball.

I said pretty successful...not dynasties. Both girls and boys basketball have been to the state and I am sorry for folks like you that feel life as you know it is not complete without the almighty Gold Ball! Baseball, soccer, golf teams,past three years of football, all of these sports have had success. Those kids who put in the time and sweat feel like they have been successful. Central has had more kids get scholarships the past 10 years than McMinn, again pretty successful. BBall is notg God...but find any other sport that puts in the time and energy that these two teams do developing players. I hate bashers who have nothing constructive to bring to a chat site, all you seem to want to do is tear down what IS successful instead of finding out what works for hem and try to duplicate it in the football program!

I said pretty successful...not dynasties. Both girls and boys basketball have been to the state and I am sorry for folks like you that feel life as you know it is not complete without the almighty Gold Ball! Baseball, soccer, golf teams,past three years of football, all of these sports have had success. Those kids who put in the time and sweat feel like they have been successful. Central has had more kids get scholarships the past 10 years than McMinn, again pretty successful. BBall is notg God...but find any other sport that puts in the time and energy that these two teams do developing players. I hate bashers who have nothing constructive to bring to a chat site, all you seem to want to do is tear down what IS successful instead of finding out what works for hem and try to duplicate it in the football program!

Well all athletes put in the sweat and none more than individual atheletes because they have no one to push them besides themeselves.

All things are measured by greatness, so the determining factor of succes in TN is the measureing stick of STATE TITLES.

People think BB is God in McMinn County. And lets not forget it is treated like it, because what ever excuse or reason it is the only sport that gets to practice during the school ours and dead times which make it illegal, but heck it's allowed to continue. The only sport played from Elem. and Middle Schools as teams up into HS. Heck even the gym useage has to be scheduled around the Elem. basketball tournament. Now talk about favortism, when lower schools get to have the rights to the HS gym regardings its useage and availability over in season high school sports.

I do not bash, I am not hiding behind what is going on and letting ALL know the facts that have been over shadowed for so long at Central.

I have never wanted to tear anything down that is believed to be successful, what I would like is for fairness and equality. Treat all athletics and personnel the same.

All eyes should be put to use for observations of what exactly goes on in the gym during season and after season. Hold all parties accountable for sight supervision and punishment for failure to follow the rules.

Edited by PUMMELKING

Well all athletes put in the sweat and none more than individual atheletes because they have no one to push them besides themeselves.

All things are measured by greatness, so the determining factor of succes in TN is the measureing stick of STATE TITLES.

People think BB is God in McMinn County. And lets not forget it is treated like it, because what ever excuse or reason it is the only sport that gets to practice during the school ours and dead times which make it illegal, but heck it's allowed to continue. The only sport played from Elem. and Middle Schools as teams up into HS. Heck even the gym useage has to be scheduled around the Elem. basketball tournament. Now talk about favortism, when lower schools get to have the rights to the HS gym regardings its useage and availability over in season high school sports.

I do not bash, I am not hiding behind what is going on and letting ALL know the facts that have been over shadowed for so long at Central.

I have never wanted to tear anything down that is believed to be successful, what I would like is for fairness and equality. Treat all athletics and personnel the same.

All eyes should be put to use for observations of what exactly goes on in the gym during season and after season. Hold all parties accountable for sight supervision and punishment for failure to follow the rules.

Oh well, no sense talking anymore to a basketball hater. By the comments you post I figure you are close to the wrestling team since you are also complaining about gym usage to the County Elementery School tournament where BTW...Central benefits from hosting. I do gotta throw the B S flag on the statement "I never wanted to tear down anything that is believed to be successful..." What do you think you are doing ratting out what you think is illegel in practice schedules? Either back the school, offer some positive suggestions or move on....please!

Oh well, no sense talking anymore to a basketball hater. By the comments you post I figure you are close to the wrestling team since you are also complaining about gym usage to the County Elementery School tournament where BTW...Central benefits from hosting. I do gotta throw the B S flag on the statement "I never wanted to tear down anything that is believed to be successful..." What do you think you are doing ratting out what you think is illegel in practice schedules? Either back the school, offer some positive suggestions or move on....please!

I have made possitive suggestions: get rid of the admin and make the AD a person who is not a coach add it to an asst prin.

You say the Elem school bb tourny benefits Central, would be beneficial to know how the money is utilized from the event. It should have been used for a seperate gym, not just for athletics but for PE classes as well. Not to make all the modifications to the old gym which is sum people's sacred ground or cloud nine.

Well like I have said if all are treated equally it would be understandable but it is not.

When the bb team holds practice during school as a scheduled period that is only open to players on the team and not all students int he school, that is unfair. Then when a player quits the team they are removed out of the basketball class and placed into weight-training. But if a person decides to quit another sport that is in weight-training they are not placed into the basketball class. Can you say FAVORTISM!!!

The school will never accept any idea that goes against BB. So what is the purpose, its time for BB to feel what all the others have had to deal with.

I must confess tho, THE GREATEST SITE ON A basketball floor is WRESTLING MATS DOOR TO DOOR!!!

I have made possitive suggestions: get rid of the admin and make the AD a person who is not a coach add it to an asst prin.

You say the Elem school bb tourny benefits Central, would be beneficial to know how the money is utilized from the event. It should have been used for a seperate gym, not just for athletics but for PE classes as well. Not to make all the modifications to the old gym which is sum people's sacred ground or cloud nine.

Well like I have said if all are treated equally it would be understandable but it is not.

When the bb team holds practice during school as a scheduled period that is only open to players on the team and not all students int he school, that is unfair. Then when a player quits the team they are removed out of the basketball class and placed into weight-training. But if a person decides to quit another sport that is in weight-training they are not placed into the basketball class. Can you say FAVORTISM!!!

The school will never accept any idea that goes against BB. So what is the purpose, its time for BB to feel what all the others have had to deal with.

I must confess tho, THE GREATEST SITE ON A basketball floor is WRESTLING MATS DOOR TO DOOR!!!

hahahaha this is great... PK why dont you fix the wrestling program to prove you shouldn't be institutionalized... a good start would be to get the coach an atlas so you won't have to forfeit multiple matches next year hahahahaha... and its not favoritism to not move a kid from weight training into basketball... why would you put them in basketball???? you're a certified dunce man